Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updated: The Twins are not back in T3

Default Updated: The Twins are not back in T3

The twin Autobots Mudflap and Skids are back and who else will be back Sideswipe, Jolt or maybe Arcee will see. Any way here's the link.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com...ith-twins.html

Default Re: The Autbot Twins are back for TF3!

The Twins are not back in T3.

I'd always assumed they'd be back, so finding out they're not is a bit of a surprise. Thanks for the update!

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    wow! it must be a really serious rumor. We've said alot of stuff on this site and it rarely got a direct response from M Bay. Thanks for the update! Though im not sad to see them gone, i hope its explained in some way.

really? Personally i think that's a shame, quite liked the crazy duo.....

Thanks for the update during what must be a crazy busy time
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Default Re: The Twins are not back in T3

Though they rubbed a minority of people the wrong way, I quite liked them, and thought they had some funny lines. I'll certainly miss them, I was hoping we'd get to see them mature abit in TF 3.

No twins eh?

But to annoy everybody who hated them, they're now triplets?

Wait...then where are they going?
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

I admit, the twins annoyed me at first, but then they kinda grew on me. I wonder what happened to them. I also want to know which robot threw that car! Totally hyped for Chicago now.

Default Re: Updated: The Twins are not back in T3

Thank God. Best news I've heard in a long time concerning TF's. Them and all the sexual dialogue are not what I had in mind when going into a Transformers film. There's been an amazing amount of greatness out of these two movies, but the aforementioned items are not included.

The twins were ugly and slightly irritating... but i liked them BECAUSE of this... and they had some good lines.
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

I am just happy to see that Mr Bay has cleared up ( or confused us more) this issue!
    Jazz: "We're not Gods...We're just fancy machines" The God Gambit

What's confused me is that people are claiming to have seen the Beat and Trax on the set
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

I was reading a post someone wrote recently that when they were following Megan Fox around that Mudflap & Skids were seen under covers near by.

I would however note that a lot of people thought Jazz was going to be made non-dead due to his car being seen on set during shooting of Transformers :ROTF (I forget why - investers meeting or press day perhaps).

All I got to wondering now though is do we have an offical anouncement now of a Transformers 3 Missinformation campaign.
    I suppose if Mudflap and Skids do show up it will please the kids who like them and if they don't make the cut then it might please some other people who took a dislike to them.

Personally they had a fairly minimal presence in the 2nd movie anyway so hold no opinion either way to good or ill (I do consider HA Skids to be one of my fave toys though) i'd be more interested to know if Sideswipe's been replaced or if he's still in the 3quel as he's a character I definately want to see more of in the future.

---------------

If Michael Bay's reading this I'd like to offer a suggestion to him about marketing photographs.

Would it be possible to take a series of official high quality photographs against the relevent sets and backgrounds for the characters vehicle modes to show the vehicles off.

If for example I was to speculate on what might have been nice to see for the 1st 2 movies you might get the idea of where i'm comming from.

Imagine Ratchet's vehicle mode on the road side - low angle 3/4 view with the LA observatry or the crash site for his protoform impact behind him

Or jazz in car mode in front of the GM dealership he scanned his alt mode from, or seen from behind as he approaches Brawl(Devastator).

Or Ironhide in the Garden of the little girl with the pool behind him, or her standing looking as we see him drive into camera.

or Optimus in the Witwicky's garden.

Something on a cliff edge or access road with the dam behind it.

Or for ROTF Bumblebee with the great pyramid behind him or a road side shot with a camel behind him.

Jolt in a street scene..

That sort of thing - but a specific onset photo of high quality photo or series of photos for each vehicle - including Military vehicles.

We did see a lot of the vehicles all lined up a time or two at some airbases but they were more as publicity for the family events at the bases than something specific to the characters.

Even using the Humans in such shots might work - imagine shia leaning against BB's fender for example... it's an ideal sort of shot for a Movie magazine spread... and pretty easy to do.

I really notice the relaitive absense to any vehicle mode shots for publicity purposes they could be used for so many things for marketing and for merchandise too.

People must be getting pretty familiar with the vehicle modes too now - especially the ones that are in all 3 movies and don't change (or change in only small ways).

Naturally this would work well for Robot modes too - but infers a greater degree of expense... but is equally ideal for similar marketing and promotional purposes.

And even if they shots are not used extensively they'd make ideal filler for an art book, or as reference material to give to Hasbro/Takara and license holders to use as art references.

Just a thought anyway. and something i'd like to see if possible.

Guys remember, Bay also told Empire mag that Megatron wasn't in ROTF...Just keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Banned

yeah he did say Megs wasnt going to be in ROTF, so take everything said with a large grain of salt. On that note though... if the twins are not in the next movie, i would rather see Bay have them in the beginning and killed off or go out fighting, rather then just getting rid of them and not giving any reason why. Also note that he did not remark on any of the others, Jolt, Sidswipe or Arcee not coming back. I know both Sideswipe and jolt should make a comeback but Arcee is the big question as we seen two of the three sisters go down in ROTF as Ironhide battled the D-con Protobots and Bonecrusher.

Wow, I think this is the first time someone has posted a thread and Mr. Bay has responded to it. Often times it's the other way around.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Wow, I think this is the first time someone has posted a thread and Mr. Bay has responded to it.

It's not the first time...

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...chael-Bay-Film-!

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...e-Cowboys-dead
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

can we be a bit more elusive with the titles? it does show up on the home page and forum index

i believe they might die?

Red face Re: Updated: The Twins are not back in T3

i think its misinformation.

look at this link, last post by me ::

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...hael-Bay/page6

i asked him to give us misinformation

Not to be mean, Jamjam, but I think you may be over thinking your influence on this!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

I agree to, but still Michael Bay could be messing with us, remember when he said Megatron won't be back in Revenge of the Fallen but he did. And why did the people saw the cars of the Twins on the set, and still to those fans if you do go to the set of Transformers 3 you should take some pictures or videos to prove they are back. That goes for other robot characters to like Sideswipe, Jolt and Arcee for example.
    Last edited by Jason Gould; 05-11-2010 at 12:02 PM.

I hope the Twins are actually back. Their disappearance in ROTF was very sudden (like Barricade). Like people are saying, Bay did say Megatron wasn't going to return, then he did.