Thread: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

Banned

Default Re: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

Thanks for sharing!

Hope it happens!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe2005 View Post
    Martin Lawrence on Bad Boys 3...script is in !!!!!!

$#!+ just got real
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

It'd be funny to see Martin as the new Captain and Joe Pantoliano moved to the Chief of Police. Then Martin's son, Quincy, can ride with "Uncle" Will, as a new detective.
    If it's a good movie, the sound could go off and the audience would still have a perfectly clear idea of what was going on.
    -Alfred Hitchcock

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

JB speaks:

"As for "Bad Boys 3", Bruckheimer reiterated that it's a film he's trying to get made, but that the issue now is "trying to find a hole in Will Smith's schedule". Would it be with Michael Bay again? "He's another guy who's very busy", Bruckheimer admitted, "but we're trying to get on his docket". "

- http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/2675...-still-planned
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I'm hearing that song "Shy guy" a lot on the radio these last few days.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Would be cool if it happened!

But it really doesn't need Bay to direct it in my opinion. After watching Pain and Gain I really hope he has better things to do!

Anyone that doesn't at least like the Bad Boy movies is dead to me. They may not be perfect but damn they are a blast to watch! The chemistry between Will and Martin is definitely fun.

"Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

No wonder I'm poor. Mr. Bay keeps syphoning the money from my pockets. lol

Banned

Jerry Bruckheimer will receive American Cinematheque Award on December 12th. I guess Bay will be there to congratulate his old friend and colleague.
    Bruckheimer will also end his contract with Disney and return to make movies for adult audiences. It sure would be a good opportunity for Bay and Bruckheimer to talk about Bad Boys 3 at that gala!! It needs to be done and it needs to be done as soon as TF4 is finished!

http://www.thewrap.com/jerry-bruckhe...matheque-award

Bad Boys III is on the move!
    Safe House screenwriter David Guggenheim is gonna write the screenplay. The movie is gonna be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay won't be involved as it seem right now.
    Say what! Back up a second!
    Yes, that's right folks. As it seems right now, Bad Boys 3 will have a different director calling the shots. Check out the story below.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112333

I really wanna see bad boys 3 by Michael Bay. His own franchise still awaits him. what are you waiting for, Mr. Bay?

I don't believe that Bay won't be involved with Bad Boys 3. It doesn't make sense. Hope this is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I don't believe that Bay won't be involved with Bad Boys 3. It doesn't make sense. Hope this is BS.

He'll probably be a producer. But actually directing the movie? No, I don't think so.

The way I see it at this point Bay is just too big for this franchise. As a filmmaker who can literally direct anything he wants (and is always pushing the limits) I'm sure he wants to work on more ambitious and challenging projects. And as fun as the BB films are they're not as ambitious as "Transformers" or "The Island". Even the low-budget "Pain & Gain" was an ambitious project.

So I think they'll go with a different director this time. Joseph Kahn perhaps?
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

And as fun as the BB films are they're not as ambitious as "Transformers" or "The Island". Even the low-budget "Pain & Gain" was an ambitious project.
    Agreed (although PAIN & GAIN was only "low budget" by Michael's standards!). I'd much rather see him direct that self-financed horror movie he's talked about in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    The way I see it at this point Bay is just too big for this franchise. As a filmmaker who can literally direct anything he wants (and is always pushing the limits) I'm sure he wants to work on more ambitious and challenging projects. And as fun as the BB films are they're not as ambitious as "Transformers" or "The Island". Even the low-budget "Pain & Gain" was an ambitious project.
    You raise a very good point. Considering the big, ambitious projects like The Island, the Transformers series, and Pain & Gain, Bad Boys 3 would be considered...I don't know if this is the right word but..."incremental" to him? As pivotal as Bay was directing Bad Boys 1 and 2, those movies were also Jerry Bruckheimer's babies. When it comes down to it, they were stepping stones for Bay to rise to the top to be one of the most bankable directors out there. Now he's reached a point where he can make whatever he wants, his babies and his alone. In a way, Bad Boys 3 would be a distraction. As cool as it would be for him to direct it, I wanna see Mike explore new frontiers.

I completely disagree that Bay is "too big" for Bad Boys III. He can make the movie as big as he wants. Bad Boys was $19 million; Bad Boys II was $130 million.

