Thread: Star Wars Trilogies coming to Blu-Ray

Default Star Wars Trilogies coming to Blu-Ray

This fall both Prequel and original trilogy are coming in high-def, details will soon follow and coming this fall.

Default Re: Star Wars Trilogies coming to Blu-Ray

Yet i hope the rumor is true of Fox/Disney joining together for a set of the original unfucked with and unedited theatrical cuts out of the Lucasfilm vaults and do some 3k or 4k restorations to each of the classic films.

For the last years since the actual SE hit theaters Lucas has been known to butcher, torture and mutilate the original films to no end and refusing to give us the original cuts, that is pure hypocrisy. Remember that 1988 speech Lucas made to congress when he and his friends went against the colorization of black and white movies from Ted Turner? especially saying the dangers of how altered films can lead to original negatives to be lost and replaced by new negatives.

I refused to buy the BD boxset when i heard Lucas has screwed with the original movies again and saw clips of Obi-Wan making a dragon call to save Luke and Darth Vader in Jedi saying "No....NOOOOOO" when he was gonna throw Palpatine in the shaft, unacceptable just like having Han not shoot first and Hayden in the end of Jedi unacceptable and even the musical number in Jedi SE was dumb. I refused to buy it until the original versions are included as i am a supporter of film preservation as did many hardcore SW fan who also supports film preservation and that it's important for an artist or person to include many versions on the same blu-ray set like say Blade Runner, Close Encounters etc. and that is what Lucas didn't do. But let's all be glad in 2012 some of us rejoiced when we heard he was retiring from Lucasfilm and sold his company to Disney, i did as i was like "Whoo hoo, finally he has retired and someday we can have the original unmolested and unedited theatrical cuts of the classic trilogy on blu-ray".