Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Flash and Green Lantern 2

Default The Flash and Green Lantern 2

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:
    Both 'The Flash' And 'Green Lantern 2' Scripts Coming In To Warner Bros By Xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Finke
    I've just learned that the latest script for the Dc Comics character The Flash will be handed into Warner Bros between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green are writing the draft, and Greg Berlanti did the story with them. No word on who'll direct The Flash yet, but I can tell you it's doubtful it'll be Berlanti, even though his very different Life As We Know It came in #2 at the box office for the studio this weekend. And his freshman TV superpowers series No Ordinary Family is now ABC's most promising new drama, doing respectable business as a self-starter in one of the most competitive time slots. "He won't want to direct it because he kinda wants to do something in between size-wise first before attempting something that large," an insider tells me. On the other hand, "If Warner Bros does like the script and wants him to direct it... But that's a lot of ifs. And all of it is moot if they don't dig the script. Green Lantern wasn't real until the studio liked the draft." Speaking of Green Lantern, all 3 scribes worked on that superhero pic which director Martin Campbell is right now editing. And I hear the film shaping up is "jaw-dropping".) My source says, "They're working round the clock on that now. Also, the three of them are working on the treatment for the sequel to the Green Lantern at the same time. All of which will be in by Christmas."

Default Re: The Flash and Green Lantern 2

A sequel already being written while the movie is in production? wow.

Your awesome at giving info even for those DC TV shows.

Wrath of the Titans” screenwriter offers updates on “The Flash,” “Jonny Quest,” and “Bleach” movies
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Marshall
    In “Wrath of the Titans,” screenwriter Dan Mazeau authored a tale of characters who overcome great odds in battles against all manner of mythological creatures. And while some might find the universe of Greek legends a little overwhelming, Mazeau appears to be right at home crafting tales of fantastic heroes and villains.

During the recent press junket for “Wrath of the Titans,” IFC asked Mazeau for an update on some of the other projects he’s working on these days, including films based on DC Comics’ scarlet speedster The Flash, classic kid adventurer Jonny Quest, and the popular manga and anime series “Bleach.”

“Warner Brothers is in the process of figuring out what their method is for releasing their superhero movies,” said Mazeau when asked about his script for a live-action movie based on The Flash. “They had ‘Green Lantern’ come out, and I think ‘Flash’ is high on the list of what would be next.”

“It’s a matter of a lot of things coming together — the right story and the right filmmaker and the right sort of visual approach to Flash, because he can’t just be a guy who runs fast,” he said of the project, which would feature the Silver Age version of the character, Barry Allen. “That was important to me while I was writing my script. Fingers crossed, though — hopefully there will be some news soon.”

As for “Jonny Quest,” his screenplay based on the 1960s cartoon about a boy who accompanies his father on adventures around the world, Mazeau said the project has a few obstacles to overcome before it can find its way to the screen — specifically, finding the right actor to play the title character.

“It’s difficult for a movie to come together,” said Mazeau. “You have to get the right pieces. One of the challenges with ‘Jonny Quest’ is that you have a lead who’s a young kid. The movie stars that are young kids are few and far between, but Dan Lin and the guys over at his production company are working on it and hopefully there will be something soon.”

“It’s a cool one, though,” he added. “I think it’s something that could make for a real amazing movie if done right. ‘Jonny Quest’ combines all this amazing wish fulfillment as a kid, but also there’s real danger to it. There’s real weight to it. People die in the ‘Jonny Quest’ cartoons. I think ‘Spy Kids’ was fun, but it’s lighter than what ‘Jonny Quest’ would be. Making sure it has a little edge to it was important to me, and I know it was to Dan and the other producers, too.”

While the two aforementioned projects are in a state of limbo at the moment, Mazeau seemed hopeful about the momentum behind “Bleach,” a film based on Tite Kubo’s celebrated manga and anime series about a teenager who inherits the powers of a “soul reaper” to fight demons and ferry spirits between this world and the afterlife.

