Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold back for Terminator 5?

Default Arnold back for Terminator 5?

Great news, although he needs to work out more.
    And I'm not sure about the director, but let's see Fast 5 first.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/arno...lin-to-direct/

Default Re: Arnold back for Terminator?

At this stage of his life, I think the only way Arnold could play The Terminator would be if CGI was used, like what was done with Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. Not that it wouldn't be impossible to put on the Muscle Mass but it may be more Difficult as his age.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Yep, just heard about this and I have to say Im pretty chuffed overall

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    At this stage of his life, I think the only way Arnold could play The Terminator would be if CGI was used, like what was done with Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. Not that it wouldn't be impossible to put on the Muscle Mass but it may be more Difficult as his age.
    I think he can still pull it off. Either way they shouldn't go the CGI route, as the CGI Arnold in Salvation looked terrible. As advanced as the tech is, they still can't get faces to look real enough.

I hated Salvation but I have to admit when the CGI Arnie came out, a little boy inside me wanted to scream goodness. I don't think it looked THAT bad.

They dont need Arnold. The future war is based around a war, not a specific Terminator. Since skynet is a super computer, Im sure its smart enough to make terminators with flesh to look all look different. But I'd rather see an army of gritty t-800 Endoskeletons(without the flesh) fighting the human resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    They dont need Arnold. The future war is based around a war, not a specific Terminator. Since skynet is a super computer, Im sure its smart enough to make terminators with flesh to look all look different. But I'd rather see an army of gritty t-800 Endoskeletons(without the flesh) fighting the human resistance.
    Partly agree, they just need Arnie to save the day :P

Quote Originally Posted by Duracell Bunny View Post
    Partly agree, they just need Arnie to save the day :P
    It would be more logical for Arnie to be a vilian, Or unless he plays a human character which Skynet decides to replicate his appearance for most of the T-800's.

This week gets better and better.

Annapurna Pictures picked up the rights to The Terminator franchise last year, and while it looked as if Justin Lin (Fast and Furious) would helm a fifth instalment in the franchise, those plans fell through soon after. As you can see from the Tweet below, the studio has now rather cryptically teased that "News Is Coming" about the film. Could this be some sort of announcement in regards to a release date? Of course, the film still needs a writer, director and cast at this point, although it's widely assumed that Arnold Schwarzenegger WILL return, if only for a cameo. Annapurna are best known for releasing such critically acclaimed films as Killing Them Softly, The Master, Lawless and upcoming release Zero Dark Thirty.
    From Twitter:
    "The whole thing goes: The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves." -John Connor, Terminator 2 (news is coming)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69502

This one I am looking forward to see! The last movie is definitely not as bad as many people say it is! If they are smart, they'll bring back Christian Bale as John Connor for the next movie as well.

I would like to see Arnold play as a resistance fighter who served as the figure that the T-800 Model 101 is based off. Would be pretty interesting if John Connor ran into him. "So you're the guy Skynet got its inspiration from."

Imagine, Arnold, a human...fighting terminators. Arnold fighting Arnolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I would like to see Arnold play as a resistance fighter who served as the figure that the T-800 Model 101 is based off. Would be pretty interesting if John Connor ran into him. "So you're the guy Skynet got its inspiration from."

Imagine, Arnold, a human...fighting terminators. Arnold fighting Arnolds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw

Quote Originally Posted by Regressor View Post
    Haha, I remember seeing that. Needless to say, good thing it never made it into the final cut.

And now he confirms it himself!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...-terminator-5/

While I think he won't have problems with that part, I wonder how he could manage to pull up his Conan come back.

I've seen the movies not the series (maybe i should have..?) anyways interesting how they are gonna pull this off if this is for real.

Aren't there any civi undercover terminators?? If not can there be some? Might be good and handy.. And might be fun to make playful scenes with this. There could be all sorts of terminators but they should give the Arny Terminator a upgrade and update Arny was great next to the other action heroes btw in The Expendables
    I thought T3 was OK but not great the female Terminator didn't bother me that much but everything looked to clean and to Hollywood-ish or something like people would say.
    Salvation was great to watch, yes the CGI wasn't perfect but it wasn't bad either i just imagined it just came out of the rubber-covering chamber or something lol that it was so shiny and polished lol.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Sorry "Arnie" i'm used to using the English "Y" a lot :P
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: Arnold back for Terminator 5?

Sounds nice and anyone glad it's going back to the R-rated formula as nature and James Cameron intended? the last movie was good in it's R-rated cut but poor in it's PG-13 cut as Terminator is not kids stuff you know as it's been an established R-rated adult franchise despite T2 was marketed to kids in 1991, this happened with Die Hard, Robocop (Robocop 3), AVP etc. but luckily the Alien and Predator franchises went back to R with Prometheus and Predators which they were hits and still excellent as they went back to their roots and Die Hard 5 is going back to the R-rated formula which i'm glad to hear about that.

