Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

Default Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reboot

Deadline Exclusive:
    Paramount Hires Marcum & Holloway For Fast-Tracked Big Franchise 'Ninja Turtles'
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Finke
    I hear that Paramount has hired the writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to reimagine a new release of the live action feature Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. "The studio is looking at this as its next huge franchise, like Transformers," a source just told me.

Paramount's Adam Goodman is fast-tracking and wants a first draft by October so the studio can take it out to directors right away for a 2012 release.

Sounds good, but i still think John Woo would be perfect for this reboot than Bay. Bay should stick to Transformers.

I think Stephen Chow could do a great job with this.
    Michael Bay is done with Transformers after number 3, but would he have enough time to get this into theaters by 2012?

Yes Steven Chow or Gore Verbinski would be good.

From THR:
    Viacom CEO: Paramount Developing Ideas for 'Paranormal Activity 4,' 'Transformers 4' - Philippe Dauman and his team also highlight that the studio is working on a Nickelodeon-branded "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film, while J.J. Abrams is developing a "Star Trek" sequel for a potential 2013 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Georg Szalai
    NEW YORK - Paramount Pictures is "developing ideas for Paranormal Activity 4" and a fourth Transformers movie, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman said Thursday in highlighting a continued focus on franchise fare. Plus, he said that a Star Trek sequel could hit theaters in 2013.

J.J. Abrams is "focused on developing the next installment of our Star Trek franchise" for a potential release in 2013, the CEO said during his company's quarterly earnings call. 

On the same call, COO Tom Dooley reported that Paramount is working on a Nickelodeon-branded live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. The Turtles, which were featured in several films in the past, are coming to Nickelodeon in 2012 in animated form.

Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore had last month said there was no fourth Paranormal Activity movie in development, but "people certainly continue to be very interested in the franchise." His comments came after the third film in the series had the highest opening ever for a horror film.

Transformers 4 was also mentioned a day earlier by Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner who had reiterated that he hoped to have news on a potential fourth installment over the next quarter. "It would be silly for us not to talk about having another Transformers movie," he said.

For me the real turtle movies were the old ones and they will never replace that nostalgia for me.. i can still remember those times when i went with my mom to see those movies in Rotterdam we went like 4 times for the first two movies and having candy afterwards finding coins in parkingmeters haha :P great times..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!