Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reports - Woman hurt on TF3 set

Default Re: Reports - Woman hurt on TF3 set

I hope she's alright & makes a speedy recovery.

Sounds like she's going to be quite damaged for awhile based on that link:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...owing-accident

Why did Bay use an amateur in that situation? Why not professional stunt drivers all the way around?

Michael Bay is the new John Landis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBad View Post

Why did Bay use an amateur in that situation? Why not professional stunt drivers all the way around?

I think it's a little early to start suggesting that the situation required a professional stunt driver, considering only a handful of people know what the situation was, and probably fewer who know what happened.

What a horrible accident. I hope the young woman recovers.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Really?

Then I guess Christopher Nolan is also the new John Landis

- http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2576601720070925

Or maybe Peter Berg is the new John Landis?

- http://www.mania.com/propmaster-kill...cle_51990.html
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Regardless of time and place, accidents happen anywhere. The most important things are to care the injured person and to find out how it happened, to prevent future accidents.

I pray with all my heart for the recovery of the young lady.

lets hope she fully recovers and soon

This sux. Let's hope this person is going to be okay. Oh, and I hope TF3 doesnt get a black eye before it even gets outa the gates.
    LICK IT, STICK IT THEN KICKIT TO THE CURB....

Well, you know what they say... any publicity is good publicity, The Dark Knight also had problems and James Bond Quantum of Solace also.

Im glad there werent any injured or deaths in TF1 and 2, this is just bad luck.
    Maybe the lady should have given more gas behind the wheel when the whole thing went in motion, then the cable woulnt have snapped like that.

Most of the time cables break from inside-out but there are people that check them with some small pick or something, ive seen it before, hope the person who checks them doesnt feel to bad about it, its just a freak accident, hope Michael Bay leaves her a nice big bouqeut of flowers and a signed card from most of the cast and crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Well, you know what they say... any publicity is good publicity, The Dark Knight also had problems and James Bond Quantum of Solace also.

Im glad there werent any injured or deaths in TF1 and 2, this is just bad luck.
    Maybe the lady should have given more gas behind the wheel when the whole thing went in motion, then the cable woulnt have snapped like that.

Most of the time cables break from inside-out but there are people that check them with some small pick or something, ive seen it before, hope the person who checks them doesnt feel to bad about it, its just a freak accident, hope Michael Bay leaves her a nice big bouqeut of flowers and a signed card from most of the cast and crew.
    Last movie a stuntman burned himself pretty badly in an gas fire because gasoline had been used by mistake, Shia got his eye seriously cut by a flying prop and Megan Fox got shingles. (It's is a crazy skin rash, but it's scary and contagious) This girl's car was being towed by another car, allegedly. She may not have had any control of the vehicle. It's unclear from the reports.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

She's in a medically induced coma this morning, in stable condition.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    She's in a medically induced coma this morning, in stable condition.
    That's good news. Stable condition is better then critical. Let's hope she can now have a speedy recovery.

Just seen a report on Jalopnik that claims the cable failure was not the first one of this location.... and, horribly, this was the poor woman's first acting gig
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Just seen a report on Jalopnik that claims the cable failure was not the first one of this location.... and, horribly, this was the poor woman's first acting gig
    And here's that. Uuuuuuuuuuuugggghhhhh.....

http://jalopnik.com/5629380/extra-ha...sformers-3-set

Last movie a stuntman burned himself pretty badly in an gas fire because gasoline had been used by mistake, Shia got his eye seriously cut by a flying prop and Megan Fox got shingles. (It's is a crazy skin rash, but it's scary and contagious) This girl's car was being towed by another car, allegedly. She may not have had any control of the vehicle. It's unclear from the reports.
    See from what I can gather, that's not my impression of what happened. From what I read, the woman's car was on the opposite side of the road from the action. The action (two vehicles being towed) was coming towards her in the opposite lane when the cable snapped. The cable then whipped from the back of the lead vehicle across the road into her car. Again, I don't know, but that's why having a professional stunt driver possibly wouldn't have made a difference (response to the post further above). Her car may not have even been moving.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    See from what I can gather, that's not my impression of what happened. From what I read, the woman's car was on the opposite side of the road from the action. The action (two vehicles being towed) was coming towards her in the opposite lane when the cable snapped. The cable then whipped from the back of the lead vehicle across the road into her car. Again, I don't know, but that's why having a professional stunt driver possibly wouldn't have made a difference (response to the post further above). Her car may not have even been moving.