“I love ‘Bleach!’ ‘Bleach’ is awesome,” laughed Mazeau. “It’s been a long process getting to write the script. Getting the rights from the Japanese company that owned them was a complicated process. But early on we set down with Tite Kubo the creator and the publisher of the series, and we had a long meeting, making sure we’re respectful to the property. Nobody wants to, well… Let’s just say that if you enjoyed [the live-action] ‘Dragonball Z’ movie, that’s great, but I thought it was a noble effort that ultimately didn’t succeed. That’s what we’re trying to avoid. We want to make sure this movie lives up to what the manga is.”

“I’m currently working on ‘Bleach’ and the idea is to set it in Japan and really be respectful to the source material,” he added. “It’s an amazing story. I’ve been shorthanding it as an ‘action-adventure Sixth Sense,’ but obviously on a bigger canvas than that. So I’m incredibly excited about that. It’s a good one.”

“Wrath of the Titans” hits theaters March 30, and stars Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Edgar Ramirez, and Toby Kebbell. Keep an eye on IFC.com for more from the “Wrath of the Titans” press junket.

Warner Bros. zeroes in on heroes - Studio preps 'Justice League,' eyes other DC faves for bigscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Graser & Dave McNary
    With the Batman trilogy winding down and Superman returning to theaters next summer, plans to put more of DC Comics' superheroes on the bigscreen are coming together nearly three years after Warner Bros. took back control of characters.

This week, the studio revealed it tapped "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to revive "Justice League," which WB unplugged in 2008, and hired Michael Goldenberg (one of the many writers of "Green Lantern") to pen "Wonder Woman."

Those projects now join in development films based on the Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad and Shazam. DC and WB are also facing a decision on how to reboot Batman once "The Dark Knight Rises" completes Christopher Nolan's take on the caped crusader, featuring Christian Bale in the cowl.

Studio is figuring out whether to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern in a sequel to last year's actioner or relaunch the character in a completely new way. Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") was brought on board in 2010 to write the screenplay for the sequel, a year before the first film bowed.

Of course, those are nice problems to have.

As Marvel Studios has proved, successful superhero pics can boost the bottomline of every division at a studio through homevideo releases, videogames, consumer products and licensed merchandise, TV and online shows and theme park attractions.

To better exploit DC's characters, Warner Bros. relaunched the comicbook company as DC Entertainment in 2009, and put "Harry Potter" franchise steward Diane Nelson at the helm. She reports directly to studio chief Jeff Robinov.

At the time, Robinov and Nelson halted development of all films tied to DC characters, taking them back from producers like Charles Roven, Joel Silver and Dan Lin and aimed to start from scratch.

DC's more focused approach to manage its heroes already has been felt across Warner Bros.

• • On TV, the company launched programming block DC Nation on Cartoon Network with new "Green Lantern" and "Young Justice" animated series. CW is bringing a live-action take on Green Arrow to primetime in the fall with "Arrow," which is notably darker than the net's previous DC staple, "Smallville."

• Direct-to-homevid titles have sold well, with "Superman vs. The Elite" and "Flashpoint" forthcoming.

• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has scored with its dark and gritty "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Batman: Arkham City" games, as well as its lighter, funnier "Lego: Batman" titles. WBIE used this week's Electronic Entertainment Expo videogame confab to unveil fighting game "Injustice: Gods Among Us," featuring DC's heroes and villains, and a "Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition" for the new Nintendo Wii U console, out this fall.

• Meanwhile, Warner Bros. Consumer Products shelled out considerable coin to expand its rights to the classic 1960s "Batman" TV series to launch new lines of merchandise featuring the show's characters, while brokering deals to unleash a slew of products around next summer's Superman actioner, "Man of Steel," which the studio hopes will launch a new franchise.

• And its comicbook division relaunched all of its 52 books last year, with new storylines and art, to boost sales and attract a new readership, especially through digital platforms.

With "Harry Potter" having ended its run, WB is clearly turning to DC to help launch new franchises.