Honestly, I enjoy the Transformers movies because of what Bay brings to it, but I'm longing for a Bayhem movie that doesn't require 9 months of ILM work. If that isn't Bad Boys III, so be it, but I'm tired of the cgi-fests, and there are very few people who are still able (because of studio pressures) and talented and "powerful" enough to direct a hard core "action in the camera" action movie. The cinema needs people to make those kinds of movies still.

I'd be extremely reluctant to see any Bad Boys sequel if Bay didn't direct it.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I completely disagree that Bay is "too big" for Bad Boys III. He can make the movie as big as he wants. Bad Boys was $19 million; Bad Boys II was $130 million.

Honestly, I enjoy the Transformers movies because of what Bay brings to it, but I'm longing for a Bayhem movie that doesn't require 9 months of ILM work. If that isn't Bad Boys III, so be it, but I'm tired of the cgi-fests, and there are very few people who are still able (because of studio pressures) and talented and "powerful" enough to direct a hard core "action in the camera" action movie. The cinema needs people to make those kinds of movies still.

I'd be extremely reluctant to see any Bad Boys sequel if Bay didn't direct it.

Ed Fuego
    Absolutely! Couldn't said it better. He can make it as big as he wants.

I still believe that Bad Boys is special for Michael and he would really want to finish the trilogy himself, not just producing. I see that Martin and Will don't have many upcoming projects so if the script turns good a Bad Boys movie with Michael and the original cast could happen in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post

He's "too big" for the buddy comedies in general. If you think about it you'll realize that nowadays big-time A-list directors simply don't make these types of movies. In a way that's beneath them. And even if "BB3" has a huge budget of over $200 million it'll still be a straightforward buddy cop action/comedy. And let's be frank - these movies are not exactly "ambitious".

Of course we have the obvious questions too - how can you even top "BB2"? Especially with two actors who are pushing 50 (clearly they're no longer "boys"). Can you replace them? Well, the answer is clearly "no", because no one wants to see a "BB" movie without Will and Martin. Another question - how can you satisfy the fans with a third movie, knowing that they've seen such an insane and over-the-top first sequel years ago with much younger actors? Keep in mind, the "BB" franchise is not "Transformers". The "Transformers" movies have an advantage that allows Bay to experiment and top himself pretty much every time - they are global and can easily go from country to country while "Bad Boys" is a "local" franchise - with the exception of the Cuba scenes in "BB2" it all takes place in Miami. In a way the entire franchise is a love letter to Miami and not surprisingly there are people who think that it was a mistake to leave the city at the end of "BB2" and place the characters in Cuba.

Basically there are clear limits when it comes to the "BB" franchise. And I don't think Bay wants to limit his vision and do car chases in the same damn city over and over again.

I think he can do better than that. And unlike many other filmmakers out there he has the luxury to experiment with different genres.

Of course, I'm not saying that it would be a mistake for him to direct a third "BB" movie, but as Trailbreaker said it'll be really good to see him explore new frontiers. Maybe a book adaptation, or an animated film. Or an original horror movie. Or maybe a film noir. There are a lot of options out there.

He's "too big" for the buddy comedies in general. If you think about it you'll realize that nowadays big-time A-list directors simply don't make these types of movies. In a way that's beneath them. And even if "BB3" has a huge budget of over $200 million it'll still be a straightforward buddy cop action/comedy. And let's be frank - these movies are not exactly "ambitious".

Of course we have the obvious questions too - how can you even top "BB2"? Especially with two actors who are pushing 50 (clearly they're no longer "boys"). Can you replace them? Well, the answer is clearly "no", because no one wants to see a "BB" movie without Will and Martin. Another question - how can you satisfy the fans with a third movie, knowing that they've seen such an insane and over-the-top first sequel years ago with much younger actors? Keep in mind, the "BB" franchise is not "Transformers". The "Transformers" movies have an advantage that allows Bay to experiment and top himself pretty much every time - they are global and can easily go from country to country while "Bad Boys" is a "local" franchise - with the exception of the Cuba scenes in "BB2" it all takes place in Miami. In a way the entire franchise is a love letter to Miami and not surprisingly there are people who think that it was a mistake to leave the city at the end of "BB2" and place the characters in Cuba.

Basically there are clear limits when it comes to the "BB" franchise. And I don't think Bay wants to limit his vision and do car chases in the same damn city over and over again.

