Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update: Transformers 3 is in 3D

Default Re: Update: Transformers 3 is in 3D

as you said Micheal you are doing something no one eles has done before even though 3d movies arent so new. you changing it in away that give new ideas. these new ideas are what make directors people never to be forgotten... Lets hope it makes you one of them... and good luck on the movie

Banned

Im excited to see this movie in 3D and to see how Bay will one up all other 3D movies and take 3D to the next level... but I for one really hope this 3D thing dies out again soon. I cant stand that every f-ing movie coming out now is in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Im excited to see this movie in 3D and to see how Bay will one up all other 3D movies and take 3D to the next level... but I for one really hope this 3D thing dies out again soon. I cant stand that every f-ing movie coming out now is in 3D.
    It's definitely a fad. I too hope it dies the death it deserves. Because soon, there will be 3D exclusives with companies, like how Avatar 3D will ONLY be with a purchase of a Panasonic 3D tv....total bs and consumers will realize it's a money raker and not everyone enjoys it.

but none the less, of course one of the viewings of TF3 for me will be in 3D. just to see how good it is.

i must say that watching sports in 3D is off the hook! this movie will beat avatar..ive never seen avatar n 3D. MB is an extremely skilled director and those people who keep dissin him about the movie being in 3D are losers anyway..movies are infact "make believe" some of you on here take this stuff too seriously. MB can take anything and make it exciting. if u dont want to see it in 3D dont watch it..plain n simple!

Did you know 3D is nothing new? it's been around since the 50's but the old school stuff wasn't advanced yet or didn't had the time or technology to get it right since it was red and blue. Did you believe it use to be a rare thing in the 50's, a few in the 60's and 70's and a small bit in the 80's like Jaws 3D or Friday The 13th part 3D as now it's everywhere? Did you know that House of Wax in 1953 with Vincent Price was the first 3D movie?

But Shadow did you think Avatar did 3D right? James Cameron intended the film to be in 3D in the first place but didn't had the right technology to do it right since 1999, but thanks to Beowulf in 3D which worked brilliantly he did it.

No, the "real" 3D that we see today is something completely different from the old 3D. Also, the best 3D technics (that some other movies now use, too) where developed only for Avatar.

is it a bit harsh mb calling the poster a moron? maybe he just got hes facts wrong about the 3d. the poster got different info and came to a conclusion

we dont call tay or shadow morons because they get something wrong do we?

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    is it a bit harsh mb calling the poster a moron?
    No. Screenrant's report was completely inaccurate, based on some guy saying some stuff in an audio interview. Yet, they rigorously defended their journalistic integrity and continued to do so even after several people went, "Dude, there were cameras on the set and here's a PICTURE of one of those cameras on the set." But they were like "no, we're journalists! Conclusions we jumped to based on Some Guy Saying Some Stuff are pure facts!" Even though the studio, the director, people actually on the set, and all the press reports up to that moment said the opposite.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

You would probably have sayed the same about movies in color.

Journalists are morons.

Hi Michael thanks for the update, bit of a strange request, I have emailed the webmaster with the info, hope you do read it if only to reply saying no! But if so good luck with the 3rd film can't wait.

Hope you read my request sent to the webmaster, thanks.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    You would probably have sayed the same about movies in colour.
    OMG! r u serious! tf3 will be in colour?? moar awsome

Did you know in 1955 Alfred Hitchcock tackled on a 3D movie himself called "Dial M For Murder"? even the 1955 horror classic "Creature from The Black Lagoon" was in 3D, it's a fact and i'm a film expert.

Does anyone remember the Michael Jackson Disneyland/Disneyworld 3D attraction movie "Captain EO"? i did going to Disneyland when i was 7 and 11 to Disneyworld when i was 14. That had some better advanced 3D than the older ones as 3D was still evolving, MuppetVision 3D which is still at both parks ruled and so did Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Did you know in 1955 Alfred Hitchcock tackled on a 3D movie himself called "Dial M For Murder"? even the 1955 horror classic "Creature from The Black Lagoon" was in 3D, it's a fact and i'm a film expert.

