Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Re: Star Wars

Wanna know a really good idea? Star Wars on Blu-Ray.

SW will come to BD in 2012 with Titanic of course.

From the NY Times:
    ‘Star Wars’ Films Coming to Blu-ray Next Year
    Mr. Lucas said the versions of the first three “Star Wars” films – “Star Wars,” “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi” – included in the Blu-ray boxed set will be the special-edition releases that were shown theatrically in 1997 and digitally restored for a 2004 standard-definition DVD boxed set.

Perhaps bracing for the reactions of fans who decried some of the changes made to the special-edition films – like, say, an exchange of gunfire between Han Solo and a certain green-skinned bounty hunter – Mr. Lucas said that to release the original versions of these films on Blu-ray was “kind of an oxymoron because the quality of the original is not very good.”

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see Star Wars in the theater. Only because I only saw ROTS in the theater and the others only on DVD. The 3D just makes it that much more interesting to go see, 'cause Lucasfilm won't settle for the sh*tty 3D. (I hope.)

I cant wait for the Live action TV Series! But I heard that they're having a few financial troubles with producing the episodes below 50 million.

From Blastr:
    Star Wars live action TV show shelved because it costs too much

From MTV:
    'Star Wars' Live-Action TV Series In A Holding Pattern, Says George Lucas

From 24 Frames:
    'Star Wars' and 'Titanic' 3-D: How much is too much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Zeitchik
    "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" will be released sometime in the first four months of the 2012 with as little as four or five weeks separating it and the revamped DiCaprio-fest, according to those familiar with plans for "Star Wars" who asked not to be named because they had not been authorized to speak on Lucas' behalf.

Some of the reports about "Star Wars" in 3-D left the impression that Lucas and his Industrial Light and Magic were committing to six films in the new dimension. But the sources with knowledge of the plans said the 3-D conversion would happen one film at a time, not all at once, which means that in effect there's no hard commitment beyond "Phantom Menace." If that film's release doesn't hit box-office thresholds, Lucas could theoretically defer or scrap his plans.

It's understandable why he might: The conversion process won't be cheap, and unlike Cameron, Lucas is footing the bill himself. At 796 minutes of running time, the entire six films will cost about $80 million to convert even at the conservative estimate of $100,000 per minute. Chump change for Lucas, perhaps, but still not a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    I cant wait for the Live action TV Series! But I heard that they're having a few financial troubles with producing the episodes below 50 million.
    Me too but it it sucks that it would cost too much money too make. I can't wait for the blu-Rays, i do own the non-screwed with original versions on laserdisc and DVD as well as the special edition DVD Boxsets with the prequels.

I'm kinda looking forward to these.

Ep1 ~ 3D Jar Jar...no thanks,I'll take the 3D pod race instead.

Jar Jar sucks but the pod racing would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Jar Jar sucks but the pod racing would be sweet.
    Pod Racing, any scenes that are in space, and Light-saber fights would be cool in 3D.

Would Love to Empire Strikes Back in 3D!

I will probably see the old ones in 3D, but not the new ones, because they suck. Maybe revenge of the sith.

Everything else has already been sayed by this guy: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/...s-3d-rerelease

Me and my Lovely fiance will have to go see this ^^
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Me and my Lovely fiance will have to go see this ^^
    Hey, Swifty. . .Finace? Is this new news or old news? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Hey, Swifty. . .Finace? Is this new news or old news? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Yes! Me too. Fiance'e?

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    So do I! I wanna know!!
    Don't expect everyone to always agree with you

Isn't it funny how one small word like "fiance" is enough to completely derail an entire discussion thread about Star Wars?

Psst, come to the Randoms thread and leave Star Wars alone
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

I"m still excited that SW is coming to Blu-Ray.

From AICN:
    STAR WARS Sequel Trilogy rumors kick up again...
    Hey folks, Harry here watching Garrett Gilbert pretty much destroy my will to watch Longhorn football as the Chris Simms clone continues to be a total clusterfuck. Anyway... While watching and tweeting, someone mentioned the below IESB story about a 3rd STAR WARS Trilogy, to be delivered after the 3D STAR WARS re-releases. This is not new. This has ALWAYS been George's plan. Remember last year at this time of the year? When George called it Malarky? Every source I have at Lucasfilm has continually stated that the plan is to do a third STAR WARS trilogy taking place after RETURN OF THE JEDI. But you have to realize - that talking about it, is going to make it miserable waiting for. It is DOWN THE ROAD. The only time it'll be truly exciting to talk about, is when sets officially get built, when Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford & Mark Hamill get signed to come back, and it is for real. Right now, it is just a plan. A far off plan - and plans can and do change, but it will happen when George is ready - We're all hoping that new directors will be brought in that are visionary directors. This will happen. BUT between now and then, you'll continue to hear people like Lucas, McCallum and Sansweet deny and call all such rumors as our right fabrications. That is standard Lucasfilm procedure. BECAUSE - until they're ready to announce, it does not exist. SO - I suppose it does not exist, but it will.

Here's the latest purported scoop!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Man, i hope this is true.

The Blu-Rays set for Sept '11 release ,pre-orders available...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-b...eptember-2011/

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE THE MOST ANTICIPATED BLU-RAY RELEASE IN THE GALAXY IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR WORLDWIDE PRE-ORDER STARTING TODAY

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 6, 2011) – The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever – the Star Wars™ Saga – emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas’ epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

20th Century Fox Home Video announced at CES that three Star Wars Blu-ray sets will be available in September 2011:

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.
    Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial Stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing “The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor.”

“The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format,” Dunn said. “The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray.”

“With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish,” said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. “And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible.”

“The Star Wars franchise has been one of the most anticipated Blu-ray releases by Amazon’s customers,” said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon. “We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong.”

With the Saga being released to theaters in 3D before long,next we will have 3D Blu-Rays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    The Blu-Rays set for Sept '11 release ,pre-orders available...
    It's about freakin' time!!!

About time SW hits High def for i shall get it