Thread: Marvel Movies Stage Two

Default Re: Marvel Movies Stage Two

Sounds great, Avengers will be the movie event of 2012.

Sounds great for another Hulk movie and Avengers, this could be the most epic Marvel movie ever.

From Collider:
    Kevin Feige talks Marvel Future Projects like ANT-MAN, IRON MAN 3, THE AVENGERS, LUKE CAGE, THE RUNAWAYS, POWER PACK, and a lot More!
    SPOILERS
    In an online chat on the L.A. Times website HeroComplex, Kevin Feige, the President of Marvel Studios, answered a ton of fan submitted questions. While he didn’t reveal any major Marvel secrets, he did give updates on numerous Marvel projects that are in development. Some of the projects he talked about were Ant-Man, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Luke Cage, The Runaways, The Punisher, Deadpool, Thor, Captain America, Power Pack, and a few others. Here’s some of the bullet point highlights:

• * Iron Man will have new armor in The Avengers
      * The upcoming Marvel movies will continue hiding hidden Easter Eggs
      * Says the next 3 years he’s working on Iron Man 3, The Runaways, Ant-Man and The Avengers
      *Don Blake is somehow referenced in Thor
      * Mentions his love of Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Luke Cage
      * We should be seeing the Captain America trailer early next year
      * They are working on The Punisher. No word if it’s TV or live-action
      * Wants to bring female heroes to the big screen
      * A very talented writer is currently working on a draft of Iron Fist right now
      * Claims Natalie and Chris have amazing chemistry in Thor
      * Open to an R-Rated Marvel movie
      * Says some of the upcoming Marvel movies will have after the credit scenes
      * The ten-minute shorts before the features was just a rumor.
      * Says Fox is still working on a Deadpool movie
      * Nick Fury will stay in the modern era
      * No Invaders in Captain America but there will be Howling Commandoes

From Hero Complex:
    FRIDAY LIVE CHAT: Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige answers your questions

Kevin Feige Says Iron Man 3 Is The Start Of The Next Marvel Movie Wave And Will Lead To The Avengers 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
    It was made explicit during the Avengers panel at NYCC today: after The Avengers, Iron Man 3 will kick-start a new era for the ongoing Marvel movie cross-over project.

Kevin Feige spoke about being in pre-production on Iron Man 3 right now, and referred to it as the first film in “the second phase of the Avengers initiative”. His hope is to build up, in a similar fashion to this last time, and culminate in The Avengers 2.

The first clue to this second phase is likely to come with The Avengers, as Feige confirmed that there’s going to be a little teaser scene tucked away at the end, after the credits.

But what about those Guardians of the Galaxy rumours? Aren’t we going to see those characters cropping in Marvel films, coming together like The Avengers did?

Feige says that, in fact, there is a Guardians of the Galaxy film in development but it will, in this respect at least be standalone. Missed opportunity? Or a nice chance to have a picture not get bogged down with continuity beyond its own narrative?

Sounds great to me. I really enjoy these marvel movies.
    Was always a big Marvel fan, never really into D.C with the exception of "golden age" Superman. So I'll probably checkout the Superman movie in 2013.
    Never been a big Batman fan, only reason I enjoy this new trilogy is because I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan
    and I love his vision for these films. But for the most part I've enjoyed all of these Marvel movies. Some more than others. But I think its great and I look forward to
    the continuation of the Marvel Universe on the big screen.

• After being deemed a serious threat to the Earth by Marvel’s Illuminati, the Hulk is shipped off into space.
    • Once spacebound, the Hulk becomes enslaved on the planet Sakaar, and is forced to participate in gladiatorial games and eventually becomes a hero of the rebellion against the Red King.
    • At the end of Planet Hulk, some events transpire that get the Hulk pretty pissed off. The only thing worse than an enraged Hulk is one with an army of loyal followers. The theory goes that Hulk and his warbound fighters will return to Earth in The Avengers 3 to follow Pak’s World War Hulk story arc.
    Take my money already!

