Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trailer

Default Re: trailer

Yeah usually a year is the initial teaser release time and especially with big budget movies like Transformers 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    hhhmmm....generally teasers come out roughly a year before release date. a lot of films have done it, but what sticks out for me is Inglorious Basterds. I remember seeing a teaser for it about a year before and it ended with "August 2009", and i thought..wow that is ffaaar away...and TDK, with only the voice overs and Joker laugh at the end, was about a year or so away from release date if i can recall.
    1 year teasers are usually for movies that usually no one knows about. We've had 2 TF movies.

My theory on TF3... patience is a virtue! This next year is gonna fly by.. the movie will be here before we all know it. Its like a fine wine... takes time.
    Jazz: "We're not Gods...We're just fancy machines" The God Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz935 View Post
    My theory on TF3... patience is a virtue! This next year is gonna fly by.. the movie will be here before we all know it. Its like a fine wine... takes time.
    Well said! True!

Much as i would love an early teaser trailer, I will wait. . . because I have no choice!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    1 year teasers are usually for movies that usually no one knows about. We've had 2 TF movies.
    that's not true. Spiderman 3 teaser was Aug 06 for a May 07 release, TDK was Aug 07 for July 08 release, Toy Story 3 was May 09 for June 2010, HP7 just came out for 2010 release (pt1)Inception teaser was Aug 09 for this July...and ohh yea, lets not forget TF June 06 for July 07 release - a movie quite a few people were waiting for. Unless TF3 is the exception from those huge grossers, maybe it doesn't need the same kinda marketing?
    you probably know more than i do, but just saying, 1 year teaser are very common are for big stuff people wait for

I guess we will see huh? be on the look out for that teaser

I would expect it around Superbowl time. If not during the Superbowl. At least a teaser one with a full one a few months later.

A small hole in the southern-hemisphere called "Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by primed&ready View Post
    I was thinking 6 months for a teaser and longer trailers come out closer to July 1 next summer. I will have to start going to the movies starting 6 months from release to watch for them.
    You don't have to go to the movies to watch trailers, just watch em on the internet. In fact, every time a popular trailer is on the net, I NEVER see it at the movies.
    "Science fiction isn't about spaceships, laser-fights, and explosions, Sci-Fi is about placing humanity in extreme positions and examining their reactions and our morality, as well as postulating on our future development as a species and as individuals."

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    It won't make sense until next year in my opinion.
    I agree. To see a teaser that has something to do with the movie (not like the teaser for TF1) the move has to be in postproduction. And that won't happen in the next 5 months.

They'll know when to release the teaser, we just have to be patient =]

i mean they'll just release a few things to keep the hype going you know?

if i had to guess tho, i think there'll be like pics for a few months, and a teaser at superbowl =D
    "I spent my whole life fighting off angry birds! It's not a game, it's my life! Fuck you!" - Scott Mosier

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I agree. To see a teaser that has something to do with the movie (not like the teaser for TF1) the move has to be in postproduction. And that won't happen in the next 5 months.
    Teasers are usually up to a minute or two at Max, and they show very few clips of early shots of actual movie. TF1 teaser was not in the film, it was shot separate. As well as some of the many films I mentioned in my earlier post.

I feel the marketing for first movie was much bigger and better than ROTF. I just feel its a little late to get the first taeser 5 months before release. Other huge franchises have not done the same

Well i would love to c a teeny, tiny bit of TF3 trailer though i know it's just to early for any such thing so we all have to wait patiently afterall all good things come to those who wait + days just fly past it will be here b4 we know it just like jazzy said above.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Yeah we wont see a teaser i think, just like with ROTF just wait till the super bowl.
    I think it was planned very well with ROTF, i downloaded all the awesome TV Trailer Spots and stuff from the internet they were all different but all the same images and i watched em every time when i came home and i had my share already in TF:ROTF and i loved it (well said or weird? sorry im not english by origin) i so hope they do that again.
    So watching those TV spots really satisfied me enough from getting crazy of waiting
    I also watched TF1 over, and over, and over, and over lol. But now everybody asked me "how many times have you seen TF? 100? 150 times maybe?" so now its been help against me everytime i wanna see TF :P but i dont care i smile and just gonan watch it again XD lol

I hear you! I watch Transformers 1 & 2 in a row every couple weeks or so just to get my fix you know?

Teasers are usually up to a minute or two at Max, and they show very few clips of early shots of actual movie. TF1 teaser was not in the film, it was shot separate. As well as some of the many films I mentioned in my earlier post.

I feel the marketing for first movie was much bigger and better than ROTF. I just feel its a little late to get the first taeser 5 months before release. Other huge franchises have not done the same
    Yes you're right. The marketing campaign for TF1 was bigger than TF2. I think the reason for this is because this was a foundation for the trilogy and everyone had no idea how transformers will look in real life and the move needed more aggressive campaign. For the second one everyone knew the idea of the Bayformers and there was no need to put so many resources and money. And with all the rush around the writers strike....

Quote Originally Posted by primed&ready View Post
    I hear you! I watch Transformers 1 & 2 in a row every couple weeks or so just to get my fix you know?
    Yeah! thats what i meant just like a junky getting my fix lol i also downloaded and watched the ShoWest 2009 Michael Bay Tribute that was and still is sooo awesome to watch if you havent seen it go WATCH IT! FULL HD NOW!

I reckon a teaser 26 december 2010, then another teaser superbowl time feb2011. Then the first full trailer late april 2011. Followed by a slow but gradual hype build up to the summer release. Bearing in mind that it might be going up against Thor and other related films. Hopefully then T3 will be avaliable in 2d ive no depth perception.

me being a secret insider for all things Transformers, I could tell you 100% certain that a trailer will come out before the wide release of the film. no joke. mark this post when it does.

me being a secret insider for all things Transformers, I could tell you 100% certain that a trailer will come out before the wide release of the film. no joke. mark this post when it does.
    Oh now, that is just CRAZY talk, Jimjam!
    Bot Girl

Might premier during Harry Potter 7 part 1.

Personally, I think, this is not actual information, this is just a guess, but I think the first might appear near late December of this year or Jan/Feb 2011.

But that`s just my opinion on this really. (shrugs)

You've been eating JaAm havent you?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    I would expect it around Superbowl time. If not during the Superbowl. At least a teaser one with a full one a few months later.
    My bet is the Superbowl also. It worked last time. Those particular superbowl commercials though don't air in Canada. Just got to wait till it is online.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    My bet is the Superbowl also. It worked last time. Those particular superbowl commercials though don't air in Canada. Just got to wait till it is online.
    Yeah, and some of us here in the states don't watch the Superbowl. . ;.not even for Michael Bay trailers. I know, I know, not liking American football is terribly unpatriotic of me, but I hate football! its stupid and it sucks!
    Bot Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Yeah, and some of us here in the states don't watch the Superbowl. . ;.not even for Michael Bay trailers. I know, I know, not liking American football is terribly unpatriotic of me, but I hate football! its stupid and it sucks!
    Don't worry Bot Girl, you're not alone. In fact, wanna hear how unpatriotic I am? I hate baseball! Trust me, you'd understand why after you went and saw a Mets vs. Nationals game during a cold drizzly day in the nosebleed section at Citi Field in Queens, New York.

Anyways, trailer? Yeah, it might be during the Superbowl. Though I'd like to have it around Christmastime.