Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reports - Woman hurt on TF3 set

Default Re: Reports - Woman hurt on TF3 set

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    A pilot got hurt, not died in Pearl Harbor.
    Oh, sorry.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Here we go, I knew this would happen. The media is blowing this so out of proportion.

Deadline,

"SO many things against industry standards, don't know where to start! Bay should be starting to sweat right about now. 30yrs of motion pictures and never seen stunts fuck up this bad."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/tran...n-her-own-car/

B,

You missed the first part of her quote of the confidential informant,

"I received this email from a confidential informant: "An extra doing stunts in her own car with a tow rig?"

First clue should be that a confidential informant would not react with a question. They would already know about what was going on. Once again "journalism" is able to mislead readers with gossip rather than a legit source.

And quite honestly people will believe what the media tells them no matter what Mike says.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Listen, why don't people see if there is anything they can do for the Woman hurt? Send card or something? No, not Transformers shit. That's where everyone's energy needs to go.

Michael Bay is a grown-up and can take are of himself. Let's just wait for the facts to come out.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    Listen, why don't people see if there is anything they can do for the Woman hurt? Send card or something? No, not Transformers shit. That's where everyone's energy needs to go.
    You can't yet. Maybe when she's conscious and out of the ICU. Naturally, the hospital does not want her to be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    Again, I don't know, but that's why having a professional stunt driver possibly wouldn't have made a difference (response to the post further above). Her car may not have even been moving.

Ed Fuego
    The difference would be that a professional stunt driver WILLINGLY ACCEPTS danger as part of his/her daily job. He/She knows the risks, and knows his/her check could be cashed at any point on the job. This poor girl didn't bargain for this, and could have no conceivable clue of the risks. She was just high on being in a movie, her dreams were coming true, until someone came up with this ill conceived plan. In regards to other deaths on other sets... Nolan et al... Those were all people involved in the production, and therefore reasonably well informed of the risks and the stakes since they likely had a hand in planning. If professionals get killed it's one thing, they knew it was risky when they signed on, when some fresh faced young girl with dreams of Hollywood gets her head slashed open its another thing entirely.

Accidents DO happen, but if this had happened to a stuntperson, it would have been a little less impactful.

Well, or course I understand that part of it. But still, people need to relax.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    You can't yet. Maybe when she's conscious and out of the ICU. Naturally, the hospital does not want her to be disturbed.

Good point. What's considered appropriate, in this situaiton? Would it seem insincere if fans set her a swarm of cards once she's out of her ICU?

Quote Originally Posted by T. Van Dyke View Post
    Good point. What's considered appropriate, in this situaiton? Would it seem insincere if fans set her a swarm of cards once she's out of her ICU?
    I don't know. People really love getting mail, generally and small gifts, flowers, bears - if they're nondescript can be shared throughout the hospital if there's a tremendous lot of it. There's a Ronald McDonald house nearby so there must be a bustling pediatric ward.

Someone might may a formal announcement in the future regarding this so I'd wait for that.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBad View Post
    Accidents DO happen, but if this had happened to a stuntperson, it would have been a little less impactful.

Human life is a human life. Period.

There's no such thing as a "less impactful accident". And every time you see a picture or a video of a Bay set or any other set for that matter, all people there, all of them, know that there's always a chance of something going wrong. They all know it, and this woman knew it.

It's ridiculous to think, even for a second, that she was not aware that they were shooting a dangerous action scene involving real cars.

This poor girl didn't bargain for this, and could have no conceivable clue of the risks.

When you join a movie like "Transformers", you know that there's always a risk.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

The difference would be that a professional stunt driver WILLINGLY ACCEPTS danger as part of his/her daily job. He/She knows the risks, and knows his/her check could be cashed at any point on the job. This poor girl didn't bargain for this, and could have no conceivable clue of the risks. She was just high on being in a movie, her dreams were coming true, until someone came up with this ill conceived plan. In regards to other deaths on other sets... Nolan et al... Those were all people involved in the production, and therefore reasonably well informed of the risks and the stakes since they likely had a hand in planning. If professionals get killed it's one thing, they knew it was risky when they signed on, when some fresh faced young girl with dreams of Hollywood gets her head slashed open its another thing entirely.

You have no evidence of an "ill-concieved plan". None.

I would be surprised if a safety briefing wasn't conducted with all the people who would be anywhere near the filming; probably for anyone within a particular radius of the action.

And given what I think likely happened, being a freak accident, it's possible we could be talking about a stunt person having been injured. It could have been anybody. But, who it is, or what the person did for a living, does not make any less tragic. I completely disagree with your opinion that it makes it less impactful.

And I'm willing to bet that she DID have some knowledge of the concievable risks; if she didn't, than I WOULD be of the opinion that the filmmakers had not taken necessary precautions. But we don't know, so that's complete conjecture on my part either way. And it's important to realize that, and therefore temper statements about whose to blame or what might have prevented it.

It is absolutely horrible that this happened, and I feel horrible for the young woman most, but also for everyone else involved.

But placing blame on anyone at this point is irresponsible. It does nothing to help the situation, and human factors research tells us that in such situations, when accidents of any size occur, jumping to conclusions actually makes it harder for anyone to understand (or in our case, as outsiders, accept) what really happened.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/tran...n-her-own-car/

Paramount just weighed in with me to say that the injured extra was not involved in the stunt, that her car was not involved in the stunt, that a "freak accident caused her injury", that she and her car were more than 500 feet from the stunt, that she was struck by a flying metal object whose welding had come apart and not by a steel towing cable, that the stunt from Tuesday had to be repeated Wednesday because of a "timing issue" and not because it had failed, and that "nobody has done movies more safely than Michael Bay". The studio, however, could not explain why its version of events was so at odds with the local police and media reports. "We feel horrible that anyone was injured and will take all appropriate action," a Paramount exec told me.