But the studio is being especially careful with the characters now after the disappointing perf of "Green Lantern," which earned nearly $220 million at the worldwide box office last year.

According to sources close to the development process, the studio learned that when making a superhero pic, it needs to tap creatives that genuinely understand the characters the way Joss Whedon was comfortable with "The Avengers."

DC execs are excitedly discussing all of the projects in motion with the major exception of its films.

The main reason: Christopher Nolan. With the filmmaker having relaunched Batman (last installment, "The Dark Knight," hauled in $1 billion globally, now surpassed by "The Avengers") and producing Superman pic "Man of Steel," directed by Zack Snyder, WB has increasingly put more control of its DC films in Nolan's hands.

That's similar to how WB entrusted producer David Heyman with all eight "Harry Potter" films.

Nolan has long preferred not to talk about his projects until their release, preserving some of that "movie magic" for the bigscreen.

It's why only one image of Henry Cavill as Superman has been released so far, with the first official footage of "Man of Steel" likely to play at Comic-Con in San Diego next month.

Warner Bros. isn't expected to make any concrete moves on the DC film front until after the third Batpic opens on July 20. Putting so much power in Nolan's hands is an interesting move -- especially as the filmmaker does not have a first-look deal at the studio. Still, WB is showing signs of veering into adventurous creative territory.

In a departure from normal comicbook-based fare, "Suicide Squad," for example, concentrates on a group of incarcerated supervillains -- well known and unknown -- rather than the usual focus on superheroes.

Actually what DC is doing now is just try to see if they could copy Marvel's "Avengers" success. But it's too late for that.

Batman by Nolan is already on it's 3rd instalment. Superman is starting again. Green Lantern wasn't that good. Flash and Wonder Woman movies have yet to begin. A lot of factors here and there all not looking so good.

What they could do now is ditch the "Justice League" idea and just do "Superman and Batman" movie (the ultimate team-up!!).

Batman by Nolan will have it's last instalment showing in cinemas soon. If I were DC I would take this opportunity to maybe show a scene or two in the third Batman film about a "hint" on Superman, or maybe showing an end credits scene linking Nolan's Batman to Snyder's Superman. And then with the new Superman film coming out likewise showing scenes that would somehow link it to Nolan's Batman world (therefore setting up a Batman-Superman crossover in the future).
    After all Superman and Batman would do for DC. They're 2 of DC's most popular names.

‘Green Lantern’ Sequel Rumors are ‘Bullsh*t’
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Sticco
    If you were holding on to any hopes of a sequel to The Green Latern please allow me to crush them; rather, let Marc Guggenheim, who co-wrote the flick, shatter your dreams. I’m just the messenger.
    Guggenheim stated, in no uncertain terms, that any reports of work on GL2 are “bullshit”.

Does this mean Green Lantern won’t be a part of the upcoming Justice League film? Probably not. He’s a key member and has been rumored as part of the line up since George Miller was originally attached to direct years ago.
    My guess is, like Batman (albeit for much different reasons), we’ll get a bit of a character reboot for the Green Lantern in The Justice League.
    What do you think? Ryan Reynolds’ GL does have its fans. Would you like to see him reprise the role for the JLA movie, or should they recast?
    SOURCE: Yahoo!

Default Re: The Flash and Green Arrow

CW Eyes ‘Flash’ Series With ‘Arrow’s Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & David Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by NELLIE ANDREEVA |
    UPDATE, 9 AM: During the CW executive session, the network’s topper Mark Pedowitz gave more details about The Flash project. It will be the origin story of Barry Allen who will be introduced as a recurring character on Arrow this coming season starting in the fall. “We want to expand the DC universe of characters,” he said. As for how the project came together, Pedowitz said he late last year brought up the idea to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson who turns out had already been discussing it with WBTV’s Peter Roth and producer Greg Berlanti. Pedowitz also confirmed that “Amazon is on pause (as) the script is not exactly what we wanted, and with an iconic character like Wonder Woman, we have to get it right.”