Default Re: Marvel Movies 2028

Warner’s C.E.O. Is Bullish on the Big Screen
    Quote Originally Posted by BROOKS BARNES
    As for DC Entertainment, cross-studio collaboration to make better use of its comic book characters appears to have accelerated considerably since Mr. Tsujihara took over, in part because he eliminated some management layers. (He has not named a chief operating officer and did not replace Mr. Rosenblum and Mr. Robinov, choosing instead to divide up their duties and assume some himself.) Two new television shows are coming to the CW and Fox, including one based on the Flash and another on a young Batman, and a film series will be announced in the near future, Mr. Tsujihara said. It is expected to include a “Justice League” movie.
    Marvel responds:
    Kevin Feige, Marvel's Superhero at Running Movie Franchises
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Leonard
    Or perhaps Iger has a built-in GPS for acquiring studios that can tell stories. Much of Marvel’s success can be attributed to Feige. He has a special understanding of comics, fans, superheroes, and narrative. He concedes that Marvel won’t recover the film rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men anytime soon but says Marvel has something more valuable: a universe of thousands of characters it controls entirely. That means Feige can produce an unlimited number of films with interweaving story lines and characters, creating a vast audience for almost any Marvel movie. People might show up for The Avengers, meet the Black Widow, and come back for her movie, too. There’s a map of films reaching far into the next decade on the wall of Feige’s office. “It’s like looking through the Hubble telescope. You go, ‘What’s happening back there? I can sort of see it,’ ” he laughs. “They printed out a new one recently that went to 2028.”

The success of The Avengers banished any remaining doubts about Iger’s $4 billion investment in Marvel. “It was not clear until they did The Avengers how big Marvel could be,” says Merrill Lynch’s Cohen, acknowledging her earlier lack of faith. And The Avengers didn’t triumph at the box office only because it was a good movie. Until then, most of Marvel’s films had been distributed by Paramount Pictures (VIA). Disney threw every division of the company, from theme parks to television to consumer products, behind The Avengers. “All Paramount cares about is the distribution fee,” says Iger. “Now that we distribute these movies, it’s not about a fee. It’s not even about box office. It’s about the entire entity doing well, which ultimately lifts the Disney stock.” A sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is scheduled for release in May 2015.

Iger would like to replicate the success of The Avengers with other Marvel teams. He says Marvel could potentially spin off members of the Guardians of the Galaxy, which include Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon, in their own features. In November, Disney announced a deal with Netflix (NFLX) to create individual TV shows about Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. They will join forces in a fifth series called The Defenders. Iger and Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios, recently met with the Marvel team to talk about new heroes who will be introduced in Age of Ultron and could be spun off in their own films as well. Iger declines to name them. “The possibilities are endless,” he says.

Default Re: Marvel Movies Stage Two & Three

Kevin Feige Says CAPTAIN MARVEL Film Has Been Discussed "A Lot"
    Marvel has been trying to develop a Black Widow solo film for Scarlett Johansson, but many fans would rather see Captain Marvel be the first female standalone film produced by the studio. Badassdigest approached Feige about this. See what he had to say.

Marvel Could Start Releasing Three - Or Even Four - Movies A Year
    Kevin Feige explains the situation where Marvel could break out of their two-per-year plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Faraci
    Guardians 2 (which might be Planet Hulk, by the way. Yes, I believe that is on the table. It may not be a true adaptation of the comic series, but don't be shocked if Hulk and the Guardians of the Galaxy cross paths).

Kevin Feige, Marvel's Superhero at Running Movie Franchises
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Leonard
    Or perhaps Iger has a built-in GPS for acquiring studios that can tell stories. Much of Marvel’s success can be attributed to Feige. He has a special understanding of comics, fans, superheroes, and narrative. He concedes that Marvel won’t recover the film rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men anytime soon but says Marvel has something more valuable: a universe of thousands of characters it controls entirely. That means Feige can produce an unlimited number of films with interweaving story lines and characters, creating a vast audience for almost any Marvel movie. People might show up for The Avengers, meet the Black Widow, and come back for her movie, too. There’s a map of films reaching far into the next decade on the wall of Feige’s office. “It’s like looking through the Hubble telescope. You go, ‘What’s happening back there? I can sort of see it,’ ” he laughs. “They printed out a new one recently that went to 2028.”

The success of The Avengers banished any remaining doubts about Iger’s $4 billion investment in Marvel. “It was not clear until they did The Avengers how big Marvel could be,” says Merrill Lynch’s Cohen, acknowledging her earlier lack of faith. And The Avengers didn’t triumph at the box office only because it was a good movie. Until then, most of Marvel’s films had been distributed by Paramount Pictures (VIA). Disney threw every division of the company, from theme parks to television to consumer products, behind The Avengers. “All Paramount cares about is the distribution fee,” says Iger. “Now that we distribute these movies, it’s not about a fee. It’s not even about box office. It’s about the entire entity doing well, which ultimately lifts the Disney stock.” A sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is scheduled for release in May 2015.