I think he can do better than that. And unlike many other filmmakers out there he has the luxury to experiment with different genres.

Of course, I'm not saying that it would be a mistake for him to direct a third "BB" movie, but as Trailbreaker said it'll be really good to see him explore new frontiers. Maybe a book adaptation, or an animated film. Or an original horror movie. Or maybe a film noir. There are a lot of options out there.

Wanna see him explore new frontiers? Then he should stop directing Transformers series first.
    I think directing one more Bad Boys movie is not impeding his career & ambitious visions.
    Maybe Bad Boys 3 is not heavily ambitious or important film. Maybe it's gonna be just fun flick. But so what? Why not?
    I've liked affectionate mood like reunion in Lethal Weapon sequels. I wanna see that in Bad Boys 3 too.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    Wanna see him explore new frontiers? Then he should stop directing Transformers series first.

As you can see from my previous posts on these forums I'm one of those people who want Bay to finally leave the "Transformers" franchise and focus on different projects. Yes, the "Transformers" movies are pretty ambitious and challenging (way more challenging than "Bad Boys") and Bay is clearly having fun working on them, but I really want to see more original stuff from him. Especially after seeing "Pain & Gain".

So if you ask me - no more "Transformers" and no more "Bad Boys" (as far as Bay is concerned). He has done more than enough for these two franchises. Time to leave them behind.

I agree that many A-list directors think they are "too big" for buddy comedies. I think that's a negative.

How can you top BB2? I don't know. But I'm willing to bet Michael Bay does... because he's an A-list director who has repeatedly shown the ability to do so.

Start the movie in Miami and then movie it somewhere crazy. I remember in the years after Bad Boys there were rumors that the sequel would start in Miami and then end up taking Mike and Marcus to Germany; I think Michael Bay could do some serious Bayhem on the Autobahn, for instance.

He does have the luxury to pick and choose, and I want to see him do all kinds of movies. All I'm saying is that if I'm going to give my hard earned movie to watch BBIII, I want it to be "A Michael Bay Film." I might be willing to settle for someone "hand-picked" by Bay. I'm not saying that "I'd rather see no BBIII than a non-Bay directed BBIII", but I'm close. And since it seems like they are going to make one, I'm rooting for Bay to be in the director's chair.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Anybody read the fiasco with Django Unchained? Tarrentino wrote the script with Will Smith as Django in mind, but then Will Smith himself decided not to do the role because he wasn't the one and only star. People think it's Bay who might be too big to do Bad Boys, but in reality, I think Will Smith's ego will be the one getting in the way. Perhaps he should be replaced and maybe Ice Cube or Tyrese put instead.

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    Anybody read the fiasco with Django Unchained? Tarrentino wrote the script with Will Smith as Django in mind, but then Will Smith himself decided not to do the role because he wasn't the one and only star. People think it's Bay who might be too big to do Bad Boys, but in reality, I think Will Smith's ego will be the one getting in the way. Perhaps he should be replaced and maybe Ice Cube or Tyrese put instead.
    There simply is no Bad Boys without Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. It's just not a feasible option without sacrificing the movie.

Besides, if Will Smith keeps making under performing movies, it may be easier and cheaper to persuade him back. But even if it isn't, Mr. Bay could maybe pull from the Transformers financial war chest to pay for him to come back for one more go.

Mr. Bay is a smooth talker...well minus that Samsung thing. So I'm positive he could help get them back. But both Will and Martin have expressed interest anyways. So no worries.

All I would ask is for Mr. Bay to pull a Mel Brooks and do like he did in TF2. Put a Transformers reference in Bad Boys 3 in the background. Be it a poster, a scene from one of the movies playing on the TV in the background, even a few action figures. Or maybe the 2 getting their pic taken quick with a human size Bumblee or Prime at some event. You know, a few Easter Eggs. See if the real fans can catch them right away. And it's a nice nod to those franchises as well.

Bad Boys 3 is moving forward. The script should be ready in three months time and then all we can do is hope that it will be Michael Bay's next project.
    It's time to bring back the R-rated Bruckheimer-Bay movies to the big screen. All we get now is a bunch of comic book movies and Sci-Fi action and remakes. We need to get the good old 90's action back and Bad Boys 3 should be made as soon as possible. Here's an interview with Jerry Bruckheimer:

http://collider.com/pirates-of-the-c...y-bruckheimer/