Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Flash and Green Lantern 2

Default Re: The Flash and Green Lantern 2

Alright, the more I look at the 2014 Flash tv series costume, the more I see that its wrong. I mean really wrong.

I stand by my previous statement regarding this costume -- that this is just a replica of the Daredevil movie costume with a lightning symbol on it instead of the Double-D. I mean absolutely. Look at it.

The-Flash-1.jpg

The people behind this are clearly infatuated with things that are dark. I mean in broad daylight his costume looks MAROON, while in the darkness of the night it looks virtually BLACK. There is absolutely nothing vibrant or energetic looking about this costume. It looks dark and depressed instead.

But then the people behind this costume design might come up with lame excuses like "Hey look, his costume was meant to be tactical."
    The FLASH doesn't need to be tactical like Batman. His lightning speed overpowers any need to be tactical. He doesn't need to sneak up on enemies. He can run at speeds no enemy eyes can cope.

Just let the people behind this land Batman projects instead in the future. I think their "dark" appetite are better suited for the Dark Knight.

Default The DC Cinematic Universe

"NO JOKES"
    Why Superman and Batman may lose the war to Marvel before they even begin
    It's all going to come down to people falling in love with these icons
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty
    Last week was about the fifth time I've heard that there is a mandate at Warner Bros. regarding any of the DC superhero films in development, and it's very simple and direct and to the point.

"No jokes."

It would seem like a crazy rule to set for an entire series of films. How can you know what the tone is for every story you'll be telling in a series before you've even started telling it? The thing is, DC has taken a few stabs at establishing this larger universe on film, and they've gotten smacked down for everything that hasn't had Batman in it. "Man Of Steel" made money, and I'm certainly not the only person to like the film. I may be one of its more ardent defenders, but I'm not alone. I think you'd have a far harder time finding someone to defend "Green Lantern," the studio's other big attempt at launching one of the core Justice League characters with a film franchise of his own.

^
    The Flash and Wonder Woman would be their best bet when it comes to humor.

The Flash is just very fast, so he can get "jittery" at times. And those could make really funny scenes.
    INSERT jokes in scenes where he gets jittery. Don't overuse jokes, just use the right amount at the right moments.

Wonder Woman is not from earth. So she's ignorant about many things on earth. And those could make up some really funny scenes. Actually Marvel applied that strategy with the humor in the Thor movie. So it's a tested method. Something similar can be done with WW.

And finally, give Flash a solo movie. He runs so fast he can fly in the box office!

Lynda Carter Comments on Wonder Woman’s ‘Batman V Superman’ Costume
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dyce
    The actress seemed pleased to hear that anyone was getting the chance to don the tiara and lasso on film, but with the suit revealed, Access Hollywood asked for her initial reaction to Diana’s new duds:
    “Well, I was missing the red, white and blue, I have to say… I don’t know. I haven’t seen it yet, so I really can’t comment. Maybe there’s a lot more color in it than what we saw in the picture.”

Eager to point out the more important issue, Carter went on to explain that Gadot and her colleagues have bigger challenges than what message is sent by their character’s costume:

“It’s almost impossible to play a superhero anyway. You can’t. You just have to play a character that happens to do these amazing things. That’s the only way you can do it. And the costumes all take care of themselves.”

“I’ll have to wait and see. I hate to comment on something that I haven’t seen and I’m very supportive of Gal Gadot. I’m very supportive of them doing Wonder Woman, putting her in any capacity. I think she needs to be out there. … It’s high time somebody took a chance and did it and so I’m really happy about that.”
    Rumor: Scoot McNairy Is
    In BATMAN V SUPERMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Faraci
    According to my sources we will not see a Green Lantern in the picture until Justice League.

Default Re: New Line’s ‘Shazam’

Good news. It's such a relief to know that he's playing Black Adam. He's a good actor but I cannot imagine him playing Shazam. The looks just don't fit. Some people are meant to play the opposite. Just like the guy who played Loki -- he actually first auditioned to play Thor. But the people who decides said "Look, you're Loki not Thor."
    Now Black Adam is just a perfect fit for Dwayne. He did an amazing job as the Scorpion King in the Mummy Returns. And I'm sure he will pull off an amazing job as Black Adam. I can imagine it already.

TV Review: ‘The Flash’
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lowry
    Hewing closely to the template of “Smallville,” “The Flash” bursts out of the starting gate, racing through an origin story and related history that transforms baby-faced CSI Barry Allen into the red-streaked superhero. Like all pilots in the genre, the only reason to keep one foot on the brake, enthusiasm-wise, is whether the producers can sustain a high level of special effects and action once a weekly episodic schedule (and budget) kicks in. CW already has found a steadying presence in “Arrow,” and this more comicbook-y entry could be another solid anchor from sibling DC Comics.

Purists can wince, with some justification, at the casting of Grant Gustin as Barry; last seen high-stepping on “Glee,” the thesp gives the character a look that’s more suited to studying for midterms than investigating crimes. Still, the pandering to younger demos hardly stops there (witness the upcoming “Fantastic Four” reboot), so the offended can either buy into the choice or wait 25 years for another Flash series to come along.

Yep, it’s been that long since CBS took a “Batman”-inspired run at the character, and that series — while in some respects ahead of its time — quickly fizzled.

Warner Bros. Announces 10 DC Movies, 3 Lego Movies and 3 'Harry Potter' Spinoffs
    In a press release following Tuijhara’s announcement, Warners noted that the DC slate consisted of “at least” these 10 movies, “as well as standalone Batman and Superman films.”

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)

Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)

Shazam (2019)

Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)

Green Lantern (2020)

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Warner Bros. Announces 10 DC Movies, 3 Lego Movies and 3 'Harry Potter' Spinoffs
    In a press release following Tuijhara’s announcement, Warners noted that the DC slate consisted of “at least” these 10 movies, “as well as standalone Batman and Superman films.”

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)

Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)

Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)

Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)

The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)

Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)

Shazam (2019)

Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)

Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)

Green Lantern (2020)

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020
    Flash 2018???

Aquaman 2018???

Shazam 2019???

Cyborg 2020???

Green Lantern 2020???

Instead what they have planned for 2016 is Suicide Squad???

And Suicide Squad is supposed to be a bigger name than say Flash or Aquaman???

What are they doing?? We all know Batman vs Superman is gonna be huge. They should capitalize on that and do more of the big hero movies in succession. They can do Suicide Squad later. There's no hurry for that.

I mean, look, Marvel didn't do Guardians of the Galaxy right after Iron Man 1 or Thor 1. They focused on the big names first. GOTG could wait. They did Cap 1 and 2 first. They did Thor 1 and 2 first. They did Iron Man 1, 2, and 3 first. They did Hulk 1 and 2 first. They did Avengers first. You gotta strike the iron while it's hot as the saying goes. Do the big names first, establish your name and reputation, then you can focus on the less known names.

Sure, Suicide Squad isn't a bigger name than The Flash and Aquaman. But Suicide Squad has gotten a boost by being in Arrow, so they might think that it's good to do it before The Flash since The Flash has now its own TV-series and they might wanna wait and see how long it's gonna run before they decide if they are gonna do the movie as a follow up to the series or just a stand alone movie that has nothing to do with the TV-series.
    Then Aquaman with Jason Momoa? Seriously? Conan anyone??? Needles to say it sucks already. Anybody who knows anything about Aquaman knows that if it's not directed by James Cameron and star Vincent Chase as Aquaman knows that it's gonna suck.
    Shazam and Cyborg will most likely be as successful as Green Lantern was.
    And the Green Lantern that is coming out in 2020 is gonna be a total reboot and the movie company will pretend that the first one was never made and hope that people has forgotten all about it by 2020 and go and see the new movie that will have a totally new cast as if it was the first Green Lantern movie that has ever been made.
    Then Batman and Superman will get their own standalone movies and they will come out either 2018-19 or 2019-2020. Maybe Batman in 2019 and Superman 2020 since they both are gonna be in Justice League Part:1 that comes out in 2017 and maybe in Part:2 as well that comes out in 2019.

