Thread: Sooooooo...?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Default Sooooooo...?

Anyone want to wager on a dialogue between Shockwave and Sentinel Prime in which one of them references being "illogical?" You know it HAS to happen-- with Nimoy voicing SP and Shockwave the most logical of Transformers.

Default Re: Sooooooo...?

Hmm, hadn't thought of that.

Shockwave - Die Autobots Die

Sentinal - Your actions are most illogical shockwave

Shockwave - Logic dictates I kill you now

Sentinal - Optimus beam me up

Wait a minute. From what I've gathered from the past couple of weeks, some people seemed to resent the idea of having James Bond or Ferrari homages, yet it's perfectly okay to have a Spock homage?

Quote Originally Posted by Faceh View Post
    Shockwave - Die Autobots Die

Sentinal - Your actions are most illogical shockwave

Shockwave - Logic dictates I kill you now

Sentinal - Optimus beam me up

lmfao!!! I nearly dropped off my chair reading that LOL
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker
    Wait a minute. From what I've gathered from the past couple of weeks, some people seemed to resent the idea of having James Bond or Ferrari homages, yet it's perfectly okay to have a Spock homage?
    Don't bring that logic of yours in here! There's no room for such...sense.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Don't bring that logic of yours in here! There's no room for such...sense.

Ed Fuego

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    The difference is already a known autobot is (in the case Sentiel Prime). The person voicing him might have a line or two at most in "homage" of the character he's most known for playing vs. two robots who's first homage tribuits are towards things that have nothing to do with transformers in the first place. Not to mention, unlike Q and Dino, there is no name confusion or "controversy" with SP.
    So in a sence, Because Sentiel Prime is already in itself an homage, giving a Star Trek
    shout out isn't a big deal. In fact, its welcomed.
    Now keep in mind this is just my opinion on the matter. I'm not speaking for anyone else on this, nor am i saying my opinion is right or wrong.

Well, besides being a huge Transformers fan I'm also a Trekkie, so I will absolutely welcome any glimpse that might give warmth to my Star Trek heart.

In the first Transformers movie I just loved the lines spoken by Optimus Prime, such as "freedom is the right of all sentient beings", which was part of the G1 tech specs.

God! I have already been invited to a Hasbro Premiere, should I remain silent (mature) or should I scream like a little girl, if such a line comes out?

Oh my god, I totally forgot about the voice actor!
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Banned

Like somone said above me, It isn't welcomed when the whole car itself is named to instill a homage!! It should be Transformers first, homage second, leave the transformers names, if they act or say things like certain characters, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post

Hey, maybe there will be a scene of old school Star Trek on just before the TV goes to EBS.

anyone noticed if Sentinal has eyebrows lol

anyone noticed if Sentinal has eyebrows lol

Yeah, he does:

r_sentinel-prime-089.jpg

I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

well there you have it folks thats what will happen an eyebrow raise

Ok mike, we know you've created the best 3D movie since Avatar but, in the next spot, can we get a 0.5 sec preview of the bot that said, "You've failed me yet again starscream, GET THEM" ???
    ~~~Everything our Government knew of aliens we were told had been shared. They lied to us. They've made a grave mistake."~~~

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star General
    Ok mike, we know you've created the best 3D movie since Avatar but, in the next spot, can we get a 0.5 sec preview of the bot that said, "You've failed me yet again starscream, GET THEM" ???
    I disagree. Save it for the movie. They've already done a great job of keeping many of the characters we know are in the movie from being seen. I want that to continue. We are too close to the opening to mess up the great anticipation that's been created by keeping things under wrap. It's 17 days, not 17 weeks.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

well there you have it folks thats what will happen an eyebrow raise
    See that's what I'm thinking. A nice subtle, but awesome homage, probably in reaction to someone giving him the "life long and prosper" hand gesture.

I disagree. Save it for the movie. They've already done a great job of keeping many of the characters we know are in the movie from being seen. I want that to continue. We are too close to the opening to mess up the great anticipation that's been created by keeping things under wrap. It's 17 days, not 17 weeks.

Ed Fuego
    Agree.

Wow, is it really only 17 days until the movie comes out? It feels like it was yesterday when there were 5 months remaining
    Don't expect everyone to always agree with you

Ed Fuego
    Agreed. We don't need every character seen before the movie. I understand the quick shot of Shockwave to get people's blood pumping, but having a few kept secert before the start is prefferred. That gives off even more anticipation of the movie.