Now Mad Max 3 was an exceptional sequel and it was rated PG-13 as it was done by the same director of the first 2 and was a solid finale in the franchise.

Arnold has aged an ungodly amount since T3. He looks like a different person. I'm still wondering how they're gonna make Conan work. think the Terminator well has just about run dry.

Paramount Pictures is in negotiations to acquire distribution rights to the next "Terminator" movie that is being produced by Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures and David Ellison's Skydance Productions.

There hasn't been any public movement on the "Terminator" franchise since January, when Paramount-based Skydance and Annapurna hired Laeta Kalogridis ("Avatar") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry") to write the next installment in the sci-fi series, though no details regarding its creative direction were reported.

"Fast and Furious" filmmaker Justin Lin was originally attached to direct "Terminator 5" but Ellison intended to start production in December 2012, forcing him to depart the project in September 2011 in order to finish "Fast and Furious 6." However, he did leave the door open for a possible return in the event that production was delayed.

Schwarzenegger was also expected to return for the end of the battle between Skynet's cyborgs and Earth's surviving humans.

Production on "Terminator 5" could start as soon as next year, though the Ellison siblings will have to find a director first, though that shouldn't be too hard.
    Cool. Since Transformers Paramount takes a special place in every Michael Bay fan.

P.S. Hey how about Paramount convince Michael for Terminator 5. This way he'll also work with Arnold who still regrets rejecting the leading role in The Rock and wants to be in a MB movie.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...xclusive-96781

Arnold is confirmed for T5. If he's gonna play the Terminator again, then they have to use some serious Photoshop in post-production to make his face look 20 years younger. Just cause there is no logical explanation why the robots would make the skin on the Terminators look older than before.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105448

What comes to Bay directing it. I don't think Bay would touch the movie with a 10 foot pole. It's not his thing to make a number 5 of a movie franchise when he has nothing to do with the previous four movies. Bay wants to do his own stuff.
    If Paramount is gonna make the movie, then they should ask Simon West to do it. He's made Con Air and Expendables 2, so he's got the action thing well covered. If Paramount wants a more experienced director who's done Sci-Fi action before, then they should try to get Ridley Scott on board to this project, but he might pass the job, just cause I don't think he's interested to a number 5 movie either of an franchise where he hasn't been involved before at all...
    Guess we'll get to find out who gets the directing job in the next six months or so...

Default Terminator

A new Terminator movie will hit theaters on June 26, 2015, Paramount announced Thursday.

A new Terminator movie will hit theaters on June 26, 2015, Paramount announced Thursday.

Paramount, David Ellison's Skydance Pictures and Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures are partnering on the reboot of the franchise.

More to come
    Next Terminator Film A Reboot, Planned As First In New Trilogy

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year.

As Gabriel posted before, the Terminator is getting a reboot. Paramount is planning a whole new trilogy. So I guess that this means that T5 will be scrapped and Arnie is out. I just can't see Arnie being involved in a whole new Terminator trilogy. Let's face in. He ain't 40 something anymore.
    Will Paramount be able to top T2 with their planned trilogy? I highly doubt it. And who's to say they'll ever make a trilogy. Wasn't Salvation supposed to be the first of three planned Terminator movies and look what happened to those plans. If the rebooted Terminator flops at the box office, then I doubt that Paramount will give a green light for the second and third movie...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105916

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    As Gabriel posted before, the Terminator is getting a reboot. Paramount is planning a whole new trilogy. So I guess that this means that T5 will be scrapped and Arnie is out. I just can't see Arnie being involved in a whole new Terminator trilogy. Let's face in. He ain't 40 something anymore.
    Will Paramount be able to top T2 with their planned trilogy? I highly doubt it. And who's to say they'll ever make a trilogy. Wasn't Salvation supposed to be the first of three planned Terminator movies and look what happened to those plans. If the rebooted Terminator flops at the box office, then I doubt that Paramount will give a green light for the second and third movie...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105916
    even though i love the mythology and find the back story very rich, sometime i wish people would leave things alone. terminator was a jewel of a movie after T2, and now its just a mess with T3, T4, the sarah connor chronicles etc. I'd rather fondly remeber a good "old" classic than watch the mess these money grubbing attempts at film-making make.

Schwarzenegger Reveals The Secret Of His 'Terminator: Genesis' Character
    Arnold reveals his robot will age; and there's more than one of him.