Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Re: Star Wars

214572.jpg-c_640_360_x-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg

Also, anyone remember this teaser from a year ago?

This scene doesn't look like it's the one where Kylo fights Finn (like the one shown in the trailer).

To me this looks like a proving ground of some sort for Kylo Ren. Looking into the distance there is no one. He could be fighting fellow "baddies" here (hidden behind the trees) as some sort of a "graduation rite" before being worthy of becoming the leader of the First Order.

Cool Re: Star Wars

INTERNATIONAL Trailer is UP!

Love how they by "International" seem to think that everybody can speak Japanese! LOL!!
    It's gonna be epic! The only question is, if seen it only two times at the movies will be enough?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

That sunset shot. Very Michael Bay.

Another new trailer released today!

At 0:50 you can see the vibroblade block the lightsaber! I know it's vibroblade, or some kind of, because I played SW games before!

Theres just been official word that the two smaller blades just below the main blade on Kylo Ren's lightsaber are not "crossguards" but "energy vented from the main blade."
    In other words they're "energy exhausts."
    It seems the main blade is so powerful it needed extra "outlets" for venting out excess energy.

Check out a new TV-spot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!
    It's gonna be epic boys and girls!! EPIC!! Woo hoo!!

‘Star Wars': George Lucas Explains Why He and Disney Disagreed on New Trilogy
    The ‘Star Wars’ creator previously cited creative restraints as his reason for not participating in the creative process for the upcoming films.
    “The issue was ultimately that they looked at the stories and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,'” Lucas said. “People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems – it’s not about spaceships. So they decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing so I decided, ‘fine…. I’ll go my way and I let them go their way.'”

^ as long as the movies include lighsaber duels and 'the Force' it will be okay, with or without Lucas.
    The big draw in these movies, and what sets them apart from the likes of "Star Trek," is the Mysticism side of it.
    People like the Jedi and the Sith!

Ep 1, 2, and 3 were good movies. Ep1 especially because I thought Darth Maul was bad a$$. I couldn't say if they were better than the original trilogy (that's debatable), but they were good trilogies mainly because of the lighsaber duels!

I'm more concerned about their planned "Han Solo" and "Rogue One" spin off films. Those seem to be shoot-em-up movies set in space without all the lightsaber and mystical stuffs. And I might as well just watch Star Trek if that's the case!

Ep 1, 2, and 3 were good movies. Ep1 especially because I thought Darth Maul was bad a$$. I couldn't say if they were better than the original trilogy (that's debatable), but they were good trilogies mainly because of the lighsaber duels!
    The prequel trilogy is OK, but I like the original one more mainly because of one thing.
    The problem I have with the prequel trilogy compared to the original trilogy is that they go backwards in time. First everything is shiny, futuristic and smooth and the ships are aerodynamic and the lightsaber fights are awesome. Then, in the original trilogy everything is gray, low tech and the ships are edgy and everybody has forgotten the fighting skills they had when they were young. Just compare the Darth Maul fight from Episode I with the fight between Obi-Wan and Vader in Episode IV and you'll see what I mean. It looks like the older the Jedi get, the more they develop Alzheimer's. Just watch Episode IV when Obi-Wan says he doesn't remember ever owning an R2 unit. Well, he didn't own it literally, but looks like he had forgotten all about R2-D2 from the prequel trilogy times along with his fighting skills as well.
    Now in The Force Awakens, the tech looks like it's back in the futuristic way like it was in the prequel trilogy and the Stormtroopers are even more futuristic looking than what they looked like in Episodes I-III...

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Just compare the Darth Maul fight from Episode I with the fight between Obi-Wan and Vader in Episode IV and you'll see what I mean.
    Excuse: They were younger in the prequel trilogy so they were stronger and faster and had better reflexes. Age eventually took its toll in the trilogy that followed. LOL

But yeah I get what you mean and I agree.

MAN, Kylo Ren is looking more and more like a cult leader with the black cloak in the new Force Awakens trailers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    ^ as long as the movies include lighsaber duels and 'the Force' it will be okay, with or without Lucas.
    The big draw in these movies, and what sets them apart from the likes of "Star Trek," is the Mysticism side of it.
    People like the Jedi and the Sith!

I'm more concerned about their planned "Han Solo" and "Rogue One" spin off films. Those seem to be shoot-em-up movies set in space without all the lightsaber and mystical stuffs. And I might as well just watch Star Trek if that's the case!
    Yes the prequels did had nice duels and all that but the problem with them was the screenplay writing which was quite weak, Lucas should had hired a better writer just like Empire and Jedi even though ANH did had wobbly writing but it worked.

Hope this one is well written since it has the original writer of Empire/Jedi back as co writer, Michael Arndt and JJ Abrahms. Well Han Solo spin-off origin movie sounds interesting on how he first became a smuggler.

