Thread: Spielberg and company to do live-action Ghost in The Shell movie.

Default Spielberg and company to do live-action Ghost in The Shell movie.

Here's the scoop:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/15/...l-movie-in-3d/

Sounds good eh? I'm a huge fan of GITS since i saw it in early 96 at the age of 14 turning 15 in one of the Albuquerque city's theaters since i was an Japanese animated fan since 14 starting with Vampire Hunter D and Akira including watching Ranma 1/2. The original movie is such a unique masterpiece of Sci-fi and animation that it's a big fave among directors like James Cameron, Michael Bay, Jonathan Mostow, Zack Snyder, Guillermo Del Toro, Steven Spielberg and many more hollywood filmmakers.

The original movie inspired The Matrix, some parts of Surrogates, some parts of The Island, some parts of Avatar, Minority Report and more. Who thinks this could pull off? i want Ron Perlman for Batou while Ashley Green is hot enough for Motoko Kusanagi the sexy female cyborg leader in live-action.

Default Re: Spielberg and company to do live-action Ghost in The Shell movie.

Comics Alliance:
    ‘Project 2501′ Working To Recreate ‘Ghost In The Shell’ Title Sequence Shot-For-Shot [NSFW]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sims
    Even back before manga and anime exploded (or E X P L O D Ed, as the case may be) and became as widely available as they are today, Masaume Shirow‘s Ghost In The Shell and Mamoru Oshii‘s anime adaptation were considered to be true high points of the cyberpunk genre around the world. It’s one of the most well known franchises in the entirety of anime, producing multiple sequels and influencing films like The Matrix.

Obviously, it’s going to have a pretty dedicated fanbase, and now, a group of artists and filmmakers have gotten together to produce a live-action fan-film adaptation of the original Ghost In The Shell anime’s title sequence, reproducing it shot-for-shot. Check out a NSFW video of the process behind the recreation below!
    Project 2501 http://www.gits2501.com/

Who else saw the teasers?