Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 3 will not only have more action but MORE COMEDY *sigh*

Banned

Default Transformers 3 will not only have more action but MORE COMEDY *sigh*

Default Re: Transformers 3 will not only have more action but MORE COMEDY *sigh*

Wow that doesn't sound encouraging, I guess it depends on what their idea of comedy means this time, but hey its based off of toys so your never going to get anything that's totally serious, as long as it's being sold to the masses your going to get some comedy.

Default Re: Transformers 3 will not only have more action but MORE COMEDY *sigh*

More comedy?? I actually thought that the 3rd movie was supposed to be more dark and more emotional wasn't that what MB actually said? I don't mind humour but it sort of confuses you after what bay said before hand, there seems to be too many mixed assumptions for this movie so far.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

WAIT A FUCK NUGGET????? MORE COMEDY?!?!?!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!!?!??!?!?!? I THOUGHT THAT ROTF WAS RUINED BY ALL THE REALLY BAD OVER THE TOP JOKES THAT TOTALLY STOLE THE SHOW!!=?!?!!?=)?!)!="$/!)"=$)=!"=?!!?!!?!!!!!!!!!

Fuck. I hope this is not true, or atleast, its not what we think. More comedy.... yeah fuck me, guys, TF will no longer be an action movie, noooo it will be a comedy movie first now. Great, fuck. FUCK. Did i mentioned how much i hate this??? I hope its not true. I dont think its true. MB himself sayed that it will be darker. The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". DARK. DARK. DARK. That means it will have less comedy, or? That means it will be more serious, or? I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay.

FUUU********************************************** UUUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    WAIT A FUCK NUGGET????? MORE COMEDY?!?!?!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!!?!??!?!?!? I THOUGHT THAT ROTF WAS RUINED BY ALL THE REALLY BAD OVER THE TOP JOKES THAT TOTALLY STOLE THE SHOW!!=?!?!!?=)?!)!="$/!)"=$)=!"=?!!?!!?!!!!!!!!!

Fuck. I hope this is not true, or atleast, its not what we think. More comedy.... yeah fuck me, guys, TF will no longer be an action movie, noooo it will be a comedy movie first now. Great, fuck. FUCK. Did i mentioned how much i hate this??? I hope its not true. I dont think its true. MB himself sayed that it will be darker. The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". The title is "DARK of the moon". DARK. DARK. DARK. That means it will have less comedy, or? That means it will be more serious, or? I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay. I trust in Michael Bay.

Eeeeeeasy now lol. But I agree..if it's gonna be the same lame humor as the Twins had in ROTF, I'm gonna bang myself in the head with the biggest hammer I can find. It was sooooo lame in ROTF. Hope this is not true too.
    Those, who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Take a goddamn chill pill.

We're letting this flow of conflicting information fuck with our minds. Shit spreads on the internet so fast and in many different directions, that you can have a situation where you start off with a delicious turkey sandwich and have it go through the digestive processes of the bowels of the internets and in the end, you end up with a steaming pile of bear shit on your front lawn, aka your computer screen. Don't be fooled by it!

All hope is NOT lost, people!

if the comedy happens again like in RotF:

1) in my first Theatre sitting Ill laugh because some of them are funny the first time;
    2) in my second sitting i wont mind them because ill be awed by the movie!
    3) at home Ill press the SKIP >> button.

Itll be sad, but it wont kill me and eventually it wont bother me at all, just like the comedy in RotF doesnt bother me now.

As others said - TF07 humor was ok.

TF: ROTF = only 1/2 funny, and glad my then 7 y/o didn't get any of the jokes other than the Robo-Balls. WHoever's face in the other's lap = funny just cuz someone landed on another, not for the location of the faceplant. If ROTF were to come out now, much less in another year, my son would NOT be seeing it.

TF: DOTM = better have less genital/potty humor & less F* bombs - otherwise my son will be disappointed & won't be seeing it until it comes out on video. Likewise, since he won't have seen the movie, he won't want as many of the toys, thus Hasbro & Bay lose out on additional monies.

Most parents of <12 y/o I've spoken to were also surprised at the language & humor. Even allowing for PG-13, that - I thought - had been present due to the *violence* & that there was quite a few damns & shits... a la TF07. ROTF was quite a shock, to parents & adults.

