Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Jazz!!!

Cool Bring Back Jazz!!!

Ok, this is it...

No more we'll put up with the continuing racial ethnic discrimination against us! There were 5 Autobots in Film1 and the only one that eventualy died was the only African-American-bot!!!
    I feel offended by everyones lack of interest against this gruelling misstreatment of Jazz and his death in Film1...

I could have delt with the fall of Jazz, if it was a fall worthy of Optimus Prime's "SECOND IN COMMAND".
    Instead that bot-of-a-Gun Megatron just splits him in half... I remind you that the only action Jazz performed was a spin on Devastators cannon and a minor kicking-off of his shoulder-turret...

I find it offensive and racial, not just that they (writers, director, producers)killed-off Jazz, but also the maner in which they did... Megatron didn't even have a bruise!!! It wasn't even a fight!!! AAAAAARGH!!!

This is a fan cry for help!!!
    Please, post only if you want Jazz back in the second movie!
    If you don't want him back please do not make this a mess...

We (the people) want Jazz back!
    There has to be an Black/African-descent Autobot in Film2...
    We stand by Jazz...
    He's the only MF' Bot that can Represent fo' real!!!

TF2 the return of Jazz!!!

Default Re: Bring Back Jazz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Totem91 View Post
    Ok, this is it...

No more we'll put up with the continuing racial ethnic discrimination against us! There were 5 Autobots in Film1 and the only one that eventualy died was the only African-American-bot!!!
    I feel offended by everyones lack of interest against this gruelling misstreatment of Jazz and his death in Film1...

I could have delt with the fall of Jazz, if it was a fall worthy of Optimus Prime's "SECOND IN COMMAND".
    Instead that bot-of-a-Gun Megatron just splits him in half... I remind you that the only action Jazz performed was a spin on Devastators cannon and a minor kicking-off of his shoulder-turret...

I find it offensive and racial, not just that they (writers, director, producers)killed-off Jazz, but also the maner in which they did... Megatron didn't even have a bruise!!! It wasn't even a fight!!! AAAAAARGH!!!

This is a fan cry for help!!!
    Please, post only if you want Jazz back in the second movie!
    If you don't want him back please do not make this a mess...

We (the people) want Jazz back!
    There has to be an Black/African-descent Autobot in Film2...
    We stand by Jazz...
    He's the only MF' Bot that can Represent fo' real!!!

TF2 the return of Jazz!!!
    I hear ya bro, but Jazz was silver.

I did see a black Solstice yesterday though. It was pretty.

And I think some people take the 'racial' part of it a bit far. The only races on cybertron were Autobots, decepticons, constructicons, dinobots, and many others, but no black, white, female, male, etc. etc. etc.

*okay off my soapbox*

And I am for Jazz coming back in the sequel. It could very well happen, hence that little piece of all spark Prime picked out of Megs chest. We'll have to wait and see.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Jazz didn't die because he was black....he died because he was a cheaply made pontiac solstice ...and smaller than Bumblebee. If he was a Porsche, that never would have happened.

(A while back, I read somewhere Porsche didn't want anything to do with war machines, so I can understand why Jazz assumed a different form)

If Jazz somehow returns in the sequel, and Bay decides he must absolutely be a Solstice again.......Please just let him show off his Killer Sound system!
    I'd love to see him being chased by Starscream or some other airbourne decepticon and selecting "Cracklin Bread" by Dave Hamilton for a little chase music.

Check it out here http://mp3skyline.com/rid-0x4f6ed-da...-download.html

Default Return of lame TF threads?

Jazz could've been assimilating a white kid trying to talk slang for all we know. The stereotype thing is a tired and baseless gripe that is a good way for Admin to welcome you with a locked thread.

The black guy (Tyrese) lived. End of story.

It'll be a plus if Jazz comes back reformatted as something cooler. If he doesn't, cool, that's room for another new 'bot to take up the screen.

No Jazz is dead. We have way more cool robots to come.

Bay

Default Re: Return of lame TF threads?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Jazz could've been assimilating a white kid trying to talk slang for all we know. The stereotype thing is a tired and baseless gripe that is a good way for Admin to welcome you with a locked thread.

The black guy (Tyrese) lived. End of story.