Does anyone remember the Michael Jackson Disneyland/Disneyworld 3D attraction movie "Captain EO"? i did going to Disneyland when i was 7 and 11 to Disneyworld when i was 14. That had some better advanced 3D than the older ones as 3D was still evolving, MuppetVision 3D which is still at both parks ruled and so did Honey I Shrunk the Audience.
    BTW< today is the anniversary of Captain EO opening at Disneyland in 1986.
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

I know, i was at Disneyland back in 88 at 7 and 12 seeing Captain EO. Now that was an amazing 3D experience that improved old school 3D as it was evolving to the 3D we see today.

I'm glad they'll put Captain EO back in Disneyland and Disneyworld, oh speaking of which i went to Disneyworld at 14 as that was there too. Muppetvision is still amazing stuff as i went to Disneyland/Universal Hollywood for Halloween last year, it's just as cool as ever.

I saw the sixth Nightmare on Elm Street movie called "Freddy's Dead" when i was 10 years old which came out on this date in 1991 and i thought the climax was just fucking spectacular.

havnt been on the forum in a while. last i read michael said he was not sold on the 3d yet. i respect any choice he makes but i hope its on 2d also. im not into the 3d fad yet
    I still want one of those "giant fucking robots are coming" shirts!

Well Jason, you are aware that 3D has been since the 50's and there were 3 fads mainly the 50's, the early 80's and the big boom right?

Anyone been to Muppetvision 3D in Disneyland and Disneyworld? that was amazing.

Yes the 3D is around since the 50-s but the technology evolved hugely since then. It's like the car industry. The first cars are since around 1800s but you don't compare them with today's high tech vehicles. Right?

Preciously, i remembered a few 3D movies in the 90's as a teenager especially Freddy's Dead when i was 10 years old when it came out in theaters in 3D, it was still evolving.

3D has been around longer than the 50s. Its been around since about the 1890s. The earliest 3D film is considered to be around 1922.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Who is this moron posting about what I'm shooting with??? People have no idea how hard we have worked to bring 3D filming into live action shooting. We have invented rigs and systems to place 3d cameras like no other live action movie has done before. The proof will be noticed on the final product.

Michael
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...e-fake-3d.html
    You said it seemed like fake 3D. Obviosly will give "a try" to the systems and rigs that you have created 'cause if your action movies are really well done (and the zenit comes with TF's saga) i doubt i would be angry with the final product (even paying 3 plus the ticket), but half of the audience are not here to know that "suddenly" you changed your idea.
    Try to understand it and not stating people who thought this as a "moron".

No, the "real" 3D that we see today is something completely different from the old 3D. Also, the best 3D technics (that some other movies now use, too) where developed only for Avatar.
    If the best 3D technics were developed for Avatar, I hope "the Bay system" is better. That was a fucking shit. And since then i haven't seen another movie in 3D version.

Well Aldarius, then you should go check your eyes, they are probably shit.

I think 3D is here to stay especially with sports sky in the UK are now showing football(soccer) and cricket in 3D as for movies It may fade in theaters but you can bet they will convert to 3D for home entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarius View Post
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_...e-fake-3d.html
    You said it seemed like fake 3D. Obviosly will give "a try" to the systems and rigs that you have created 'cause if your action movies are really well done (and the zenit comes with TF's saga) i doubt i would be angry with the final product (even paying 3 plus the ticket), but half of the audience are not here to know that "suddenly" you changed your idea.
    Try to understand it and not stating people who thought this as a "moron".

He was talking about post conversion in from some place in India.

Moron is meant for people who have no idea what they're talking about and start rumors.

Well Aldarius, then you should go check your eyes, they are probably shit.
    Call it funny, but few years ago I saw a Serengeti documentary in 3D using a system called Omni-Max (half-circular screen, like 180 screen), and this technique was more sense of immersion than the other system with a cardboard glasses IMAX-3D or that granny glasses for Avatar.
    I guess that would refer Michael when he mentioned it looked like fake 3D. You took off the glasses for Avatar and I were able to see the movie almost perfectly.