Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 & Deadpool Spinoff

Default X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 & Deadpool Spinoff

Ok so 20th Century Fox have confirmed they are doing X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 and now said they will be doing an exploration of Deadpool character spinoff called "Deadpool".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14052

Anyone but me think X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't that great? The trilogy was far better in my opinion.

I mean the only reason the film worked was because of Hugh Jackman playing his character as Wolverine, which most people love, but the story was weak. Seriously now who would want to see Ryan Reynolds for a full feature film, outside the comedy genre (in which I don't watch him in anyway, because he aint funny).
    Last edited by Mindfreak87; 05-06-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Default Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 & Deadpool Spinoff

Anyone but me think X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't that great?
    Not that great? Steaming pile of ... would be a more accurate description. But then again, this seems to apply to at least 80 percent of Fox's recent releases ("The Day the Earth Stood Still", "27 Dresses", "Far Cry", "AvP 2" to name but a few...), so maybe the studio is just catering to an audience I don't belong to any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Winkeladvokat View Post
    Not that great? Steaming pile of ... would be a more accurate description. But then again, this seems to apply to at least 80 percent of Fox's recent releases ("The Day the Earth Stood Still", "27 Dresses", "Far Cry", "AvP 2" to name but a few...), so maybe the studio is just catering to an audience I don't belong to any longer...
    My copy of AVP 2 screwed up near a part where the people either get in the APC or go somewhere else (they were going for a helicopter?). I never saw the rest of it as I took it back and the store didn't have another copy. I doubt the rest of the movie was anything worth seeing, though. Yuck.

And TDTESS I didn't know if I wanted to see it...I think I ended up watching part of the original on AMC anyway (and I think I'd just rather watch that instead).

There's a Far Cry movie? Oh man I don't know if I want to even know how bad that one is!

if that's deadpool, I'm Mary ****ing Poppins.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    if that's deadpool, I'm Mary ****ing Poppins.
    It was more like Deadpool in the beginning of the film...
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Plus don't forget about the Magneto film.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...ks-over-d.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak87 View Post
    Ok so 20th Century Fox have confirmed they are doing X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 and now said they will be doing an exploration of Deadpool character spinoff called "Deadpool".

Anyone but me think X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't that great? The trilogy was far better in my opinion.

I mean the only reason the film worked was because of Hugh Jackman playing his character as Wolverine, which most people love, but the story was weak. Seriously now who would want to see Ryan Reynolds for a full feature film, outside the comedy genre (in which I don't watch him in anyway, because he aint funny).
    So a Deadpool film has been given the green light, awesome really can't wait.
    Jesus respawned in 3 days.....

Now that's lag.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak87 View Post

uh ryan reynolds is great. you may not be a fan but the guy has the deadpan comedy angle on lock. he's like a good looking vince vaughn

I liked Wolverine. True, not best movie but I liked it. Gonna go watch next one too probably!

Refuse to watch any more after the disaster that was known as The Last Stand.

Wolverine was pretty good imo.

Over-the-top violence+Awesome final scene=EPIC WIN

Zombies.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine summarised in 30 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSyvIbTAJA

Default Re: X-Men First Class & Deadpool

From AICN:
    How? But? What?? Betty Draper To Play Emma Frost In Next X-MEN??

From IGN:
    X-Men Go Mad
    It's all change on the X-Men: First Class casting front, with January Jones apparently now playing Emma Frost in the franchise reboot.

From Hero Complex:
    Robert Rodriguez on 'Deadpool': 'It's a great script'

From 24 Frames:
    'Deadpool' shows signs of life
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Zeitchik
    Reports last month that Rodriguez had been offered the director's chair on "Deadpool" met with a swirl of speculation and/or denials from the filmmaker's camp as well as studio Fox. (The most anyone would agree to is that Rodriguez had been sent Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick's script.)

But we're hearing that after a few weeks of dancing, Rodriguez and studio Fox are negotiating. There's no deal yet, and the sides need to agree on a number of key points, but it's moved beyond the casual discussion stage and into the more substantive realm of deal points.

Rodriguez is making "Spy Kids 4," which itself comes after he finished the exploitation action picture "Machete," but would be looking for a big movie and one that can be marketed into a hit. As for the picture itself, the mouthy Marvel mercenary would entail violence and comedy in equal measure, and Rodriguez has been adept at combining the two. We'd pull for a Danny Trejo cameo, though.

Why the hell would they name it X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2?? Sounds so stupid....unless it's just a temporary title.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I think that people will quickly get bored if we get 1000's of X-Men movies in a short period of time.

Can you imagine something like Transformers - Optimus Prime, Transformers - Megatron, Transformers - The Possessed Mountain Dew Vending Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    I think that people will quickly get bored if we get 1000's of X-Men movies in a short period of time.

Can you imagine something like Transformers - Optimus Prime, Transformers - Megatron, Transformers - The Possessed Mountain Dew Vending Machine...
    BHAHAHA:lmao
    Agree with you, taz.
    Don't expect everyone to always agree with you

FOX needs to give up the rights to all the characters they used in the Marvel Universe...They have no clue how to make a good comic book film anymore... X2 was the exception....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Most agree but the Fantastic Four reboot sounds great as it could get them right you know!

Only reason I'm interested in X-Men First Class is that Glenn Morshower is gonna be in it, lol. No interest in Wolverine 2. Never saw the first one (maybe one day my friend will actually find his copy, but until then, eh). Not really a big X-Men fan, though (as a kid, was always into Transformers).

I've been into X-Men since the late 80's when i was 7 years old reading my big brothers comics and i became a fan of them as i grew up with Hulk, SPider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Punisher and others.

I was never a big comic book person or big into Super heroes. Dunno why (I have watched a crap ton of Smallville, though and saw the first X-Men on premiere night...got a comic book for that).

From Deadline:
    As 'Wolverine 2' Closes, Is Hot Helmer Job 'Pride, Prejudice, Zombies' With Scarlett Johansson And Bradley Cooper?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE FLEMING
    EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky's deal to direct 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 is close enough that discussion has turned to shooting the sound stage portions of the film in New York so the filmmaker and Hugh Jackman don't have to inconvenience their families. A March start date is being eyed so that Aronofsky has time to open Black Swan and be available for the inevitable awards season obligations. When the New York scenes are completed, they'll head to Japan to shoot the bulk of the Christopher McQuarrie-scripted movie. Deadline told you last week that Aronofsky had set his sights on Wolverine after passing on the Warner Bros period crime drama Gangster Squad.