Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collectible 3D Glasses

Default Collectible 3D Glasses

It'd be wonderful if for Dark of the Moon 3D we could get our own special TF glasses. Nice ones, with Optimus on one side and Soundwave on the other maybe. It'd be nice if we could have a quality keepsake instead of the usual cheap junk. The ones I had for Tron 3D IMAX tonight were yellow, flat and the stems didn't even bend shut (the kind that poke you the whole time!).
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Thumbs up Re: Collectible 3D Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    It'd be wonderful if for Dark of the Moon 3D we could get our own special TF glasses. Nice ones, with Optimus on one side and Soundwave on the other maybe. It'd be nice if we could have a quality keepsake instead of the usual cheap junk. The ones I had for Tron 3D IMAX tonight were yellow, flat and the stems didn't even bend shut (the kind that poke you the whole time!).
    I couldn't agree more. It'd be definitely nice to see DOTM over our own 3D glasses instead of cloudy and sticky ones theaters provide.

Default Re: Collectible 3D Glasses

That would be awesome! Although they might or might not charge your for an extra dollar or two on those glasses!

Btw... I collected every type of Slurpee cup of ROTF from 7 eleven! XD
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

im game!

Yes!

that would be amazing! personally I think if they had a transformers metal like wreckers design on them. now that would be amazing

This would be awesome! :borat

But... my theatre has to reuse the IMAX 3D glasses over and over. When I saw TRON for a second time, my glasses were so horribly smudged, it would have been impossible to watch the film if I didn't clean them.

However, my theatre re-stocks on normal 3D glasses, so, yes I'm game for collector's edition glasses!
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

or what if s4te had an exclusive offer for glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbrosfilm View Post

But... my theatre has to reuse the IMAX 3D glasses over and over. When I saw TRON for a second time, my glasses were so horribly smudged, it would have been impossible to watch the film if I didn't clean them.

However, my theatre re-stocks on normal 3D glasses, so, yes I'm game for collector's edition glasses!
    Last night for Tron IMAX we got these: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...3d-glasses.jpg

After being spoiled by these babies

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/...5d37d84b8c.jpg

I was not happy. Hopefully, by the time DotM comes out we'll get a happy medium with the equipment. The virtue of the yellow kind is that they wrap around glasses you already have own (if you're me!) but the stems are too long, thin and hard and they poke you in the head after a while. The Avatar 3D shades are flat and formless so they tend to dip more off your nose, but the stems are way more comfortable. The happy medium I'm suggesting is to round the stems more but keep the same material and curve. Additionally, they could make the stems fatter to include an image or indica on them (special for DotM use).

Last night for Tron IMAX we got these: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...3d-glasses.jpg

I was not happy. Hopefully, by the time DotM comes out we'll get a happy medium with the equipment. The virtue of the yellow kind is that they wrap around glasses you already have own (if you're me!) but the stems are too long, thin and hard and they poke you in the head after a while. The Avatar 3D shades are flat and formless so they tend to dip more off your nose, but the stems are way more comfortable. The happy medium I'm suggesting is to round the stems more but keep the same material and curve. Additionally, they could make the stems fatter to include an image or indica on them (special for DotM use).

I always used to get those yellow ones at IMAX movies. They made special glasses for Jackass 3D so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for a big movie like TF3.

megatron one side and soundwave the other
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Dang, if IMAX is so great, why do they have such shit glasses!?
    Ugh. Its kind of irritating.
    But I LOVE the idea of Transformer themed 3D glasses. Would be cool, but SOMEONE's gotta pay for the changing of the glasses for the film. No?
    Maybe the companies would have to pay for that and idk if thats worth it.
    But either way, really awesome idea...and hopefully IMAX can get some better glasses. Sheesh
    (o_O)

First of all, lets leave the designing to the ohh so intellegent and talented designers who make them.

Second of all, dont you guys remember me posting the special Tron Legacy 3D glasses in another thread a few months back? this is not new. TRON has beaten DOTM to it =/ =(
    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?8148-How-to-watch-in-3D-properly-when-you-have-glasses

Originally Posted by Flyingheart

Oakley 3D polarized glasses for you here, take em to the (Real D) theater!

Color: Black or White

The Tron Limited Version!

Have fun!
    And third of all, i want good 3D glasses like them TRON glasses that fit over normal glasses please make a cool design, not childish please! A cool mature design please.
    And maybe with extra functions in it like GPS information like, tempature, time, speed, and other...

Oh yeah, and the reason why they give crappy 3d glasses is because people tend to steal them when they leave the room... so they have to be cheap and mass made easily

and also having your own 3D glasses may not be compaitable with the 3D technology in your near by theater/cinema. people tell me... so i geuss IMAX 3D technology is different to RealD 3D technology?...

These are the glasses we get. Nice huh? But, like I said, my theatre doesn't clean 'em.
    CIMG7342.jpg

I get the Real D 3D glasses for non-IMAX shows as well. So if they do DOTM glasses, I hope it's those.
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

See, the concept of theft doesn't make sense to me. I kept my glasses when I went to see Avatar and I used them again. No one stopped me to return them. The buckets encourage you to recycle but returning the glasses is not required, per se. They're not going to knock down the price because I bring my own glasses and they''re a memento of my Avatar viewing, as its the first modern 3D film I saw in a theatre. I'm not talking about spending $150 on a piece of specialized equipment, just a functional collectible.

My cinema actually forces you to keep them. and charge pathetic amounts for them. Basically so they don't have to keep buying shitloads and give you already used ones.
    (: So I always keep hold of my own pair which I regulary clean before I watch a 3D film.
    R.I.P Don LaFonatane, The official voice of hollywood.

These are the glasses we get. Nice huh? But, like I said, my theatre doesn't clean 'em.
    CIMG7342.jpg

I get the Real D 3D glasses for non-IMAX shows as well. So if they do DOTM glasses, I hope it's those.
    Hey, I'd be okay with these! These are all right!

I'm not talking about spending $150 on a piece of specialized equipment, just a functional collectible.
    This.

maybe not cinemas but special promo for 3d collectors dvd pack??

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    maybe not cinemas but special promo for 3d collectors dvd pack??
    Opening night.

(I already have a 55" LED and I'm not buying another one, sorry!)

Everywhere ive been watching 3D i ALWAYS had to return them... always... in the Netherlands, Belgium and even in the US i had to give em back.
    They were always standing at the exit with bags or buckets, what ever.

My cinema has these glasses:

They are not ideal to put over your own glasses and they have a cleaning service but they dont polish the drops of water off after they have been "washed" so you need to clean them again with your own cloths... -_-

Banned

where i watch my 3d movies, we get the proper active shutter ones with the batteries in them. they also give us tissues to wipe it if we want & have to return them after the movie is over. there are other cinemas that give those cheap paper white throw away glasses- but the quality of the 3d sucks with those on..
    would love transformers 3d glasses tho.

In Japan, Warner theaters are selling new glasses and clip-on glasses for four eyed viewers at guests' request.

Those RealD and IMAX 3D glasses are inexpensively available, but XpanD and Dolby3D glasses wouldn't come cheap like that. Still, I'd love to buy DOTM collectible glasses in every format.

My nearest theater used to give XpanD glasses, and they where awesome. Great 3d feeling and big lens, so it doesn't matter if I put them over my glasses.

But now they changed into RealD. Better light loss, but really uncomfortable. While putting them over my glasses they made me loose too much view field. And the "3D effect" seems less noticeable.