Thread: Transformers MMO

Banned

Default Transformers MMO

First off I found this and this is not my idea but I have been thinking of somthing just like this. Someone (Game Company) should make this. What do you guys think?

While watching a clip for the upcoming Transformers movie, the idea hit me: What about a Transformers MMO? The universe of the Transformers seems ideally suited to doing something like this, there are two factions at war with one another for PvP content, there could be exploration, crafting... all kinds of things.

Here is the idea as I have it thus far. Players would have to choose one of the two sides, either an Autobot or a Decepticon. Unlike other games where you choose sides however and are stuck with them, in the Transformers MMO there should always be the possibility to try and switch sides.

In this game characters would start of by creating their transformer, customizing how it looks with modular building tools (think something like the Spore creature editor) and adding various abilities and equipment from whatever the initial selection is. Everyone would start with two transformation options and what they would be capable of doing in either form would vary a bit of course.

Advancement within the course of the game would involve improving upon the design of the character slowly, perhaps even eventually including adding or changing the transformation options. Crafting would involve the construction of mobile bases and starships and other things, or fortresses to hold key points (and weapons and such too). The conflict in the game would be about resource and territory acquisition of course, as well as playing to the ethos of the two sides. Decepticons would think nothing of trashing some earth city to build something or to harvest the area, and the Autobots would not let that kind of crap fly of course.

Could be a really fun game if implemented well.

Default Re: Transformers MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    First off I found this and this is not my idea but I have been thinking of somthing just like this. Someone (Game Company) should make this. What do you guys think?

While watching a clip for the upcoming Transformers movie, the idea hit me: What about a Transformers MMO? The universe of the Transformers seems ideally suited to doing something like this, there are two factions at war with one another for PvP content, there could be exploration, crafting... all kinds of things.

Here is the idea as I have it thus far. Players would have to choose one of the two sides, either an Autobot or a Decepticon. Unlike other games where you choose sides however and are stuck with them, in the Transformers MMO there should always be the possibility to try and switch sides.

In this game characters would start of by creating their transformer, customizing how it looks with modular building tools (think something like the Spore creature editor) and adding various abilities and equipment from whatever the initial selection is. Everyone would start with two transformation options and what they would be capable of doing in either form would vary a bit of course.

Advancement within the course of the game would involve improving upon the design of the character slowly, perhaps even eventually including adding or changing the transformation options. Crafting would involve the construction of mobile bases and starships and other things, or fortresses to hold key points (and weapons and such too). The conflict in the game would be about resource and territory acquisition of course, as well as playing to the ethos of the two sides. Decepticons would think nothing of trashing some earth city to build something or to harvest the area, and the Autobots would not let that kind of crap fly of course.

Ack, I'm too tired to read that right now....I'll reply to this with a coherent thought process tomorrow.

OOH, that reminds me....the local college here is offering courses in video game design. Hmmm..................

I'm not on deadline tomorrow. Whahoo!!!

On that note....goodnight.

....zzzzzzz......zzzz......
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Shadow2879 like the ider.

It's kind of been done in part's of other games like in Frontlines Fuals of war where you will have two side's fighting for power and push there line forward. (32 player multi player)

Now if it more like Mass Effect in the way of picking which plaints you goto and in which order.....yes.(not set in a story line where you must do it like the way thay want...... but your way yes)

I would have to have min of 4 player co-op online max 8 player co-op online.

Not this split screen co-op stuff the all reason it say that is becouse i don't hear of to many player having link games and lan partys.
    But then again its nice to have tha opion for some players.

Throw in a bit of the way you play W.O.W

Give me time and i can think some other games with great game play ider's for a TF MMO game.

Yes think it would be cool.
    Last edited by IMT Guyver; 12-19-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IMT Guyver View Post
    Shadow2879 like the ider.

It's kind of been done in part's of other games like in Frontlines Fuals of war where you will have two side's fighting for power and push there line forward. (32 player multi player)

Now if it more like Mass Effect in the way of picking which plaints you goto and in which order.(not set in a story line where you must do it like the way thay want...... but your way yes)

I would have to have min of 4 player co-op max 8 player co-op.

Not this split screen co-op stuff.
    No,No not muti player like 4 to 8 or co-op. I'm talking MMO/Muti Massive online. Meaning thousands of people. Something like City of Heros or World of Warcraft.

Quite nice. I hope Activision runs it.
    I like the customizing idea. In FFXI online, people are devoting efforts to dress up cool. Imagine that, scrambling for rare modules will be fun.
    Last edited by sora; 12-19-2007 at 10:21 PM.

No,No not muti player like 4 to 8 or co-op. I'm talking MMO/Muti Massive online. Meaning thousands of people. Something like City of Heros or World of Warcraft.
    yes i started think of that after posting my reply. But what format?

As you can tell i'm not a PC Gamer i'm a Console Gamer.

If its on PC i can be done.,
    But if you look at 360 or PS3 the biggest multi player games was G.R.A.W 16 player now on 360 is Frontline 32 Players and then on the PS3 is Warhawrk. I havn't played that one yet so i do not know how many players can play multi-player. Then there's Haze 40 player multi.

I did but somthing down a bit on W.O.W

At the moment i don't think 360 could handle thousands of player playing one game. What why i think thay pulled putting W.O.W on the 360.
    I Cant say any thing about if the PS3 could i haven't played FFXI online game.
    Last edited by IMT Guyver; 12-19-2007 at 11:13 PM.

That REALLY sounds like a cool game.

Yes, I'm coherent now. Still feel like I got hit with Prime I'm sooo stressed.

Creating your own transformer, now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

I would not like this, trying to find time for this AND Lineage 2 would be a nightmare.

I can see how it would be good, but I just dont think it would work somehow.

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Id play it - Aslong as you pay for the game and thats all, none of this pay to play crap.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

I like the worl of warcraft concept. Does anyone besides me got tf energon for ps2? this was the first game I played that you can see for miles and reach those points.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

Quote Originally Posted by IMT Guyver View Post
    yes i started think of that after posting my reply. But what format?

As you can tell i'm not a PC Gamer i'm a Console Gamer.

If its on PC i can be done.,
    But if you look at 360 or PS3 the biggest multi player games was G.R.A.W 16 player now on 360 is Frontline 32 Players and then on the PS3 is Warhawrk. I havn't played that one yet so i do not know how many players can play multi-player. Then there's Haze 40 player multi.

I did but somthing down a bit on W.O.W

At the moment i don't think 360 could handle thousands of player playing one game. What why i think thay pulled putting W.O.W on the 360.
    I Cant say any thing about if the PS3 could i haven't played FFXI online game.

Actually, FFXI is available on XBox360 and PS2 (which I think was its original platform); games like these don't run entirely on your local machine, the games companies have massive server banks handling all the multiplayer and central database issues, hence the monthly fees.

Given that, a MMO could potentially run on any platform they cared to write it for, with players on all platforms sharing the same world space (PC, PS and Xox players all exist within the same world in FFXI) as the local processor only has to handle the front end.