Iger would like to replicate the success of The Avengers with other Marvel teams. He says Marvel could potentially spin off members of the Guardians of the Galaxy, which include Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon, in their own features. In November, Disney announced a deal with Netflix (NFLX) to create individual TV shows about Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. They will join forces in a fifth series called The Defenders. Iger and Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios, recently met with the Marvel team to talk about new heroes who will be introduced in Age of Ultron and could be spun off in their own films as well. Iger declines to name them. “The possibilities are endless,” he says.
    THE LEADER In 'Fantastic Four'? Possible Hulk News, Too
    Lou Ferrigno Again Claims That Marvel Are Planning Another HULK Movie After AVENGERS: AOULou Ferrigno Claims Disney is Planning Mark Ruffalo ‘Hulk’ Movie After ‘Avengers 2′

Kevin Feige Tries To Address Almost Every Marvel Rumor Or Concern; More 'Phase Two' Update
    Are you planning another solo Hulk movie?
    "We have been discussing after Avengers what that would be, what that would look like. It’s really Mark Ruffalo portrayal of Bruce Banner, in the way Joss Whedon brought him to life in Avengers that worked. It’s even why you ask me that question. Which is good, we wanted that to happen, we wanted people to come out of Avengers saying The Hulk was their favorite character or at least on of their favorite. The fact that it did happen, was awesome. So, you know, all of the effort related to Hulk right know is going to Age of Ultron. It’s exciting, because he hasn’t been in any other film, so you can expect to have a lot of Bruce Banner and Hulk in Age of Ultron. Where we go after that ? We’ll see. It will be a little while before we figure that out but, we do think there’s plenty of opportunities with the Ruffalo Banner."

What really happened with Edward Norton when you negotiated for The Avengers?
    "There never really was a negotiation period on that one."

You didn’t want him for the role?
    "They were very very brief, limited discussions. But very soon after that, very early on the process, we identified Mark Ruffalo as who we wanted to play the character."

Default Re: Marvel Movies Stage Three

Digital Spy:
    Exclusive: Mark Ruffalo: 'Marvel is considering a Hulk standalone movie'

Bleeding Cool:
    Stating The Obvious: Mark Ruffalo Says Marvel Are “Entertaining The Idea” Of A Solo Hulk Movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
    For the first time? Really? Or is that code for ‘something is solidifying’?

We hear talk about Marvel movies all of the time. Sometimes we hear word from the set. And sometimes that word leaves us to believe that The Avengers: Age of Ultron goes a long way to setting up a solo Hulk movie. A particular solo Hulk movie.

Don’t be too surprised if there’s an announcement at San Diego. Just a little surprised.

Phase 2 is The Empire Strikes Back of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Iron Man 3
    Tony Stark has the mini arc reactor in his chest removed.
    And he destroys all of the Iron Man Suits.
    The Iron Patriot suit wasn't destroyed, but it was hacked by A.I.M.

Thor 2
    Loki is imitating Odin, ruling Asgard and giving away the infinity gems.
    Thor has returned to Earth to be with Jane.
    Can he return to Asgard?

Captain America 2
    S.H.I.E.L.D. has been destroyed.
    Hydra, A.I.M. & the Ten Rings are still active.
    Captain America is a soldier without an army.
    Black Widow is a fugitive.
    Nick Fury is somewhere in Europe.

The victories in each movie where insignificant in retrospect.
    Remember Hydra's battle cry?
    Cut one head off and two will replace it.

To me it looks like the bad guys are winning.

Default Re: Marvel Movies Phase Three

Marvel Snaps Up Old 'Spider-Man 4' Date, Likely for 'Avengers 3'
    The move came hours after Sony undated "Amazing Spider-Man 3" and "Amazing Spider-Man 4," previously set for release on June 10, 2016, and May 4, 2018, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela McClintock
    On the eve of Comic-Con, Hollywood's superhero dating wars intensified on Wednesday as Marvel Studios and Disney swooped in and laid claim to the May 2018 weekend previously occupied by The Amazing Spider-Man 4.

Marvel Adds A THIRD Unknown Movie To 2018
    The studio looks to be moving to three releases a year.

Default Marvel Movies Phase Three

Variety:
    Marvel’s Victoria Alonso Keeps Budgets of Superhero Franchises From Soaring
    That said, Marvel’s movies are hardly cheap, often costing around $200 million to produce.

I don't know if Marvel owns the movie rights to Dr. Doom character. But I'm sure they could work around it even if they don't.
    Since they were able to work around the movie rights to characters such as say Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

I could totally imagine Dr. Doom as an Avengers villain down the road, working with Thanos, once the latter acquires all the Infinity Stones.
    Dr. Doom could work as a penultimate villain boss before the Avengers reach Thanos. He would of course be motivated to fight alongside Thanos only because he also has plans to one day betray Thanos and have the Stones for himself.

They could totally change his origin in the movie, and not associate him with the Fantastic Four at all. For legal reasons of course. And that would still be fine.

