Thread: Color?

Default Color?

I saw Piranha 3D last night and I kept wanting to take my glasses off because the tint on them was so distracting. (I really could take or leave 3D. It didn't add much to the film for me at all. Probably my lousy eyes) I suppose it fits on a movie that is meant to be classic camp because it makes it look old but I worry about it affecting TF3. The vivid color scheme is part of Bay's style.

There's been a lot of criticism lately (the "orange and teal" debate), which annoys me because they're basically ripping Bay for his OWN color style because everyone COPIED IT and now it's universal. (Basically, not giving him any credit for the style but criticizing him for "overusing" it. Real nice.)

Will TF3 be "corrected" or is it going to drive me nuts? I know P3D was converted in post, so the difference between them may be huge. As excited as I am for this film, the 3D part worries me.

(I put this here because it's as much a direct question for Bay as it is a subject for our discussion)
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Default Re: Color?

Being converted in post-production and actually filming it in 3D are 2 totally different things.

Don't worry, your colour will not be interupted. the only difference is a slight darkening in contrast, that's all
    R.I.P Don LaFonatane, The official voice of hollywood.

Default Re: Color?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGarwood View Post
    Being converted in post-production and actually filming it in 3D are 2 totally different things.

Don't worry, your colour will not be interupted. the only difference is a slight darkening in contrast, that's all
    Thank you. I was wondering what the practical differences would be in the finished product.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman