Thread: Lets All Read it Again, Shall We?

Default Lets All Read it Again, Shall We?

Time for some warm-fuzzies from the internet's way back machine!

http://newledger.com/2009/08/why-mic...is-so-awesome/
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Default Re: Lets All Read it Again, Shall We?

Really cool article, thanks!
    Was there an opinion (in terms of general reception) about it among critics?

Great read, AR. I wonder since when critics have forgotten to respect diversity. Maybe some of them prefer films that read aloud stories to them, but there also are others who love the films that "show" stories to us.

As the aforementioned article says, cinema is cinema. In that regard, I think Bay's movies are very true to the raison d'Ítre of cinema, and he's a definitely gifted artist.

Personally, when I went to see ROTF 47 times in various theaters last summer, I felt that seeing his movies was kind of like enjoying Kabuki. Even the traditional art full of visual extravaganzas now known as the world's intangible cultural heritage used to be criticized as tasteless, nonsense and deviant in 17th century, while it thrilled and entertained generations of audience.

Some artists might like to enlighten people, some make efforts to amuse people. Audiences would love either or both. Why critics hate certain films with a passion is beyond me.

47 times in various theaters last summer
    Do you write because you are on the official Michael Bay forums or because it is real ...
    I mean I would never ahve the the motivation to spend that kind of money on going to the cinema for watching the same movie over and over again. Wow.