EXCLUSIVE 7 AM: Another DC Comics male superhero is looking to join the CW’s lineup. I’ve learned that the network is fast tracking Flash, a drama project based on the DC character from the Arrow team of co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter. The CW is expected to discuss the project at today’s TCA presentation. I hear there is an idea is to introduce The Flash on Arrow next season before spinning it off into its own series. I hear Flash will be written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns who also has written for Arrow. Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, will direct the potential pilot, while Berlanti and Kreisberg are expected to run the potential series. Marc Guggenheim, who developed and executive produces Arrow with Berlanti and Kreisberg, is not involved in Flash as he busy with Arrow, now heading into its second season

Expanding DC’s footprint on the CW has been a priority for the network and DC sibling Warner Bros. TV, especially following the departure of the long-running Smallville and in light of the recent success of Arrow, one of few breakout hits last season. This past development season, the CW developed a Wonder Woman origins project, which didn’t go to pilot. The network in May commissioned a new script with a new writer which has been delivered, but I hear the network has hit the pause button on the project. Flash is certain to get a priority given its A-list auspices. Arrow is one of the CW’s top series, along with The Vampire Diaries and veteran Supernatural, all three of which are being used to spawn new series. The network used The Vampire Diaries last season to spin off The Originals, while Supernatural‘s upcoming ninth season also will feature a planted spinoff episode.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash is a name shared by several comic book superheroes from the DC universe. All incarnations possess “super-speed” or an ability to run and move extremely fast and use superhuman reflexes. The second Flash alter ego, Barry Allen, headlined the 1990 CBS live-action series The Flash starring John Wesley Shipp. Incarnations of The Flash character also have appeared in the Young Justice animated series. Berlanti and Johns are XWarner Bros. several years ago. In addition to Arrow, Berlanti has new CW series The Tomorrow People.

Default Re: The Flash and Green Arrow

Producers Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns Talk ARROW Season 2, Introducing Barry Allen and His Superpowers, & THE FLASH Spin-Off
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina Radish
    With the big announcement of the expansion of the Arrow universe to include Barry Allen, aka The Flash, in Season 2 of the popular series on The CW, executive producers/writers Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns participated in a conference call with press to discuss what viewers can expect.

During the interview, Kreisberg and Johns talked about why The Flash is the first character from the DC universe that will cross paths with Arrow, what makes his personal story compelling, that he’ll appear in three episodes – Episodes 8, 9 and Episode 20 (to be directed by David Nutter) – which will set things up for a possible spin-off, how the introduction of superpowers will affect the world of Arrow and its characters, what sort of conflict will arise between Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Barry Allen, where they’re taking inspiration from, and that they were waiting to start casting until they made the official announcement about the character. Check out what they had to say after the jump.

Question: With as vast as the DC universe is, why did you decide to bring in The Flash, and had you considered any other characters?

ANDREW KREISBERG:
    It really started with Greg Berlanti. The Flash was his favorite character, as a kid, growing up, and he’s obviously been a strong personal favorite of both Geoff [Johns] and mine. So, when Greg approached us, one day, and said, “Hey, what would you think, if we did The Flash as a spin-off?,” all of us lit up. Despite the fact that he’s got superpowers, I think there’s something relatable about Barry, of the big seven of The Justice League. He got his powers by accident. He isn’t a God. He isn’t an alien. He wasn’t seeking this out. It came to him. And his reactions to that feel very human and grounded. I know that’s a word we use a lot on Arrow, but that’s how it really feels. Oliver Queen is a very dark and tortured soul, and Barry is not. I think it will be fun to see these two characters together because they both have distinctly different world views while both caring very deeply about right and wrong.

GEOFF JOHNS: There’s also something really compelling about Barry Allen’s personal story. You see some of that in the comic books, but we’ll really be exploring his life as a forensic scientist and the people around him and the tragedies that he’s had to face, himself, and how he deals with them in a very, very different way than Oliver Queen.

How are you going to fit The Flash into the Arrow world?

