Thread: Nine years...

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Nine years...

911.jpg

I dedicate this topic to those that lost their lives in this horrific event.

May they rest in peace...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: Nine years...

So long ago already, but I remember where I was and what I was doing almost like it was only yesterday.

In College, during a short class break, found out by going into the cafe to get something to eat. It was on the TV, but hardly anyone was in there, those who were there was busy working, with only a handful of other students around the tv. It was actually oddly calm and quietly "normal". But I knew something just wasn't quite right. Why was everyone so calm? It was obviously kind of a big deal to me... I don't know, maybe they didn't quite understand what was happing at that point and just dismissed it cause they had things to do...

Went back to my class and I remember saying something like "I'm not really sure what's going on yet, but I think we may have just gone to war with someone. It sounds like NYC was just attacked."

It was a computer class/lab, and everyone then jumped onto the web to find out what was going on. Even still were were all kinda shocked and confused. No one really knew anything by that point, it had just happened a few minutes before we took our break.

So we eventually resumed our class, not really knowing what else to do.Once again it was oddly "normal" but everyone's brain was of course distracted, and was wanting to know more.

After that the message went around campus that classes were canceled for the rest of the day.

I was on the musician Moby's forums (which he no longer has anymore at all). Someone was talking about it and I thought they were joking, so I turned the TV on in time for the second plane to hit. It's the only time in my life were I literally felt like things could not be real, because they were so crazy.

I had a friend named Dave who worked in NY and I was very afraid for him. It was sometime later that night (around 10 or so) that I was able to find out that he was okay, but before that, I didn't know where he was and that really bothered me.

Watched the TV until that afternoon and then went with sister to a local town and bought a CD (I think it was the soundtrack for the first Tomb Raider movie...that soundtrack made me into a U2 fan). I remember a few days later waking up in the middle of the night, because of a flash of light outside my window. I thought something bad was happening.

It took me years to be able to watch the news again. I'd enter the room, see the news on and leave. I just couldn't handle it. I still can't watch footage of what happened, either. And a few months after 9/11, my depression problems started. Dunno if that's a coincidence or not (will never know).

I know how you feel, i was scared that day as i couldn't go to work on that day. I guess most places were closed on that day including shopping malls where i live in my city.

Thank god i don't have relatives living there.

A dear friend of mines brother was lost on the plane that went down in PA.. another person I knew worked at the Pentagon... I live outside of NYC.. and where I was living at that time was on an airport route... you learn flight patterns and I saw the 2nd plane turn and head down the Hudson..and thought it was odd.... not even 10 minutes later....

Also my husband.. ( who wasnt at the time).. was there. A couple buildings over...saw everything..experienced everything.

I used to love the NYC skyline.. but dont anymore.. its not the same... and on the nights they light up the memorial... I can see it on my drive to work.
    Jazz: "We're not Gods...We're just fancy machines" The God Gambit

I was a junior in high school when it happened. I was coming in from morning marching band practice when this guy that lied about everything said something about it. I didn't really listen and went to French class. In the middle of class, the Spanish teacher ran in and told us to turn on the TV. One of the towers had already fallen. I couldn't believe it. Then came news that the Pentagon was hit and I was scared out of my mind. I don't have any family in New York, but I had to find everyone I knew to make sure they were okay. The rest of the day was weird. Classes were put on hold to help those that were disturbed and everyone had the TV on. Even the ones in the cafeteria were on. All of us were confused.

Mom still can't wait footage of the second plane hitting. She was alone in the house when she saw it happen on TV. She's been traumatized ever since.

It's because of those evil people that we had to go to war. It's because of them that my cousin was sent to Afghanistan. It's because of them that he was killed. I have nothing but hate for the men that made 9/11 happen. May they burn in hell.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

My prayers go out to those who lost their lives and those who lost their families and friends. Hope we'll one day be able to make the world grow out of the confusion, not by force but by tolerance and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    My prayers go out to those who lost their lives and those who lost their families and friends. Hope we'll one day be able to make the world grow out of the confusion, not by force but by tolerance and understanding.
    Amen to that, Sora. The world has never been the same since that day, and perhapes it'll never be the same again.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

in the barn looking after the llamas! +_+

i was in still primary school when it happened.
    i think it came on tv around 9:00 -10:00 oclock
    at night. i cant remember how old i was and i cant
    be stuffed doing the maths. i was going to watch something
    on the ABC with my dad when it changed to the twin towers
    just in time for the second plane to hit. my dad called my mum
    into the room from the kitchen and we stayed up till 2 am watching
    the tv. my mum thought someone had delclaired war on America!
    i prayed this morning when i got up. that he would have murcy
    on those who lost family members by making their lives
    just a little bit easier some how.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alASw1GdaL4
    most beautiful thing i have ever seen!

It was such a tragic event. Something none of us will never forget no matter where u lived around the world everyone was touched and affected by that horrific event. My prayers go to all the families and friends that were affected and i hope no WISH that one day the world will be in peace.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

I had just gotten off work at 7am and went home. I did something I didn't normally do and still don't usually do,I turned on the TV. Usually I might go straight to the computer,do some cleaning ,fix breakfast or whatnot. That day as soon as I walked in and shut the door the TV came on. At first it seemed sort of surreal so I didn't know what to make of it. Then as I changed the channel and it was on every channel that is when it hit hard,that it was real and really happening.

I was getting ready to train two new employees that day and was watching TV getting ready for work when I saw it. I was stunned and saddened.

About a day later, I heard from a friend who works as an acting coach in NYC. He usually walked through the buildings on his way to work, but for some reason that morning, he took a detour. I am so glad he did. He still lives and works in NYC.
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!