Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Is Michael Bay’s TF3 In Post-Production Troubles?

Default UPDATED: Is Michael Bay’s TF3 In Post-Production Troubles?

Default Re: Transformers: The Dark of 3D – Is Michael Bay’s Latest In Post-Production Trouble

This article smells fishy.

Default Re: Transformers: The Dark of 3D – Is Michael Bay’s Latest In Post-Production Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    This article smells fishy.
    But IESB claim they have "inside sources". Why would you ever doubt them?

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Regressor View Post
    But IESB claim they have "inside sources". Why would you ever doubt them?

Do you remember this - http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...647#post147647

It's pretty much the same thing all over again.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

They've already made a 2 min 25 sec trailer in 3D, and yet the 3D footage is shit?

Hmmm

Doesn't seem right, I'm not believing anymore discussions from other sources unless it has been confirmed or came directly out of Bay's mouth...or Nelson....or any other moderator on this forum
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Doesn't seem right, I'm not believing anymore discussions from other sources unless it has been confirmed or came directly out of Bay's mouth...or Nelson....or any other moderator on this forum

I couldn't agree more. However, if it's true that the 3d post production is in trouble then it surely will have huge impact for the movie's release. Let's hope Nelson or Michael himself will give us a quick explanation.

Reports like this are always hitting about any movie Bay is working on. Anyone remember the first movie when these awesome insiders said there were tensions between Bay and Spielberg? The thing is I'm sure at this early stage there might just be a few problems, however just like ROTF they'll work hard at it, and get it looking awesome by July 1st I'm sure!

Also I find it hard to believe they've sent a 3D trailer off for certification if it looks like shit. Especially considering how much Michael is a perfectinist when it comes to visuals.

Banned

lets just wait and see what happens guys. Im sure with something like this, Bay himself will be heard and will either say yes, he is or has had some problems and either is working on them or has them worked out... or he will say no, the info is not true and everything is going as planed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    lets just wait and see what happens guys. Im sure with something like this, Bay himself will be heard and will either say yes, he is or has had some problems and either is working on them or has them worked out... or he will say no, the info is not true and everything is going as planed.
    what shadow said

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If there are real problems with the filmed 3D I seriously doubt he will be allowed to talk much and tell the public what is really going on. Paramount managers would already be in both spin and damage control. In a case like this with what is claimed to be like 1/4th approx or maybe more of movie runtime that would be unusable at least for 3D, which would mean millions of dollars already spent on CGI for those scenes that the studio couldn't release in 3D at the expected highest quality, well.. the situation would be highly critical between the studio and producers, no one including Bay would be allowed to discuss anything about it in public and to deny any issue would be considered the best strategy anyway.

It could be right it could be wrong. I don't care. One thing is for sure the 2D version of the movie will be great and that's what matters to me. I never liked all the hype about 3D. The only movie that looks OK in 3D is Avatar and still you're loosing some colors with it. I'll watch the 3D version only once in theaters then maybe 2 times the 2D one. After that of course the blu ray release which will be also 2D. So I really don't care if half an hour of the movie in 3D will be garbage.

Let's not forget that Michael Bay said that before filming started they made a test if his filming style will look good in 3D and they were very satisfied with the result. Then they decided to go 3D. So I really I don't believe that suddenly the footage looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    It could be right it could be wrong. I don't care. One thing is for sure the 2D version of the movie will be great and that's what matters to me. I never liked all the hype about 3D. The only movie that looks OK in 3D is Avatar and still you're loosing some colors with it. I'll watch the 3D version only once in theaters then maybe 2 times the 2D one. After that of course the blu ray release which will be also 2D. So I really don't care if half an hour of the movie in 3D will be garbage.

Let's not forget that Michael Bay said that before filming started they made a test if his filming style will look good in 3D and they were very satisfied with the result. Then they decided to go 3D. So I really I don't believe that suddenly the footage looks like shit.
    Avatar 3D it's absolutely useless. And Avatar CGI is so low quality that in 3D all its issues get multiplied.
    Resident Evil 4: Afterlife had very good native 3D filmed with the same camera technology used on Avatar. They did a way better work there and the results were excellent. Although anyway current 3D stereoscopic technology is really outdated and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    And Avatar CGI is so low quality that in 3D all its issues get multiplied.
    This is one of the most absurd things that I've ever heard. I don't know what is your knowledge of CGI but Avatar is one of the most complex CGI movie ever. And although everything in the movie is CGI (with little exceptions) it feels very realistic, especially the environment. Not to mention facial expressions, skin and hair texture and so on.
    But let's not discuss this here. The topic is different. I won't say anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    This is one of the most absurd things that I've ever heard. I don't know what is your knowledge of CGI but Avatar is one of the most complex CGI movie ever. And although everything in the movie is CGI (with little exceptions) it feels very realistic, especially the environment. Not to mention facial expressions, skin and hair texture and so on.
    But let's not discuss this here. The topic is different. I won't say anything more.
    Yeah, Avatar is a true milestone. So is TF1.

However, i thought the 3D scenes were shot in 3D with 3D Cameras?

Who wants 3d anyways, Gonna watch DOTM in 2d !
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

BS.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    BS.
    Thank you.

BS.
    Good to know. Cheers, nelson.

Nelson to the rescue!!!!

BS.
    Ha ha ha, you're the MAN!!! As we say here: briefly, clearly and accurately.

10x.

Wow, I read these morons on the internet who think they are in the know. "We have have problems with our 3D????" Really? Come into my edit room and I will show you beautiful 3D. There has never been a live action show that has pushed the boundaries of 3D like Transformers 3. We shot the entire movie with 3D cameras. I actually loved shooting in 3D. I will give full details of my process and why I liked 3D in the next week right before the Transformers announcement piece comes out on Tron and Narnia.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Wow, I read these morons on the internet who think they are in the know. "We have have problems with our 3D'???? Really? Come into my edit room and I will show you beautiful 3D. There has never been a live action show that has pushed the boundaries of 3D like Transformers 3. We shot the entire movie with 3D cameras. I actually loved shooting in 3D. I will give full details of my process and why I liked 3D in the next week right before the Transformers announcement piece comes out on Tron and Narnia.

Michael
    This just made my day.

And don't watch this movie in 2D, we made it for 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    And don't watch this movie in 2D, we made it for 3D.
    Here here!