KREISBERG: When we first meet Barry Allen, he’s just a forensic scientist working for the police department. He’s just an ordinary man, when we meet him. As we always do on Arrow, we try to keep things as grounded and realistic as possible. That’s how the audience will be introduced to Barry and get to know him, before his life gets a little bit faster.

Barry won’t be entering Arrow with powers, but will he be leaving with powers?

KREISBERG:
    I think part of the fun for the audience is to see how we do our “Arrow” take on The Flash legacy. I think some of it will feel very familiar to fans of the comics, and some of it will feel hopefully different, but fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we’re approaching Barry.

JOHNS: All that said, he does need powers to become The Flash.

KREISBERG: He will be The Flash.

Is this going to mean an introduction of powers in the Arrow universe, in a broader context, as well?

JOHNS:
    We looked at it as Barry Allen. When he first appeared back in the ‘50s, he ushered in the Silver Age of DC superheroes. In the same way, he’s going to usher in some new and pretty insane concepts to the Arrow world, but in a very grounded way.

KREISBERG:
    The important thing is that our characters, who people have really come to know and like, will react to the extraordinary changes to their world, hopefully in a very realistic way. These “powers” won’t be treated as commonplace, on the show. They will be extraordinary events and the world, and our characters in it, will react accordingly.

If The Flash doesn’t go the way you hope and it doesn’t get picked up as a series, would you keep him in the Arrow universe?

KREISBERG:
    Honestly, we’re really not looking that far ahead. For right now, we’re really just focusing on these episodes of Arrow that Barry Allen is partaking in. For this season, especially, this is in addition to Arrow. We’re not trying to take away anything from Arrow. We’re really trying to add to Arrow. So, for right now, that’s our singular focus.

JOHNS: We’re really focusing on making these episodes the very, very best they can be. The Flash deserves it.

Will Oliver have direct interaction with Barry, and will there be friction there, like in the comic books?

KREISBERG:
    Oh, yeah, absolutely! That’s part of the reason we’re excited about doing this. As excited as we are to write for Barry, we’re really excited about what Barry’s arrival is going to mean for Oliver, for Dig for Felicity and everybody. He’s a great character, who’s going to affect all of our characters’ lives.

JOHNS: Barry is a cop. He follows the law. He follows the rules. He’s the last thing in the world you would ever think about as being a vigilante.

KREISBERG:
    What’s really nice is that they’re both going to learn from each other. When Barry comes into Oliver’s life, he’s going to have a profound impact on it. We always talk about the villains. We don’t do these things as gimmicks. We figure out what it’s going to mean for our characters and what the most exciting story is that we can tell with our characters. For this season, especially as Oliver is embarking on a new mission of trying to be a hero, he comes into contact with somebody who, as much as Oliver thinks he’s now being a hero, Barry won’t always think that.

What is Barry actually going to look like?

KREISBERG:
    For right now, because you’re just meeting Barry Allen, CSI, we’re not really focusing on potential costumes, or that stuff. That’s further down the road. We’re going to do what we did when we started with Arrow, which is hopefully write a great script and look for an amazing actor to play the part.

How many episodes will Barry be in?

KREISBERG:
    He’ll appear in Episode 8 and 9, and 20.

JOHNS: Episode 20 will be directed by David Nutter.

David Nutter directed “The Red Wedding” episode for Game of Thrones. Should viewers expect big things from that Arrow episode, then?

JOHNS:
    First off, that was one of the greatest episode of television this year, and Game of Thrones is one of the greatest shows.

KREISBERG: And he definitively deserved an Emmy nomination.

JOHNS: David Nutter is a fantastic director.

KREISBERG:
    He did the pilot for Smallville, and he also did the pilot for Arrow, so it feels right that he’s doing that episode. As much as people talk about Greg [Berlanti], Marc [Guggenheim] and I for Arrow, David really made it what it was with his amazing direction and his unparalleled advice and leadership.

Who will be writing Episodes 8, 9 and 20?

KREISBERG:
    Episodes 8, 9 and 20 are going to be written by Greg Berlanti, myself and Geoff [Johns].

