Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Re: Star Wars

Hmm... Should I get the whole saga, or just the original trilogy...

Discuss.
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Default Re: Star Wars Episode VIII & Episode IX

Are Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Being Courted To Script ‘Star Wars’ Pics 2 and 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE FLEMING JR.
    EXCLUSIVE:
    Here’s some tantalizing dish to chew on before the Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. After hiring Michael Arndt to script the first installment of the relaunch of George Lucas’ Star Wars franchise, I’ve heard Disney has approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg and I believe it is to get the ball rolling on the subsequent installments mapped out by Lucas. Both of the scribes in question have franchise experience.

Kasdan scripted two of the original Star Wars films in the 1980 The Empire Strikes Back and the 1983 follow-up Return of the Jedi. He also scripted Raiders Of The Lost Ark for Lucas and Steven Spielberg. Kinberg’s franchise work: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming X-Men: Days Of Future Past which Bryan Singer will direct.

Disney’s $4 billion buy of George Lucas’ signature franchise certainly has stirred up passions from fans. I’m still feeling so let down by the last three films that I am not sure they can bring back the magic on the original trilogy, which was so groundbreaking for its time. But that time seems like a galaxy so far far away.

Back in the late 1970s, Star Wars set the bar for visual effects in science fiction. Doing that again is very difficult in the age of The Hobbit, The Dark Knight and Avatar. But Disney was certainly proven right when it spent the same money on Marvel, and already has made back much of that cash with The Avengers.

Disney plans to generate a film every other year starting in 2015. Getting great writers is the right way to relaunch Star Wars, and the studio got off to a good start hiring Star Wars fanatic Arndt to do the first installment. The studio has told me that they will not address speculation. Fair enough. But I’m going to go with my sources on this one and I would not be surprised if these guys sign on, or if they are already in the fold.

Default Re: Star Wars Episode VIII & Episode IX

Sources: Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg Lock Deals to Write and Produce 'Star Wars' Installments
    The pair will write either Episode VIII or Episode IX — their exact division of responsibilities is yet to be determined — and they will also come aboard to produce the films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    Even under the secrecy of a Jedi mind trick, certain secrets — like the plans for a Death Star — can still spill out.

Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have closed deals to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The pair will write either Episode VIII or Episode IX -- their exact division of responsibilities is yet to be determined -- and also will come aboard to produce the films.

As THR previously reported, Oscar winner Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine) is writing the script for Episode VII, the first of the new trilogy and the first Star Wars film to be made without the hands-on input of creator George Lucas.

Kasdan and Kinberg would join Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy as producers.

Word of Kasdan and Kinsberg's involvement began spilling out Tuesday, but Disney and Lucasfilm are declining to comment. Official announcements regarding the new Star Wars will appear on StarWars.com, according to the studio.

Kasdan is a Lucasfilm and Star Wars vet. He co-wrote 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back, still considered the movie series’ zenith, as well as 1983’s Return of the Jedi. He also wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Kinberg is co-writing the new X-Men movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past and was a producer on X-Men: First Class. He also is producing Cinderella for Disney.

Kasdan is repped by CAA and attorney Robert Marshall at Greenberg Glusker; Kinberg is repped by CAA and attorney Karl Austen at Jackoway Tyerman.
    Star Wars Weekends 2010- Stars Of The Saga- Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary Messages

Having good scripts is always a good start. Now they just have to find directors who can turn good scripts into great movies.

Star Wars: How Writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Will Expand the Galaxy
    Sources tell THR that each will write separate projects, not necessarily "Episode 8" and "Episode 9" -- a plan similar to Marvel's movies around "The Avengers."
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    This story first appeared in the Dec. 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

The post-George Lucas Star Wars universe slowly is taking shape. Soon after it was announced Oct. 30 that Disney would acquire Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion, it was revealed that Oscar winner Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine) had written a 40- to 50-page treatment for the new trilogy and would be writing the script for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Then reports emerged the week of Nov. 19 that The Empire Strikes Back’s Lawrence Kasdan (CAA, Greenberg Glusker) and Sherlock Holmes’ Simon Kinberg (CAA, Jackoway Tyerman) would be writing and producing Episode VIII and Episode IX, even as Disney and Lucasfilm refused to confirm their top-secret plans.

But now insiders tell THR that while Kasdan and Kinberg have indeed been hired to work on the Star Wars franchise, they will be writing separate projects (hence the reason why they also would receive producer credits), not necessarily Episode VIII and Episode IX.

Their scripts could turn into official “Episodes” in the main Skywalker storyline, or they could form the basis for spinoffs focusing on side characters. Disney CEO Robert Iger said the goal is to release a Star Wars movie “every two to three years,” and some could easily focus on other pieces of the expansive mythos (similar to Marvel’s Avengers universe). Disney and Lucasfilm declined comment.

Looks like the first one the get a own movie will be Yoda. I'm not too over excited about these spin-off movies, but as a Star Wars fan I'll most likely go and see them anyway at the movie theaters...