SO I hope less. And what LdB considers "more", I wouldn't put a lot of stock in. Time will tell. If they up the amount of comedy, it will cheapen the movie even more. And as I said above, if it's too much &/or more penile/gutter humor, a good chunk of the audience will stay home & wait for the DVD where they can edit it, or warn "you don't repeat the bad words you're gonna hear".

I loved the humor from the first Transformers and hated it from ROTF. So the possibility for bad humor on TF3 is 50%.
    If you summarise the humor from ROTF you'll get something like a total of 10 minutes for the whole move. So I don't give a "fuck". I will survive the 10 minutes dorky humor from TF3 (if any) but I'll see great action sequences and perfect CGI mixed with the best sound ever (ROTF was the gratest move according to sound effects and mixing).
    So bring it on. I don't care. I'll love it. Go for it Michael.

Dont go for it, Michael. 10 minutes of stupid Humor may not be so much, but its more than enough to ruin a movie. ROTF is not a good movie. Because of 10 minutes of stupid shit, maybe even more.

It didn't ruined it for me so talk for yourself. And by the way I love the humor in Bad Boys, Armageddon and The Rock. I don't understand why is everybody so paniced. Maybe this time the humor will be better than ROTF. Think postive.

Because, no matter what humor it is, if DOTM has much more humor in it, then it will not be a action movie. It will be a comedy movie with action in it, not a action movie with action in it. And if thats the case, there is NO way that the movie could even get CLOSE to be a good movie. We dont want much humor in TF. We liked the humor in TF1, but we were told that DOTM would have less, that it would be a dark movie.

And now it suddenly has more???!!!!

Because, no matter what humor it is, if DOTM has much more humor in it, then it will not be a action movie. It will be a comedy movie with action in it, not a action movie with action in it. And if thats the case, there is NO way that the movie could even get CLOSE to be a good movie. We dont want much humor in TF. We liked the humor in TF1, but we were told that DOTM would have less, that it would be a dark movie.

And now it suddenly has more???!!!!
    I think that what Bonaventura said was just a marketing trick without much thinking. They're (Shia also) always talking that their film will be the best with lots of everything, but this time I think Lorenzo unintentionally struck a topic that the fans are super sensitive. He wanted to impress them but instead he made the hornet's nest uneasy.
    So let's not have prejudices, let's have fun with the remaining months and we'll see what will happen.

Hope the comedy is friendly instead of gross this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I think that what Bonaventura said was just a marketing trick without much thinking. They're (Shia also) always talking that their film will be the best with lots of everything, but this time I think Lorenzo unintentionally struck a topic that the fans are super sensitive. He wanted to impress them but instead he made the hornet's nest uneasy.
    So let's not have prejudices, let's have fun with the remaining months and we'll see what will happen.
    I hope you are right, that this was just some marketing overstatement.

forget the dark of the moon should be ROTF the sequal
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Banned

All Im going to say is I love how fast people get bent out of shape over stuff like this. I love that someone like myself can post a random link from a site like I did, and so many people are ready to give up on the movie already. Well...I have completed my assigned task Mr. Bay:lmao

o my god this cant happen. humor is what ruined ROTF, and wat pisses me off is that Bay is the one who said the 3rd will drop that crap, and realized it was a major turn off for the second film. but ya know what, y in the hell should i believe him anyhow. he clearly said that for ROFT it was going to be much darker and go deep in the transformers character development. . . . AND WHAT DID WE GET! a comedy film of stupid ass jokes made by the humans all the way thru, while the bots only got screen time to do some damn fighting. I SURE DIDNT SEE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ANYWHERE FOR OUR ROBOTIC FRIENDS! damnit bay, you better be doing this film right. you did a great job with the first Transformers, the comedy was perfect, and i dont know what happened with 2, was it the writers strike?, were they trying to cheer themselves up with jokes while they wrote?, idk, but dont screw this up or this series will be a huge dissapointing waste.

