Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: A Michael Bay Film

I'm behind any project Michael will do even if its something silly, he will probably create something badass out of it.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

The project is moving ahead. The hired Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec from MI4 to do the screenplay of the movie:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/para...ninja-turtles/

With Mr. Bay involved it could be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    The project is moving ahead. The hired Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec from MI4 to do the screenplay of the movie:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/para...ninja-turtles/
    It sounds more like they are moving backwards, this is the third time they hired someone to write a new screenplay.

thats great if its true bay did wonders with transfromers he will do it with turtles argh a reboot how many reboots do we really need? spiderman, fantasticfour, batman needed one that is understanding, superman, others i dont feel like naming to many reboots make sequels.

tmnt wasnt reboot it was new movie all on its own

Next up: Super-Soakers: The Movie!! The perfect opportunity for Bay to expand to a larger audience with a G-Rated film!! Instead of guns: super-soakers. Instead of explosions: cannonballs (i.e. pool cannonballs). Instead of death: time-outs. He can even use the same screen-writers to write those witty one-liners. Think about the money he can make from royalties on THAT toy line!!!

JK. JK. I just wanted to get that out there. I've been playing in a pool a lot lately with Michael Bay on my mind. ... uh, not Michael Bay but uh... his movies. Right.

So yeah, if it's Platinum Dunes, it's the production company he owns. He won't be directing. (How involved IS he in Platinum Dunes? Where does he have time to be elsewhere when he's shooting and editing Transformers movies?)

TMNT? I don't know, man. I don't know... It might work if they emulate the smack-talking "Twins" from RotF. After all, the TMNT were all about being "rad" and doing cool flips and stuff. Whatever. We'll just have to wait and see!!

Looks like Platinum Dunes were pretty happy from The Chainsaw Massacre remake. They studio is in final negotiations with Jonathan Liebesman. It should be interesting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-wrath-titans-director-290554

P.S. Nelson, Sora can you please delete "A Michael Bay film" from the title of the thread?

Releasing December 25th, 2013

Michael Bay is to produce the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Paramount has confirmed it is reviving the hit 90s martial arts movie franchise under its Nickelodeon label and the Transformers director is on board as producer, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Wrath Of The Titans' Jonathan Liebesman will direct the CGI/live action film about teenage mutant turtles and martial arts experts Raphael, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Leonardo.

The film has a budget of 100 million dollars and is due to be released in cinemas in December 2013.

The original film, based on the hit 80s cartoon, saw the Turtles - who lived in the New York sewers, loved pizza and were guided by mutant rat mentor Splinter - do battle against the Foot Clan, lead by the evil Shredder, with the help of TV news reporter April O'Neil.

Copyright © 2012 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1331730746516A

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

can't wait
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Yeah that's great news

I can still remember me and my mom going to those movies in Rotterdam Cinerama as a kid going on a coin hunt (getting money out of parkingmeters) while were walking and getting a little box of candy afterwards :P great times, great times :P
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

WETA should do the effects.

After an earth-rattling sizzle reel of his greatest hits – from The Rock to Pearl Harbor to the Transformers trilogy – Michael Bay gave the crowd a first look at the previsualization – filmmaker speak for a 3D, digitally animated storyboard – for Ninja Turtles, Paramount Pictures’ live-action reinvention of the franchise set to hit theaters next year. “We want this film to have the impact of a Transformers one,” said Bay. If the stunning previs is any indication, Bay is making good progress against that lofty goal in his role as producer. Another tidbit he offered up is that the Turtles origin story has been updated, from the decidedly 80s radioactive waste accident to an alien planet. The “teenage mutant” remains intact, however, for the brand-new CG-animated TMNT series debuting on Nickelodeon this fall – good news for those of us who grew up in a time when the names Leonardo and Donatello were more closely associated with pizza and kung fu than art.
    http://blog.viacom.com/2012/03/scene...odeon-upfront/

So it's not good enough that the Turtles were created by alien waste, now they are aliens themselves? WTF, So much for respecting the source material.

^
    After an earth-rattling sizzle reel of Michael Bay's greatest hits.....
    I would love to see this.

It's nice to see that Michael is closely involved with the project.

I hope they are taking the shapes and build of the old cartoon turtles not the new generation, they look to tall.

Would love to see Michelangelo to sneak out for pizza in a raincoat like he always does, Raphael being the joker again, you know.. the typical things they did in the old cartoon.
    And April needs to look like April but not in that yellowsuit from back then and different hair maybe.

they only have to take a look at the early black and white comics issues 1-7 from Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird
    the first movie (1990) is basically based from it, and is still rates best of all turtles movies.... yes in my opinion too.

thrown in a hot April oneil , and i am a happy camper

Here's a video of Michael Bay talking about the Turtles at the Nickeloden Upfront.
    http://www.stuffwelike.com/2012/03/1...ninja-turtles/

Cool, sounds good but where is the rest and beginning of that video???

Banned

I loved the TMNT series! Collected the cards (comic based movie and the live action movie cards), comics, toys and became a member of the official fan club and even enrolled in Karate... and just to be more like them i once put Jelly beans on my Pizza

Michael's midas touch will do well for this series. Like most of his movies it'll be fun, fast moving and action packed... like the TMNT's!

I just hope they use/re-use some of the songs from the original movie soundtrack (even remix a few songs).

So the real questions is, which hottie is going to play April O'neil? She's gotta be a smoking red head!

Diora Baird:

She's 29 now i think this is the age of April in the cartoon as well, Diora has already worked with Michael on Texas Chainsaw this shoot is from 2009 i think but i seen recent pics of her and i'm gonna watch my words here.. :P she still looks.. very fine i think.

So she could be an option maybe?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Just wondering if the film will got the Transformers route and have a large focus on human characters. I don't want to wait a whole hour to see all 4 turtles together...

Alright, lets fight :-)

the contender in the left corner...hot Karen Gillan (doctor who)

Karen_Gillan-eyes-skin-young-before-hot-lovely-stunning-babe_thumb_585x795.jpg

Karen-Gillan.jpg

amy-pond-article-578797428.jpg

article-1263583-090160EC000005DC-900_224x615.jpg
    that's April right there !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wait, wait, wait... Did Mr. Bay just said "the Turtles are from an Alien Race"? I hope that he meant that the "Turtles are mutated because of an Alien Race". Because, changing the concept of TMNT will cause pandemonium.

Dude i dont care if he does the green mucus thing or the theory he explained as long as the characters are the way they should be i'm fine with it.
    I'm not nitpicking over something like that..

BTW April O Neil was not a full redhead in the cartoon the color was between red and brunette and her skintone was not pale but more brown-ish as if she just came from a vacation.

I think the term alien may be being miss communicated here...

If you look at the concept of what an alien is to humans, well the Turtles are pretty alien. I get the impression that is what Michael means here. Not that they are aliens from another plant.

Mr. Bay,

If you have the time to explain or allowed to:

Would you mind explaining what you mean by The turtles being from an "alien" race in this movie?

Because even though this might SEEM minor, it can change a lot about the mythos because the "ooze" origin is something that has been in TMNT since the Mirage comics from back in the day before the 80s cartoon and that can cause you a lot of unneeded backlash from the fandom.

So please elaborate if you can....