I remember Hawkeye had superpowers (super sight to be specific) way back when I was a kid.

The super sight (not x-ray vision or anything like that, but kind of super sharp sight) was what gave him the ability to aim with precision. Even his origin story was way different back then, as he was trained by Captain America and served as his sidekick (much like Robin was to Batman).

I kind of miss that old Hawkeye. Nowadays he's just a normal human with no superpower that's just skilled in archery. And he's been replaced by Falcon as Cap's sidekick.

Okay, on second thought I do like the new Hawkeye. lol

Because he doesn't have superpowers he goes 'Tactical Op' instead, and that makes for fun reading materials. At least it works in comic books. I mean I'm currently reading Secret Avengers: Reverie [Trade Paper Back]. I mean he's just so cool along with other non-superpowered Avengers like Nick Fury, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Agent Coulson, and so forth. I never imagined it would be so fun a read (I mean even more fun than reading Batman admittedly).

Default Disney needs to buy FOX!

Disney needs to buy FOX! i mean, i just found out that its Wolverine the one that trained black widow! how cool would Hugh Jackmans wolverine be in the next avengers?!

Default Re: Marvel Movies Phase Three

Marvel Shake-Up: Film Chief Kevin Feige Breaks Free of CEO Ike Perlmutter (Exclusive)
    After Feige's "years of frustration," the studio's movie group will now report to Disney's Alan Horn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Masters & Matthew Belloni
    After what one source describes as "several years of frustration," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has pulled off a reorganization of the vaunted film company that has him reporting to Disney studio chief Alan Horn as opposed to the infamously micromanaging Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter.

Feige, the architect of Marvel's transition from a flailing comic book company into a film powerhouse that was sold to Disney for $4 billion in 2009, is said to have vented his unhappiness to Horn and Disney CEO Bob Iger earlier this summer. The reorganization was put into effect last week, according to sources.

"Marvel Studios is taking the next logical step in its integration with The Walt Disney Studios, joining Pixar and Lucasfilm in centralizing many of its film-related functions in Burbank, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and co-president Louis D’Esposito continuing to lead the Marvel Studios team reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn," a Disney spokesperson tells THR in a statement.

The revamp is a blow to New York-based Perlmutter, a low-profile billionaire who has contributed to Marvel's reputation in Hollywood for frugality and secrecy (as THR reported in a 2014 feature, he attended the premiere of Iron Man in a disguise to go undetected and once complained that journalists at a press junket were allowed two sodas instead of one). Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television, continues to report to Perlmutter, who will maintain oversight of Marvel's TV group, publishing, animation and other New York-based operations.

Perlmutter, 72, is said to have accepted Feige's insistence on the film group breaking free. But the move illustrates the power that Feige has amassed within the Disney empire, having overseen a slate of films since 2009 that has grossed more than $7 billion while rival Warner Bros. has struggled to turn its DC superheroes into a comparable cinematic universe. Disney has plotted out Marvel films until at least 2019.

The shift also evidences the tricky executive politics that Iger must manage as a result of assembling several freestanding feifdoms under the Disney banner over the past decade. Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel have been key acquisitions that brought with them valuable intellectual property assets and creative expertise. But each silo is overseen by powerful executives such as animation gurus John Lasseter and Ed Catmull, producer Kathleen Kennedy and Perlmutter and Feige, respectively, all of whom have tremendous influence within their corner of the Disney empire.

Feige, 42, has been considered the key man at Marvel, producing everything from the original Iron Man through this summer's Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. One insider says Feige has earned the opportunity to break free from Perlmutter, who is not only controlling, but also obsessed with thrift.

"Everybody knows Ike is difficult," says one source close to the company. "This has been a long time coming. Kevin has grown his entire career under Ike and now it just makes sense."

so, if i count right, here is the line up for infinity wars:

good guys:
    Iron man (+ iron legion)
    war machine
    vision
    scarlet witch
    hulk
    Thor (and Odin, Heimdal, destroyer, etc and the asgardian army)
    shield (hawkeye, black widow, nick fury, Maria Hill, etc...)
    ant-man (+ wasp?)
    captain america
    falcon
    winter soldier
    Spiderman
    Guardians of the galaxy (+ nova corps etc...)
    Black Panther

Bad guys:
    Thanos (+ GotGalaxy bad guys...)
    Loki
    chitauri
    The abomination
    Red skull
    the real Mandarin and any Extremis henchmen that survived IM3
    remaining hydra thugs
    Mr Klaue
    dark elves
    yellow jacket (haven't seen antman, is he dead?)

or if thanos goes all murder on the universe, maybe even the bad guys will team up against him.

seems like alot of characters to put into 2 movies. what do you think?

Default Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three