I think someone here need to re-see most Bay movies:

-Bad Boys: Lots of comedy elements
    -The Rock: Some comedy elements
    -Armageddom: Lots of comedy elements
    -Pearl Harbor: Moderate amount of comedy elements (most placed in the first hour)
    -Bad Boys 2: Lots of comedy elements
    -The Island: Moderate amount of comedy elements
    -Transformers: Lots of comedy elements
    -Transformers ROTF: Lots of comedy elements

So... you where expecting Transformers 3 without comedy elements? It's like expecting the movie to not have robots!

This "news" still hasn't swayed me in any shape or form. You know, get a theater packed with a bunch of average Joe's and I guarantee they will laugh at all of the jokes. We've heard of people roaring with laughter over the jokes in ROTF, no matter how stupid or raunchy it was. And no, these people are not stupid. I'm guilty of it myself.

Oh, and ROTF still made more money than TF1 AND not to mention the fact it was one of the best selling DVD's and THE best selling Blu-Ray's of the year, which is basically a good indicator that people really liked it enough to buy the DVD/Blu-ray's and not pirate it off the internet! No, not saying the humor had anything to do with it. I'm saying the people don't seem to give a sh*t about the humor and are into the movie for what it is...

...GIANT...F*CKING...ROBOTS!

So yeah, 10 minutes of off-color humor? If that's enough to ruin a whole movie for someone, then I'm sorry, the joke is on them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    This "news" still hasn't swayed me in any shape or form. You know, get a theater packed with a bunch of average Joe's and I guarantee they will laugh at all of the jokes. We've heard of people roaring with laughter over the jokes in ROTF, no matter how stupid or raunchy it was. And no, these people are not stupid. I'm guilty of it myself.

Oh, and ROTF still made more money than TF1 AND not to mention the fact it was one of the best selling DVD's and THE best selling Blu-Ray's of the year, which is basically a good indicator that people really liked it enough to buy the DVD/Blu-ray's and not pirate it off the internet! No, not saying the humor had anything to do with it. I'm saying the people don't seem to give a sh*t about the humor and are into the movie for what it is...

So yeah, 10 minutes of off-color humor? If that's enough to ruin a whole movie for someone, then I'm sorry, the joke is on them.
    I couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post

Exactly!!! Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    All Im going to say is I love how fast people get bent out of shape over stuff like this. I love that someone like myself can post a random link from a site like I did, and so many people are ready to give up on the movie already. Well...I have completed my assigned task Mr. Bay:lmao
    Thats only because we care alot about the movie, and when i hear something like that, im proud that i get easily out of shape. The transformers movies, exspecially TF1, are some of THE most important things to me, i want a good ending to the trilogy. I dont care if the movie will have fucking giant robots or if it was fucking good at the box office or if the fucking critics say its bad. I dont even care if the jokes are funny. I want this to be a GREAT movie, not just like "yeah, its cool, has cool action, lolz". No, i want it to be GREAT, I DONT WANT TO SKIP HALF OF THE MOVIE LIKE IN ROTF.
    I dont want this to be a movie thats "good enough to buy" or "it cant be that bad because the audience laughed kind of movie". I want this to be GREAT. A milestone in its own right, like TF1 was. 10 minutes of shitty comedy and another 50 minutes of shitty story like in ROTF is completely out of question. It shouldnt be that way. It CANT that way.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

First - you seriously need to calm down. You can share your thoughts without using "fuck" and "shit" in every post you make here.

Second - I don't know how many Bay films ( outside of "Transformers" ) you guys have seen, but the humor ( sometimes crude ), the comedy, the laughs, you name it...it's all been a part of his films from Day 1. That's the way it is and all Michael Bay fans know it.

And I'm sorry, but if you let few scenes with "stupid" humor destroy your entire moviegoing experience ( and we're talking about a two-hour movie here ), you should just avoid going to movies. Michael can't just make a different movie for every single one of you - he makes one movie for all people, all over the world. Some of you might say that his humor is unnecessary in a movie like "Transformers" and should be left out, but I bet my right hand that many, many people appreciate his humor the way it is, and have nothing against it.

Bottom line - there are already two Transformers films and the comedy is, whether some like it or not, part of this franchise.

And knowing that, you can't really expect the third movie to be completely different now can you...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."