The problem I see here now is what they plan to do with Finn. He’s been getting a lot of backlash from fans – presumably racist fans who don’t like the idea of a black leading character in Star Wars.

Google “John Boyega (the actor who plays Finn) Critics” and you get loads of results. The actor made a response some time ago that whether some fans like it or not, there is nothing they can do about it since he’s already in the movie. I partly agree with his thinking. We all know haters are still going to buy to watch the movie because they wanna see the other characters even though they may hate Finn.

But the problem I see here is this: Yes haters of Finn will still buy to watch the movie like I mentioned above because even though they hate him they’re still fans of Leia, Luke, Han Solo, Kylo Ren and etc. and they’re gonna buy to watch the movie mainly to see those other characters. But you see this whole “business” doesn’t just rely on the movie. There’s Toy merchandise, Games and so many other stuffs tied to the movie. Those are the other areas where “Finn haters” can and will retaliate on to affect sales. As toy stats are already showing, Finn action figures aren’t selling very much compared to other past Jedi action figures. In fact here in my area alone, you can go to the toy store and see shelves and shelves full of Finn figures that nobody’s buying. But put Kylo Ren there and it’s SOLD OUT within a day. And I’m not exaggerating.

So what are they gonna do with Finn from here on is a good question. Are they gonna push through with him as the ‘lead Jedi’ in this new trilogy? Or are they going to make adjustments and give him a ‘graceful exit’ in the next installment? Sales are on the line.

For the record I’m not a Finn hater. I’m just giving my opinion after coming across many articles online hating on Finn.

New Trailer

DARK STUFF

Thumbs up Re: Star Wars

Got my IMAX ticket for December 16!

Yes that's the 16th of December.

$11 USD.

Seems like there are new TV-spots popping up every day now. Number #12 and #13 popped up this morning.
    The official soundtrack list has also been leaked and if you wanna know the what the story will be like, then check out the list below but beware of SPOILERS! Lets just say the movie starts of with a BANG! and seems like we'll get to see Luke after all at the very end. Or maybe we'll see him.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...eals-spoilers/

I hope they turn Rey into a double-bladed lightsaber wielding Jedi!

I mean she's used to carrying a staff, and I'm sure if she trained to become a Jedi she would be carrying a double-bladed lightsaber similar to Darth Maul, except with blue blades of course! That would be cool as hell!
    It would almost really be like looking at a female Luke!

I hope they have something like that planned for her since I think she's signed on to be in the sequels too!

Mark Hamill reveals how Luke looks like in The Force Awakens and that he can in fact be seen in the trailers plenty of times.

Lucas -- being one of the first to have already seen the movie -- actually said he LIKED IT!

But let's not hype too much about what he said. Although it's a bit surprising. Well, what was he supposed to say in public anyway? If he said it was only 'okay' he would have come across to many as a sour grape. If he said it was 'bad,' people would have seen him as a sore loser who couldn't move on that he's no longer involved in the films. So personally I think for PR sake, he just had to say that he really liked it.

And also I'm trying not to get hyped as the movie nears. I don't want to precondition the mind to think it's 'very good' before walking into the theater. I just want to judge it fairly.

Chinese poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens deletes Chewbaka, shrinks Finn to an almost unnoticeable state, and enlarges both Han Solo and Leia.

Finn is growing ever more "unpopular" by the day.

Left: Chinese poster
    Right: US poster
    download.jpg

Just One Week To Go

I'm curious to see how modern day Neo-Nazis or the Fourth Reich (if such Reich does exist and operate underground as conspiracy theorists believe) inspire the "First Order" in the Force Awakens.

Star Wars have always been inspired by Nazi Germany as far as the Political aspect of things with the "Empire" and all that, and the Bible as far as the Spiritual side like the "Force."

There's been debate that Hitler didn't die in Berlin at the end of WWII. The body recovered they say was only a planted double.
    Which is very likely, because with the wealth he amassed during his reign, and the sheer number of connections that he had it would have been very easy to escape Germany during the final days of the war. Many people would want to help him.
    Furthermore, with his intelligence he would have prepared "backup plans" way before Germany's defeat. The theory of Hitler's escape makes sense. But that means he would have to operate "underground" from then on, without anyone outside ever knowing of his existence.

Is this the way the "First Order" was going to be built in Star Wars the Force Awakens?

Check out a new Chinese trailer! With a couple of new footage scenes that might be considered as SPOILERS.

Razor.
    The Nazis didn't go underground. They went to the dark side of the Moon!
    Here's proof of it!! It's an excellent movie!!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Found this toy photo online!!

I didn't read the article that comes with it as I believe it's spoiler-ish.

But man this photo of a official toy that Disney kept and didn't want to release and didn't want people to know of till the very, very last minute....

HELLL YESSS!!!

CV8XndyU8AAHRzv.jpg