To superficial people, yes, it may be less "impactful."

nelson do you have any info about the woman's state? Still praying for her...
    Don't expect everyone to always agree with you

That raises even more questions then answers. It at least shows the media who is bad mouthing Bay and the crew knows as much about the case as the rest of us, which is nothing at all. Their 'news' reports is based more on assumptions then facts.

I can't say too much because I signed a NDA on set but I was a extra with my car during filming on Tuesday the day before the accident. I was a part of the exact same stunt that was re-shot on Wednesday due to timing issues causing the shot to fail the day before. They spent hours preparing for it and I had a front row seat and can tell you while it seemed very dangerous, Bay himself was checking with certain drivers including myself to see if we felt comfortable being close to the action. They seemed to take great care to make sure we all were are safe as possible before filming began. It is a terrible accident and I pray for her and her family but I do not think this was in any way negligence on the crews part.

Well first and foremost no matter much work is put into safety and no matter how many times something is check it can still fail. The only reason this made news is the fact it was the failure resulted in a extra being injured, sadly I believe had it been a professional stunt person the odds of it making the news go down a lot.

Now that said I wish the gal a full recovery and no permanent effects from this unfortunate event.

I would also hope the powers behind the movie cover the gals medical bills (which they may have already said they would but the word has yet to get out). I'm also sure what happened in being investigated buy not only local law enforcement but maybe even OSHA since it was a movie set so I would think they have something to do with safety on them as well.

All we really know is something went wrong, an extra was injured badly given she had brain surgery but is looking like she'll recover but to what degree is unknown as is what actually happened.

Though if what Billyripkin has said is true which isn't much because of the whole NDA they are under but offers a little insight shows to me at least that Bay and co checked everything before hand and even asked if the folks felt safe doing whatever the stunt entailed shows care and caution was taken before hand.

Again until we get a clearer picture all we are doing is guessing based on what we read which isn't a lot and how accurate etc is another question as well.

Again I wish the gal a speedy and full recovery

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyripkin View Post
    I can't say too much because I signed a NDA on set but I was a extra with my car during filming on Tuesday the day before the accident. I was a part of the exact same stunt that was re-shot on Wednesday due to timing issues causing the shot to fail the day before. They spent hours preparing for it and I had a front row seat and can tell you while it seemed very dangerous, Bay himself was checking with certain drivers including myself to see if we felt comfortable being close to the action. They seemed to take great care to make sure we all were are safe as possible before filming began. It is a terrible accident and I pray for her and her family but I do not think this was in any way negligence on the crews part.

Thank you for sharing this, Billy.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Billyripkin View Post
    Thanks Billy!

See! I knew it M.B. is always like that, look at the behind the scenes vids on dvd's,he's always like that, he doesnt want ppl to get hurt, if media makes him the black sheep then US journalists really f-ing sucks, thats not even journalism then! im so glad journalists dont act like that here, maybe in the UK they do but not here.

Billy do you extra's also sign a contract that sais if you get hurt the studio will cover it? or is it your own problem when it happens?

is there a big online card we can sign? use one for pg and sora too

id like more clear news on what happened and how she is doing!

Where you gonna send it to?

We can make a facebook page for her and all write something on there.

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post
    is there a big online card we can sign? use one for pg and sora too

id like more clear news on what happened and how she is doing!

Thats a very nice gesture CB thanks.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

It's sad to see that journalism has always been about a GREAT story rather than presenting the public with the truth and the facts of a particular situation.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Quote Originally Posted by Primes_Girl81 View Post
    It's sad to see that journalism has always been about a GREAT story rather than presenting the public with the truth and the facts of a particular situation.
    That is really sad :/ here they tell us what they know even if its half of the story but they tell us "well get back on that when we know more", but they tell us when new stuff is in.

this is our News take a look its Dutch and we dont talk German just so you know ok

http://nos.nl/uitzending/20425-20100...-2000-uur.html#

Off-topic, sorry:

Oh i saw Michael Douglas at Lettermen show say: "In Europe they love us Americans now, specially when we make mistakes or screw up then its great there" lol, we always love Americans!
    Just not when you effect the global economy wich includes EU but we always love Americans, never doubt that ok, if your in Europe and people act like assholes towards you then they are just soured people you find a lot of those here, mostly because of the bad weather here

I can't help but remember the image of Michael bellowing at a crew-member while working on PEARL HARBOR. This was around the time when many dangerous explosives were wired around the set.

The point is, for a director who's famous for explosions, Michael Bay is deadly serious about safety on a movie shoot. There's also this little article Nelson pointed out:

Paramount just weighed in with me to say that the injured extra was not involved in the stunt, that her car was not involved in the stunt, that a "freak accident caused her injury", that she and her car were more than 500 feet from the stunt, that she was struck by a flying metal object whose welding had come apart and not by a steel towing cable, that the stunt from Tuesday had to be repeated Wednesday because of a "timing issue" and not because it had failed, and that "nobody has done movies more safely than Michael Bay". The studio, however, could not explain why its version of events was so at odds with the local police and media reports. "We feel horrible that anyone was injured and will take all appropriate action," a Paramount exec told me.
    Nobody seems to know just what the hell is going on yet. Who was responsible for the accident, and who wasn't?

I'm going to sit tight and wait until both Paramount and the media/police have their story straight. As for Ms. Cedillo, I can only do the same as everybody else and wish her the best and swiftest recovery.

Even if Paramount is taking sides, it's nice to not see them put blame on anybody. It was an accident. Period. Nobody wants to get hurt and the entire team do their best to make sure of that.