Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

Default Re: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

Honestly, I just can't get any excitement out of the notion of a BAD BOYS 3. Whereas TRANSFORMERS has the feel of an ongoing saga, BAD BOYS is structured more along the lines of the LETHAL WEAPON franchise; y'know, "what crazy action-packed shenanigans are Mike and Marcus going to get into this time?"

I know that sort of thing has its own appeal, but personally I can't see BAD BOYS offering as much flexibility or robustness as the TRANSFORMERS franchise.

BB is the child of Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer, so no parent would like to kill his child.
    Seeing how latest Transformers perform in China i think they should get the action there, of course starting it in Miami. There is a demand for movies in Asia, the market is expanding significantly in recent year, the should take an advantage of this trend. Any way the third part can be a conclusion for everyone, leaving the BAD BOYS pose once and for all simply growing up and moving forward you know what i mean

ooooh hoo, can't wait.

It's happening people!

Martin Lawrence visited Conan last night to promote his new FX show "Partners," co-starring Kelsey Grammer, and was asked by Conan O'Brien about Bad Boys 3. O'Brien said he had heard a rumor there would be a third film and if it was possible.

Lawrence answered: "I believe so, yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer... yesterday and he said its real. They’re working on the script, they’re getting close and it all looks good."
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121829

I guess this is one of the reasons Michael to consider leaving the TF franchise.

Wow "Bad Boys 3" is one of twitter trends now. It seems world is waiting for this.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Hasn't there been script activity for some time now? Just different drafts and such?

I'm now going to get excited just yet, I'll wait for Bay's confirmation.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I think Bay is done with this franchise. I'd be honestly surprised if he ends up directing "BB3". I think he has more ambitious ideas at this point.

As for a potential new director for "BB3", it's not even a contest: in my book, Joseph Kahn is the perfect man for the job. The guy has a great visual style and he knows how to shoot action and comedy. Say what you will about "Torque", but that movie looks awesome and contains some truly innovative shots and camera moves.

Same goes for "Detention" and his music videos. Kahn for "BB3". Put that on a t-shirt and make sure Amy Pascal receives one.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

http://deadline.com/2015/06/joe-carn...th-1201440459/

If Bay doesn't end up directing it, I really think this is great choice. Carnahan has had some hit or miss films critic/box office-wise, but if he doesn't get too CGI happy (ahem, The A-Team, which I enjoyed but thought was pretty ridiculous), it could be really entertaining. I love Narc and Smokin' Aces, and really like The Grey. Very much under the radar was the BMW short film Ticker, which was my introduction to Carnahan and one of my favorite of those short films.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    http://deadline.com/2015/06/joe-carn...th-1201440459/

If Bay doesn't end up directing it, I really think this is great choice.

I agree. "Smokin' Aces" is one of my all-time favorite action/crime movies, so it's great to hear that Carnahan is attached to "Bad Boys 3".

He has what it takes to deliver a kick-ass action movie. Hopefully it all works out.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

What. The. Fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    What. The. Fuck?

Is it really that surprising? Carnahan is no stranger to over-the-top action movies. His mentor is none other than Tony Scott and "The A-Team" in particular is an insane and quite an ambitious action piece. As crazy and over-the-top as "Bad Boys 2".

Carnahan knows what he's doing when he's shooting action movies. Just like Bay he's confident, no BS type of guy with a clear vision. Which is the type of director "Bad Boys 3" needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Is it really that surprising? Carnahan is no stranger to over-the-top action movies. His mentor is none other than Tony Scott and "The A-Team" in particular is an insane and quite an ambitious action piece. As crazy and over-the-top as "Bad Boys 2".

Carnahan knows what he's doing when he's shooting action movies. Just like Bay he's confident, no BS type of guy with a clear vision. Which is the type of director "Bad Boys 3" needs.
    Actually it's not that surprising. It's just depressing. Bad Boys series are not just silly fun, but fascinating works. Bay's unabashed aesthetic is at its best. Wanted to see Bay-Bruckheimer-Smith-Lawrence ensemble one last time. BTW I enjoyed The A-Team, but it's not as insane and over-the-top as Bad Boys 2. Bad Boys 2 is total madness in a good way.