Have you given any thought as to how you will render super-speed, when it comes to be?

JOHNS:
    It will be very different. It will not be blurring around. It will be very different.

KREISBERG: I think we’re excited to show something new that people have never seen. We don’t want to do something that people expect or what they’ve already seen. We really want to do something fresh and new and exciting, and give people a real cinematic experience in TV, in the same way that they’ve gotten from Arrow.

JOHNS: There’s also some wonderful visuals in The Flash comic book, currently, that we’re looking at because they’re really inspiring. Also, there’s a DC animated film, called Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, and there’s some sequences in there. I’ve never seen super-speed like that before, especially towards the end. We’re getting inspired by every incarnation of The Flash, everywhere, and beyond that.

Have you started the casting process yet?

KREISBERG:
    No, we were actually waiting for the news to come out. We really want to open this up to everybody, and see some people who are “names” and unknown people. It would have been difficult to look for an actor and say, “Oh, yeah, you’re guest starring on Arrow, but we can’t tell you who it is.” This way, everybody knows now, and we can really start in earnest. David Rapaport, who cast the Arrow pilot, is going to be casting this, so we feel like we’re in good hands.

How physical is the role going to be?

JOHNS: Physically, it’s going to be different than Arrow. Barry Allen isn’t typically a very physical guy. That said, he’s got to be athletic. He’s going to be running around buildings and through walls, but he won’t have to do those crazy pull-ups.

KREISBERG:
    Nobody can do the crazy pull-ups, but Stephen [Amell].

JOHNS: I think Green Arrow might show off in front of Barry Allen.

And just to clarify, at the end of the day, this character will go by the name The Flash and he will wear a red costume?

JOHNS:
    Yes, absolutely! There will be no sweatsuits or strange code names. He will be The Flash.

Are there plans to involve any other characters from Barry Allen’s universe, in his Arrow appearances?

KREISBERG:
    That’s interesting. Episodes 8 and 9 will take place in Starling City, which Barry has come to. I think Episode 20 will be a bigger introduction to Barry’s world. Those first episodes are really Barry coming to the Arrow world.

JOHNS: So, ultimately, yes. In Episode 20, you will see Barry Allen and The Flash’s world starting to form, in earnest.

Arrow returns to The CW for Season 2 on October 9th.

'Flash' Series From 'Arrow' Producers in the Works at CW
    The DC Comics hero will be introduced during a second-season episode of the Stephen Amell starrer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Goldberg
    The network will look to Arrow co-creators/executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter to introduce the lightning-fast character during the second season of Arrow.

"We plan to introduce the recurring character of Barry Allen, who is the Flash," Pedowitz told reporters. "We're planning an origin story, and we'll see how it goes. We do want to expand on the DC Universe, and we felt this is a very organic way to get there."

For his part, Berlanti is also developing a Flash movie for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, with sources telling THR that the feature is being eyed for 2016. Pedowitz also noted that there is no conflict with the movie studio or DC when it comes to the TV series and feature film, as previous efforts have proven troublesome when there's such an overlap.

If they're doing Bleach, I seriously hope the villains in it are gonna be none other than the Espada.

For those of you not really that much into Bleach and are not familiar with the Espada, they are basically the main rivals of the heroes.
    The heroes in Bleach are actually "Soul Reapers." Their role is basically to reap souls and escort them to the soul world. But then sometimes some of these souls become lost... and evolve into Demons living among humans in this world. And these demons are cannibals. They eat fellow demons and become stronger. So the more demons they eat the stronger they become themselves. And the stronger they become the more refined their appearance become as well. So a lowly ranked demon would basically look like a monster. While a stronger demon would look more human in appearance (but don't let the looks fool you!).

The Espada are demons who have evolved into 'Lord' status. They look very human but underneath them lies immense demonic strength. Their demonic power is sealed in their swords. So basically they carry swords around with them (much like their counterpart the Soul Reapers). Which I think is really very cool.