Ed Fuego
    All the disparate pieces seem to fit together to make that one logical hole. Seems like only Chicago's new stations have bothered to make the distinction between the two lanes as well. Various reports have said "object" while others have clearly stated it was severed cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post

Ed Fuego
    In other words, a freak accident. This isn't the first time it's happened on a movie set and it won't be the last.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Thumbs down Re: Reports - Woman hurt on TF3 set

Here we go, I knew this would happen. The media is blowing this so out of proportion.

Deadline,

"SO many things against industry standards, don't know where to start! Bay should be starting to sweat right about now. 30yrs of motion pictures and never seen stunts fuck up this bad."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/tran...n-her-own-car/

Sure, we're talking about Nikki Finke here and sometimes she really likes to overreact, but this is not good. It's not good because Michael is one of the very few directors who really cares about the safety of his actors and his crew. And now they're basically accusing him??

Forgive me, but this is fucking ridiculous.

No one said anything when it was made clear that Peter Berg was in the car that killed the guy on "The Kingdom" set. But now all media outlets are jumping on this, just to have fun at Bay's expense. I think it's time for Bay to fight back....ASAP!
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Here we go, I knew this would happen. The media is blowing this so out of proportion.

Deadline,

"SO many things against industry standards, don't know where to start! Bay should be starting to sweat right about now. 30yrs of motion pictures and never seen stunts fuck up this bad."

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/tran...n-her-own-car/

Sure, we're talking about Nikki Finke here and sometimes she really likes to overreact, but this is not good. It's not good because Michael is one of the very few directors who really cares about the safety of his actors and his crew. And now they're basically accusing him??

Forgive me, but this is fucking ridiculous.

No one said anything when it was made clear that Peter Berg was in the car that killed the guy on "The Kingdom" set. But now all media outlets are jumping on this, just to have fun at Bay's expense. I think it's time for Bay to fight back....ASAP!
    I completely disagree with you. Bay should not address the press, the 'Mount should address the press. He should approach the victim and her family and see that they're taken care of, period.

^^That's what i would do...

EDIT- Wait..... someone died on 'The Kingdom' set?
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Bay should not address the press, the 'Mount should address the press.

That's true, but do you see someone accusing Paramount?

No, they're accusing Bay like he's the only person responsible for this. Read the Deadline article, it says - "Bay should be starting to sweat right about now".

No one says, "The folks at Paromount should be starting to sweat right about now."

That's true, but do you see someone accusing Paramount?

No, they're accusing Bay like he's the only person responsible for this. Read the Deadline article, it says - "Bay should be starting to sweat right about now".

No one says, "The folks at Paromount should be starting to sweat right about now."
    Fuck those people. They make shit up to get attention, they deserve to get sued, not addressed like they matter. They are full of shit and irrelevent. This was an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    EDIT- Wait..... someone died on 'The Kingdom' set?

"While shooting on location in Mesa, Arizona Berg was involved in a fatal accident that resulted in the death of another member of the production team. The SUV he was riding in collided with a Gator all-terrain vehicle driven by Nick Papac. Papac died three hours later."

Wiki.

Thanks

That waste of a webpage is just a complete load of cr*p.... sorry, but a 'Confidential Informant' is just another way of saying 'I made this sh*t up'
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

"While shooting on location in Mesa, Arizona Berg was involved in a fatal accident that resulted in the death of another member of the production team. The SUV he was riding in collided with a Gator all-terrain vehicle driven by Nick Papac. Papac died three hours later."

Wiki.
    Someone died making The Dark Knight.

There was a car accident on the last James Bond set.

A pilot died making Pearl Harbor.

Shit just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar

Someone died making The Dark Knight.

There was a car accident on the last James Bond set.

A pilot died making Pearl Harbor.

Shit just happens.
    A pilot got hurt, not died in Pearl Harbor.