Actually it's not that surprising. It's just depressing. Bad Boys series are not just silly fun, but fascinating works. Bay's unabashed aesthetic is at its best. Wanted to see Bay-Bruckheimer-Smith-Lawrence ensemble one last time.

They're not really saying it, but I'm pretty sure Bay will be involved. This is his baby and it doesn't make sense for him to just leave it. I imagine it'll be like "Jurassic Park" - Spielberg made the first two movies, then they went with different directors. But...Spielberg was still pretty involved as a producer and you can definitely feel his "touch" in "JP3" and "Jurassic World".

I'm sure Bay will do the same thing.

BTW I enjoyed The A-Team, but it's not as insane and over-the-top as Bad Boys 2. Bad Boys 2 is total madness in a good way.

Fair enough.

But still, the "flying tank" sequence is pretty crazy. It's something we haven't seen in other movies:

Wow... good choice Michael... didn't know those movies we're his.
    Smoking Aces was awesome and the others mentioned above as well.

Good choice.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Bad Boys 3 won't be a Bad Boys movie if Bay is not directing it. It's just gonna be this Bad Boys wannabe movie just like Battleship is a wannabe Transformers movie.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/so...rs-1201557242/

Feb. 2017, eh? Only interested in seeing it if Smith, Lawrence, and Bay return. It is possible this could be Bay's next movie though, as with Pain & Gain's post he was prepping TF4, he could do the same here by prepping BB3 during the post for 13 Hours, he then has 12 months to start filming and make it for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Feb. 2017, eh? Only interested in seeing it if Smith, Lawrence, and Bay return. It is possible this could be Bay's next movie though, as with Pain & Gain's post he was prepping TF4, he could do the same here by prepping BB3 during the post for 13 Hours, he then has 12 months to start filming and make it for release.

No official word, but I think it's pretty clear that Joe Carnahan will be the one directing "Bad Boys 3". His "No pressure" tweet (posted a few hours ago) pretty much confirms it. Bay will probably be involved as a producer.

I loved the A-Team, was very funny and very outrageous, but I'm not sure about Bad Boys without Michael at the helm......

And hooray for me finally remembering log in details
    Sheila! Come back to me! I made you a muffin!

I hope to see Michael behind this project in someway. If not, I like to think that Sony's February 17 release is a subliminal "FU." Ha.

ScreenRant:
    Joe Carnahan Action Movie Five Against A Bullet Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Silver
    It’s also not clear what effect (if any) this has on Carnahan’s possible involvement with Bad Boys 3, which Sony recently scheduled for a theatrical release in early 2017. Carnahan was previously reported to be in talks to rewrite and possibly direct the third Bad Boys film installment, though Five Against a Bullet getting a green-light may signal that Carnahan’s not going to work on that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence buddy cop franchise after all.

We’ll bring you more information on Five Against a Bullet when we have it.

Source: Deadline

They need Mark Mancina back. BB2 wasn't the same without him.
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

"As I complete BAD BOYS 3, I can safely say that I've never, EVER, written this much action into a single script."

https://twitter.com/carnojoe/status/652598031884292096

"As soon as I get the greenlight, I'll give you guys the official title, which is NOT Bad Boys 3."

https://twitter.com/carnojoe/status/652599835837620225

Well then.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

"As I complete BAD BOYS 3, I can safely say that I've never, EVER, written this much action into a single script."

Carnahan is a great dude and a great action director. Ever since "Smokin' Aces" I've been following his career closely, and I really want to see him directing "Bad Boys 3". Unlike Bay (who's pretty secretive about his projects) Carnahan is very active on social media, quite outspoken, and he always shares interesting tidbits and pics from his movies.

Unfortunately, from the looks of it he's only a screenwriter on "Bad Boys 3"...

Please Mr. Bay, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.