It'll be a plus if Jazz comes back reformatted as something cooler. If he doesn't, cool, that's room for another new 'bot to take up the screen.
    Hey, good point, I kinda forgot about him.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post

Bay
    mr bay can i send you a pm
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

i can't wait to see the new robots

Bay
    WOOT!! (for the new robots).

Not that I didn't like Jazz.....but come on people, maybe Bay is teasing us.

Remember where he said he was going to toss out a lot of fake stuff to see what the responses and all that would be?

I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    WOOT!! (for the new robots).

Not that I didn't like Jazz.....but come on people, maybe Bay is teasing us.

Remember where he said he was going to toss out a lot of fake stuff to see what the responses and all that would be?

I'm playing devil's advocate here.
    i do remember.. i hope it's soundwave with frank welker
    voicing him, having him and peter the movie would be #1 for weeks
    michael please remove the flames from prime... if hotrod is in the movie
    he needs the flames

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    he needs the flames
    OMG...
    Please Mr Bay, don't listen to him, or any other crazy fans
    Optimus looked awesome, and the other robots looked outstanding.
    Why would you base the artistic design of the movie on a crap cartoon from 20 years ago?!!
    I'm sure that if Floro Dery had thought about it at the time, Prime would have had flames. He looks so cool

points arm cannon at beetlejuice

Ok so jazz is dead.
    Hell i liked jazz but hay thats life.
    That just make's more room for another Autobot to take his place.The question is who.

Beetlejuice HotRod does not need FLAMES That is so 80s. HotRod needs a new Look now just like Prime did and now that he has his new look Prime LOOKS SWEET with flames.
    Last edited by IMT Guyver; 01-05-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Bay
    I'm glad to hear that Jazz ain't coming back only because it would make his sacrifice in the first film pointless, I mean it was bad enough Optimus was brought back to life in G1.
    Jesus respawned in 3 days.....

Now that's lag.

Bay
    Dear mr. Bay,

I had no problem with the flames on Prime (if you freeze-frame it in some scenes they actualy do look like ribs)... No prob with Megatron's transformation into an alien spaceship instead of a gun (I also thought that the Gun-transformation would be far out there)... No prob also with turning the movie into a GMC advertisment because I understand (more than most would think I do) how the budget of a major film would work...

My problem was that you, mr. Bay, killed off my favourite character in the movie (and one of my top3 sci-fiction characters of all time) without even giving him a "proper sending"...
    No battle, no bruises, no scars, no nothing...
    I can understand that the budget was so condenced in order for other shots to get done but, seriously, Rachet doing back-flips? 4 times seeing Blackout transform? The soda-pop-vender-bot? Were all those shots more important than Jazz, I don't know, let's say, poaking out the eye of Megatron before eventualy falling under him after a massive 30 sec battle? Just to give Prime a fighting chance! Cause let's face it, if you had O.P. fighting Megatron on the moon, with no "outside" interference, Optimus would've never had a chance the way you "monsterised" Megatron!!!
    Whatever... Your decisions, what's done is done...

But seriously mr. Bay... Remember, YOUR movie, YOUR production, YOUR decisions, but...
    It's OUR support that got you where you are today...

Totem...

PS. Thanks for casting a coloured actor to voice-over Jazz... That's how it always played out in my mind...
    PS2. If Jazz doesn't return in film2 then Megatron should not return either...
    Let's face it, getting cut in half is way less than being fried by the allspark...
    PS3. I feel oblidged to admit that apart from the death of Jazz, the rest of the movie was good storytelling...
    PS4. OK, maybe it's not OUR support that got you exactly where you are today. I'll admit I didn't watch Pearl Harbor in a Theater (rented it later)...
    PS5. No, hard feelings for you, the writers on the other hand should sleep with one eye open! May the fleas of a million camels descend upon their pubic areas!!!!!

don't think jazz is really dead looks like megatron comes back in 2 could bring back jazz

Banned

points arm cannon at beetlejuice
    Go ahead... make my millenium... hahahahaha

funny... a big dead guy going after a little dead guy
    Hey btw... there's a cool brothel in town... wanna check it out...?!!

sure

he needs the flames
    Meh, forget hot rod. I really didn't like him in the cartoons.

