Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool writeup on things we missed in the Trailer.

Banned

Default Cool writeup on things we missed in the Trailer.

Default Re: Cool writeup on things we missed in the Trailer.

The whole point of the trailer and the scene is too show that the intent of the mission was not just to land on the moon but to investigate the crashed vessel. I am sure their is many subtleties that were missed or not explained. This was a very condensed clip showing many shots from angles and it probably doesn't follow sequence.

I see nothing cool in this. The guy who wrote this has too much free time on his head. What a bullshit! Who cares that the whole landing thing is not 100% like the original. This is just a trailer for a Sci Fi movie. This is not a documentary about the Apollo mission.
    I was surprised that this guy didn't comment the alien existence and how on Earth it is possible a giant robot to transform.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I see nothing cool in this. The guy who wrote this has too much free time on his head. What a bullshit! Who cares that the whole landing thing is not 100% like the original. This is just a trailer for a Sci Fi movie. This is not a documentary about the Apollo mission.
    I was surprised that this guy didn't comment the alien existence and how on Earth it is possible a giant robot to transform.
    Calm down there killer lol. I just to show how some small yet important things in the real history were left out and or how Bay used parts of the Apollo 13 movie clips to fill in for Apollo 11 in the trailer.

After all he does say... 'In the teaser trailer released last week for Transformers: Dark of the Moon director Michael Bay rewrites the history of the first moon landing'

Its transformers, it's bay. let things roll. out?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Calm down there killer lol. I just to show how some small yet important things in the real history were left out and or how Bay used parts of the Apollo 13 movie clips to fill in for Apollo 11 in the trailer.
    I was pissed at the guy who wrote this. Not you. Thanks for the link.

Doesnt really matter. from what sources did this guy get his intel? The sources Sector 7 doctored for the public audience. Aside from the astronaughts, who knows what really happened and what was doctored? This guy does have alot of free time.

I find the discrepancies interesting but it kinda misses the point. Because the story involves a coverup of what the real Apollo 11 mission was, the story can tell it anyway it wants. For example, the author says there was only one camera there, but that's only as far as he knows. Part of the secret might be that there were two cameras (or three. Or four).

A couple people have mentioned (in other places) "how could you see the earth if you were on the far side of the moon?". Well, maybe they weren't on the far side of the moon. Everyone back on earth just thought they were on the far side, because that's what they were told, shown, etc. They could have been anywhere on the moon, including somewhere where the earth is visible.

I really find the premise of the teaser and of the movie fascinating.
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

What the shit is this? Nothing else to do?

just to show how some small yet important things in the real history were left out and or how Bay used parts of the Apollo 13 movie clips to fill in for Apollo 11 in the trailer.
    Actually Michael himself said that he didn't have time to be involved with the TF3 teaser. So I wonder who was in charge.

Not that I missed, I simply didn't care.

A 1956 Continental Mark II convertible could've been parked next to the Ark on the moon and I would've not cared.

I guess someone needed some web hits!

Actually Michael himself said that he didn't have time to be involved with the TF3 teaser. So I wonder who was in charge.
    Wrong. He said initially he didn't have anything to do with it and then later became totally involved. Who do you think shot those NASA, astronauts walking on the moon, and Ark scenes?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Not that I missed, I simply didn't care.

A 1956 Continental Mark II convertible could've been parked next to the Ark on the moon and I would've not cared.

I guess someone needed some web hits!
    Yeah I guess youre right lol
    Wrong. He said initially he didn't have anything to do with it and then later became totally involved. Who do you think shot those NASA, astronauts walking on the moon, and Ark scenes?
    And thanks for confirming to everyone that it is indeed the Ark

Sharp, very sharp, shadow
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by i-MAN View Post
    Sharp, very sharp, shadow
    what? Who me?:lmao

well since 1 cat is out of the bag so to speak, is it Vector Prime at the end?

someone has far too much time on thier hands to nitpick thorugh a trailer that probably isnt in order
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

Ark scenes eh?

Of course he shot it. I was wondering who was supervising it. I was left with the impression that Michael didn't have time for the actual editing and connecting of all the pieces. I thought he was supervising from a distance (live feeds or something) and was wondering who is second in charge.
    No matter what we now get another piece of the puzzle. With still no concept leaks this is what we rely on. Keep it up Nelson.

I do love how casually Nelson throws out answers with a big spoiler in them You're sat there reading his post and it's like 'Whoa, wait... did i just read that right?'

:lmao
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

I see nothing cool in this. The guy who wrote this has too much free time on his head.
    Hi, I'm the guy who wrote the article... sorry you didn't like it, but it wasn't written because I had nothing better to do.

collectSPACE is a space history website. Our forum members are museum curators, historians, authors, astronauts, flight controllers and space history enthusiasts. In other words, all the types who can rattle off everything in the trailer that doesn't support what really happened 40 years ago -- in some cases because they built, launched and flew the missions themselves.

I didn't nitpick the trailer for them, as they could have done it just as easily for themselves.

Rather I wrote it for everyone else. I wasn't criticizing the trailer -- I actually enjoyed it quite a bit -- but it offered an opportunity to (re-)introduce some of the real Apollo history to audiences that might not otherwise be familiar or be inclined to look it up.

Maybe, because of an interest in Transformers, you took a few minutes to read it and it either jogged a memory or you learned a new factoid about the Apollo 11 mission. Maybe you didn't, but you still walked away with the knowledge that the crashed spacecraft wasn't the only thing that changed about the mission (intentional or not).

In any case, thank you Shadow for linking to the article and thinking it was cool.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by collectSPACE View Post
    Hi, I'm the guy who wrote the article... sorry you didn't like it, but it wasn't written because I had nothing better to do.

collectSPACE is a space history website. Our forum members are museum curators, historians, authors, astronauts, flight controllers and space history enthusiasts. In other words, all the types who can rattle off everything in the trailer that doesn't support what really happened 40 years ago -- in some cases because they built, launched and flew the missions themselves.

I didn't nitpick the trailer for them, as they could have done it just as easily for themselves.

Rather I wrote it for everyone else. I wasn't criticizing the trailer -- I actually enjoyed it quite a bit -- but it offered an opportunity to (re-)introduce some of the real Apollo history to audiences that might not otherwise be familiar or be inclined to look it up.

Maybe, because of an interest in Transformers, you took a few minutes to read it and it either jogged a memory or you learned a new factoid about the Apollo 11 mission. Maybe you didn't, but you still walked away with the knowledge that the crashed spacecraft wasn't the only thing that changed about the mission (intentional or not).

In any case, thank you Shadow for linking to the article and thinking it was cool.
    not a problem.

When somebody goes to see a Sci Fi movie he doesn't go there with the idea of learning some history. Everybody knows that there might be stuff that is not 100% accurate.

In the context of this third TF3 movie, consipiracy is at its highest. So what realy happened, according to the movie, and what was told to the masses, again, acording to the movie, might be two very diferent things. Being someone that for some reason or another knows people that worked directly with those missions, gives you access to the historical truth, but in relation with the movie truth, what you know might be completly false and used as coverup info spread by Sector 7.

Given this possibility, your article seemed intent on bashing the trailer for its lack of accuracy, but, once again, in the context of TF3's conspiracy theory, your version of the facts is innacurate.

Now that i know it was not your intention, its all good!

*sits back and watches as the fandom takes that Ark comment and RUNS FULL SPEED with it*