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/yoda-solo-film/

Default Re: Star Wars Origins?

I really hope Harrison Ford gets the call to do the Young Han Solo movie. I can't see any other actor to play Han. So what if Harrison is like 89 or something. Everybody knows what kind of magic the people at ILM can do. A little Photoshop at post-production and the mother#x¤&#% will look like he's 30!

Harrison Ford may return to play Han Solo in Episode VII!!
    According to some sources, he has only one demand before signing the contract. Han Solo has to die in Episode VII!! If Solo doesn't die, then Ford won't come back. Personally I don't care if Solo would die. If he dies, hope they kill him off in a cool way.
    Here's the story:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...=entertainment

Carrie Fisher confirms that she'll be back as Leia in Star Wars Episode: VII!!
    Now we need to wait for the confirmation of Luke and Solo as well and we're game on.

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/06/...rs-episode-vii

OK. So Carrie Fisher made a joke. She won't be back as Leia...
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/carri...test-originals

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    OK. So Carrie Fisher made a joke.

That's the second time she's "joking around" about her involvement in the movie. You're pushing 60, Fisher. Leave the kiddie jokes to Bieber and the other kids in the biz. Be more serious about this.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Is she or isn't she joking? Because George Lucas says that they're all pretty much back: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2828336.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    That's the second time she's "joking around" about her involvement in the movie. You're pushing 60, Fisher. Leave the kiddie jokes to Bieber and the other kids in the biz. Be more serious about this.
    Actually I don't think she is joking. Both times when she said she'll be part of Episode 7, a representative says that she's joking. Not she. Knowing Fisher's temper I think she's pretty honest but the reps are trying to do damage control.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Actually I don't think she is joking. Both times when she said she'll be part of Episode 7, a representative says that she's joking. Not she.

The manager/representative, who is basically the public voice of the celebrity, will never say something that will damage the image of his/her client. No one wins from that. Clearly Fisher is enjoying her moment in the spotlight and she's doing her best to milk it. Thing is, the way she milks it is not the right one. Look at Mark Hamill - the man knows what to say, how to say it and when to say it. Fisher can learn a thing or two from him.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Is she or isn't she joking? Because George Lucas says that they're all pretty much back: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2828336.html
    What does Lucas know if they are coming back or not? Star Wars isn't his baby anymore remember? He sold it to Disney and is probably enjoying the $4.5 billion that he got from the deal on some paradise island. I don't think he has anything to say about who's gonna get cast in the movie or not. He's just totally out of the picture when it comes to Episode VII. The only place where his name is gonna be in the opening credits is where it says "Based on characters made by George Lucas".

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    What does Lucas know if they are coming back or not? Star Wars isn't his baby anymore remember? He sold it to Disney and is probably enjoying the $4.5 billion that he got from the deal on some paradise island. I don't think he has anything to say about who's gonna get cast in the movie or not. He's just totally out of the picture when it comes to Episode VII. The only place where his name is gonna be in the opening credits is where it says "Based on characters made by George Lucas".
    Did you read the article?

We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what’s going on,'"
    Notice the first person pronouns. Just because he sold the franchise to Disney doesn't mean he's not completely out of the picture. He could be around as some sort of unofficial consultant, using his influence for certain things...like getting the original cast back together.

http://youtu.be/CnYeeYmT4tI

Singing sand dunes in the Sahara.
    Pretty smart.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Did you read the article?

Notice the first person pronouns. Just because he sold the franchise to Disney doesn't mean he's not completely out of the picture. He could be around as some sort of unofficial consultant, using his influence for certain things...like getting the original cast back together.
    Yeah yeah, I read the article. I was just messing with you.
    Everybody who knows anything about Star Wars knows that even when Lucas has sold it to Disney, he won't abandon his baby that he has lived his entire life with. Of course he'll be somehow involved in Episode VII. Officially or unofficially.

So The Rock wants to be in it, apparently. What do you guys think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2947996.html

So The Rock wants to be in it, apparently. What do you guys think?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2947996.html
    The Rock can be in any movie he wants.

He's that much of a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    The Rock can be in any movie he wants.

He's that much of a badass.
    That's what I was thinking.

It could be any role for all I care. Jedi, general, smuggler, or just a badass who's just there because he's a badass.

Bleeding Cool:
    Official: Godzilla’s Gareth Edwards And After Earth’s Gary Whitta Creating First Star Wars Spin-Off Movie
    Here’s the full press release from Lucasfilm.

Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta Onboard for Star Wars Stand-Alone Film
    May 22, 2014

In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year’s smash hit Godzilla.

“Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life – join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, “From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I’m still pinching myself.”

THR:
    'Star Wars' Spinoff Hires 'Godzilla' Director Gareth Edwards (Exclusive)
    Gary Whitta is writing the script for the movie, which is set for release on Dec. 16, 2016.