Default Re: The Flash and Green Lantern 2017

What Warner Bros/DC Comics Is Planning At Comic-Con In July
    We know that Warner Bros Pictures is way behind Marvel Studios when it comes to making movies out of its comic book properties. But I have intel on what is coming up at this July’s Comic-Con from the studio. A lot of stuff remains in flux but my sources have so far:

• May 2016 – Batman v Superman
      July 2016 – Shazam
      Xmas 2016 – Sandman
      May 2017 – Justice League
      July 2017 – Wonder Woman
      Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
      May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie for sometime in 2016 but that project fell off the schedule.

Meanwhile, if you were wondering why Batman v Superman was delayed, it wasn’t the script or Ben Affleck or Jesse Eisenberg but with the fact that this pic will act as a launching pad for the Justice League. According to my source, “Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.”

Default Re: The Flash

My first impression when I saw the new Flash costume (I don't remember exactly when, but it wasn't that long ago for sure) was that it looked like the Daredevil movie costume with a 'lightning' symbol instead of the 'DD' symbol on the chest.

Also, the more I watched Arrow the cornier it got and so I stopped watching it. They made his character really 'dark' like Batman, even his voice, and it wasn't supposed to be that way with the Green Arrow. It's like watching Batman in a green costume! I might as well watch the real Batman.

Also the timing and the idea for the Flash and Green Lantern movie team-up is terrible. Green Lantern should have been teamed up with Batman, and the Flash with Superman instead.
    The strategy should be to draw fans to watch Green Lantern because Batman's gonna be his partner in the movie. And same goes with trying to draw fans to watch the Flash because Superman's gonna be his teammate.
    But now they're putting 2 A-Class characters together in one movie (Batman v Superman) while leaving 2 B-Class characters in another (Flash and Green Lantern). Do the math.

They should have went with the "Impulse" look for their live action Flash long ago, and beat X-Men to it.
    impulse.jpg
    In fairness, DC (not X-Men) started such a mask design for their speedster. Anyone who knew Impulse knows this.

But X-Men applied it first on live action... and won the wow of the crowds. Timing is everything.
    x-men-days-of-future-past-quicksilver-empire-cover1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    They should have went with the "Impulse" look for their live action Flash long ago, and beat X-Men to it.
    impulse.jpg
    In fairness, DC (not X-Men) started such a mask design for their speedster. Anyone who knew Impulse knows this.

But X-Men applied it first on live action... and won the wow of the crowds. Timing is everything.
    x-men-days-of-future-past-quicksilver-empire-cover1.jpg
    Comics Alliance:
    The Quicksilver of Two Worlds: How A D-List Speedster Became Hot Hollywood Property

<3 Quicksilver.

Now is a good time for Marvel to publish solo Quicksilver comics!

And I hope they don't apply the 'ring costume' on The Flash in the big screen, coz it's totally silly. Probably the silliest costume concept ever.

Costume.jpg

I mean if you're not familiar with the 'ring costume' that I'm talking about -- well, in the comics his costume is actually IN his ring, and it ejects out when he needs to wear it. And it's silly. I mean HE IS supposed to be THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE. He can run home, change costume, sip a cup of tea, and still come back ON TIME to fight crime or respond to an emergency situation. Hell even Superman (who is not the fastest man alive) has time to change costume in a nearby phone booth! And the Flash doesn't?? And the costume is IN his ring?? REALLY?? I mean it's awfully weird and bad design idea.

Since they're teaming up Flash with Green Lantern in 2017, it would be the perfect opportunity to introduce the other Lantern Corps in the story.
    And perhaps even treat us to a Blue Lantern Flash towards the end (or in the end credits scene).

Flash_Blue_Lantern_Corps_002.jpg

Where it all leads to...

JUSTICE LEAGUE 2: BLACKEST NIGHT (2019)

Default Re: The Flash and Green Lantern 2017

Comic-Con Crapfest: Movies
    WARNER BROS/DC:
    The studio wimped out on all its planned big announcements for upcoming films.
    (Long sigh… These execs just delay and then delay some more, ad nauseam.)