Default Re: Suicide Squad

Jai Courtney Eyed for Batman Villain Deadshot in ‘Suicide Squad’ (EXCLUSIVE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Kroll
    Tom Hardy, Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are also in various stages of discussions to join the super-villainous movie, which is being written and directed by “Fury” filmmaker David Ayer.

Warner Bros. is courting Leto to play the Joker in the film, Robbie for Harley Quinn and Hardy for Rick Flag, a founding member of the Suicide Squad. As for Smith, it’s uncertain which character he will play, but sources say it’s likely the Flash nemesis Digger Harkness a.k.a. Captain Boomerang.

Default Re: The Flash and Green Lantern Corps

Zack Snyder Explains Why Grant Gustin Isn’t Playing the Flash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Han
    Speaking to The New York Daily News, Snyder revealed he’d never even considered bringing Gustin’s Barry Allen into Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or the other DC movies. “I just don’t think it was a good fit,” he responded. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where…that [tone is] not our world.” Snyder is referring here to the relatively light and upbeat tone of The CW’s The Flash, in contrast to the darker, grittier, broodier world of Batman v Superman and its related films.

Default Re: The Flash

THR:
    The 'Flash' Movie Loses Its Director (Exclusive)
    Seth Grahame-Smith was attached to direct the superhero film starring Ezra Miller, but is leaving over "creative differences."

BMD:
    Crisis On Finite DC Movieverses
    THE FLASH loses a director. Will more filmmakers leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIN FARACI
    Sources at WB tell me that this is just one part of what's going on behind the scenes at the DC movieverse. Zack Snyder and Geoff Johns were taken aback at critical and audience reaction to Batman v Superman, I'm told, and WB execs have found themselves at odds with Snyder over his vision for Justice League and the DC movieverse going forward. Of course Justice League was scheduled to start shooting mere days after BvS was released, which meant WB couldn't take any definitive action - like removing Snyder or delaying the movie to make changes - without poisoning the box office for BvS. The result? Lots of fights between Snyder and the WB execs, and lots of pressure from Burbank on Snyder, who is shooting in London.

Variety APRIL 17, 2015:
    ‘Wonder Woman’: The Story Behind Michelle MacLaren’s Exit
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Kroll
    The studio is declining to elaborate on the cliched “creative differences” joint statement that was issued when the two parted ways. But, according to multiple sources close to the project, the director’s vision for the movie was vastly different from the studio’s view. MacLaren envisioned the DC Comics-based “Wonder Woman” movie as an epic origin tale in the vein of “Braveheart,” whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

Variety MARCH 5, 2016:
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt Drops Out of ‘The Sandman’
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt has ditched his “Sandman” project at New Line due to disagreement with the studio.

Updated: George Miller for GREEN LANTERN CORPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Quint
    Quint here again. I reached out to a pretty high level source about this not thinking I'd hear back, but that source did indeed write back saying, I quote, "Rumors are bogus" of a George Miller Green Lantern Corps movie. I was skeptical before and now I flat out think this one was a whiff from the Heroic Hollywood guys. Can't win 'em all, fellas!

They should pit the Green Lantern corps against the Yellow Lantern corps or Red Lantern corps right away in the solo GL movie reboot.

Give the Green Lantern an "equal" villain to fight with. It always works. Iron Man fought Iron Monger. Thor fought Loki. Captain America fought the Red Skull/Winter Soldier. Superman fought General Zod. Hulk fought Abomination...

They only need to show the "origin" of the Yellow/Red Lantern in flashback scenes. But nothing that would take up serious time in the movie. Jump into the action right away!

I just watched the Green Lantern The Animated Series. Boy was it good! The Red Lanterns just appeared and they start fighting. And later there were short flashback scenes to help you understand their origin but then it doesn't take too much time away. That is what we want. Fight, fight, fight. Action, action, action.

Variety:
    Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite of ‘The Flash’ Script (EXCLUSIVE)

Screen Rant:
    Warner Bros. Reportedly Trying to Film Another DCEU Movie in 2017

Collider:
    Rumor: David Goyer Could Direct ‘Suicide Squad²’ or ‘Green Lantern Corps’
    Warner Bros. really loves being in the David Goyer business.