And I like the flames on Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by lexus prime View Post
    don't think jazz is really dead looks like megatron comes back in 2 could bring back jazz
    That's exactly what I think. But hey, in the words of Galvatron:

"We All Must Die Sometime"

Quote Originally Posted by Totem91 View Post
    Dear mr. Bay,

I had no problem with the flames on Prime (if you freeze-frame it in some scenes they actualy do look like ribs)... No prob with Megatron's transformation into an alien spaceship instead of a gun (I also thought that the Gun-transformation would be far out there)... No prob also with turning the movie into a GMC advertisment because I understand (more than most would think I do) how the budget of a major film would work...

My problem was that you, mr. Bay, killed off my favourite character in the movie (and one of my top3 sci-fiction characters of all time) without even giving him a "proper sending"...
    No battle, no bruises, no scars, no nothing...
    I can understand that the budget was so condenced in order for other shots to get done but, seriously, Rachet doing back-flips? 4 times seeing Blackout transform? The soda-pop-vender-bot? Were all those shots more important than Jazz, I don't know, let's say, poaking out the eye of Megatron before eventualy falling under him after a massive 30 sec battle? Just to give Prime a fighting chance! Cause let's face it, if you had O.P. fighting Megatron on the moon, with no "outside" interference, Optimus would've never had a chance the way you "monsterised" Megatron!!!
    Whatever... Your decisions, what's done is done...

But seriously mr. Bay... Remember, YOUR movie, YOUR production, YOUR decisions, but...
    It's OUR support that got you where you are today...

Totem...

PS. Thanks for casting a coloured actor to voice-over Jazz... That's how it always played out in my mind...
    PS2. If Jazz doesn't return in film2 then Megatron should not return either...
    Let's face it, getting cut in half is way less than being fried by the allspark...
    PS3. I feel oblidged to admit that apart from the death of Jazz, the rest of the movie was good storytelling...
    PS4. OK, maybe it's not OUR support that got you exactly where you are today. I'll admit I didn't watch Pearl Harbor in a Theater (rented it later)...
    PS5. No, hard feelings for you, the writers on the other hand should sleep with one eye open! May the fleas of a million camels descend upon their pubic areas!!!!!
    I definitely agree, the death of Jazz was like hitting a fly with a swatter (BAM........well glad that's over). Jazz was my younger bro's fav character in the old days, so he was a little upset that the death wasn't as warranted. I liked the movie overall, but we didn't know what was worse, Jazz's death, or Optimus Prime going ragdoll.

P.S. We all knew that Jazz would have been cast by a black actor, the late Scatman Crothers set the tone. I liked how di bonaventura danced around on the DVD that saying he needed someone who "sounded cool". That's ok, we all knew what you meant. For future reference, "Coloured" is not the way to describe a black person. Last time I checked, I wasn't a spokesperson for Crayola.

Jazz could of been back for the second film; little was done with the character in the first film...

Bay
    I hope this is actually the truth and not one of your 'cunning' ploys to fool the fanbase.

He was badly characterised in the first movie, did next to nothing, Optimus didn't care enough about his death and was a rubbish toy.

Bringing him back would not only show how meaningless his death was, but destroys the premise that dead means dead. By all means kill off characters, but never bring them back unless they are rebuilt into something else.

E.g Megatron --> Galvatron

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus124 View Post
    I definitely agree, the death of Jazz was like hitting a fly with a swatter (BAM........well glad that's over). Jazz was my younger bro's fav character in the old days, so he was a little upset that the death wasn't as warranted. I liked the movie overall, but we didn't know what was worse, Jazz's death, or Optimus Prime going ragdoll.

P.S. We all knew that Jazz would have been cast by a black actor, the late Scatman Crothers set the tone. I liked how di bonaventura danced around on the DVD that saying he needed someone who "sounded cool". That's ok, we all knew what you meant. For future reference, "Coloured" is not the way to describe a black person. Last time I checked, I wasn't a spokesperson for Crayola.
    Yea, I hear people say colored and think: "WTH? Is this the early deep south?". I have always thought if you were black, you were black. Just like If I'm white, then I'm white. I get why people say African American, but that also implies that a person isn't totally American. I rationalize it as American... period. My generation has changed to the fact where we don't see color as much. But I don't think I would used colored as a reference to a black friend of mine.

And I'm not having at anyone who does use the word colored, or talk about "African Americans" rather than black. It's just my personal way of thinking.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

I just hope to god HotRod isnt in the films at all, I mean, he was just annoying =/