Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: "Bad Boys 3 Talk Is Really Real"

"You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    "Pretty soon it's going to be called 'Bad Old Boys'"

It already is pushing it with Lawrence in his fifties. Smith has admitted publicly that his hiatus was due partly to a mid-life crisis, and his career still isn't back on track.

Sad news. It angers me because now Michael Bay will do Transformers for the rest of his talented life. I love 13 hours, and its importance but ever since TF I feared Mr. Bay would no longer make hard rated, FUN movies anymore. Those franchises are making too much money for him to risk making edgier films like he used to do. I heard Sony has Joe Carnahan doing the film, but come on-- Bad Boys, especially it's sequel A MASTERPIECE, is Mr. Bay's voice, his soul, his baby, reinvigorating the action buddy cop movies into an art form. What was a Beverly Hills Cop wannabe in the 1st film with giant explosions found it's identity in Bad Boys II; where the characters were fully fleshed out and this time the plot and story and action scenes were revolutionary. I've never seen a car chase in Miami so intense; cars were crashing all around our heroes as they pursuit the bad guys. I completely loved the film and I waited patiently to see another hard R movie from Bay, because he has great ideas for action films. I wont be seeing Bad Boys 3, and it will be my ending of seeing those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by STEPhon IT View Post
    I wont be seeing Bad Boys 3, and it will be my ending of seeing those characters.

Be more positive. At least Will, Martin and Bruckheimer still want to do it : )

As for the director, I've been following Carnahan's career for years (also had the pleasure of meeting the guy in 2007), and believe me when I say that he is a perfect fit for the world of "Bad Boys". Yes I agree, Bay is Bay and it's tough to find a replacement, but Carnahan can also deliver some extraordinary sequences and he's good with comedy as well. I always say that he is a mix between Tony Scott and Tarantino and I think his work on "Smokin' Aces" and "The A-Team" proves that.

Seriously, the intense and action packed ending of "Smokin' Aces" is as good and effective as any Michael Bay action sequence (IMO), not to mention the crazy, over-the-top action scenes that we saw in "A Team".

So as far as I'm concerned, Carnahan is a terrific choice for "Bad Boys". And I urge those "Bad Boys" fans who are not familiar with his work, and don't like the idea of him directing "BB3", to watch "Smokin' Aces", "The A Team", "The Grey" and "Stretch". I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by STEPhon IT View Post
    Sad news. It angers me because now Michael Bay will do Transformers for the rest of his talented life. I love 13 hours, and its importance but ever since TF I feared Mr. Bay would no longer make hard rated, FUN movies anymore. Those franchises are making too much money for him to risk making edgier films like he used to do. I heard Sony has Joe Carnahan doing the film, but come on-- Bad Boys, especially it's sequel A MASTERPIECE, is Mr. Bay's voice, his soul, his baby, reinvigorating the action buddy cop movies into an art form. What was a Beverly Hills Cop wannabe in the 1st film with giant explosions found it's identity in Bad Boys II; where the characters were fully fleshed out and this time the plot and story and action scenes were revolutionary. I've never seen a car chase in Miami so intense; cars were crashing all around our heroes as they pursuit the bad guys. I completely loved the film and I waited patiently to see another hard R movie from Bay, because he has great ideas for action films. I wont be seeing Bad Boys 3, and it will be my ending of seeing those characters.
    Amen to that. I always would rather watch Bad Boys series than the endless, fatiguing Transformers.

Default Re: Sony Movie Universe?

Deadline:
    Sony Flush With 2017 Franchises With ‘The Dark Tower’, ‘Bad Boys 3’, Barbie & Maybe ‘MIB23’ Slotted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleming Jr
    Sony’s The Dark Tower is now really real. Days after Stephen King tweeted his blessing and a confirmation that Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey are firmed to square off in the leads, Sony Pictures just staked the 2017 Presidents Day weekend for a global launch of the first installment of the Nikolaj Arcel-directed epic fantasy. The studio has also set Bad Boys 3, with Joe Carnahan directing a reteam of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, for June 2, 2017, and it has set Barbie for Mother’s Day weekend, May 12, 2017.

Under Tom Rothman, Sony has been restocking its franchise arsenal, but it didn’t take long. Sony has an enviable 2017 release scheduling, if you add these films to the Spider-Man reboot with Marvel, The Equalizer sequel, another Resident Evil, The Emoji Movie, the Edgar Wright-directed Baby Driver, the Danny Boyle-directed Trainspotting 2, Jumanji, the overseas release of the Blade Runner sequel and very possibly MIB23, the long-in-the-works mash-up between the 21 Jump Street and Men in Black franchises that moves Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill from school narcs to alien hunters. Justin Kroll at our sister publication Variety just broke that the studio is in talks with James Bobin on the latter, replacing Star Wars-bound Phil Lord & Chris Miller.
    Sony should have made MIB23 a Ghostbusters/Men in Black crossover.
    21 Jump Street works better as a crossover with Bad Boys.
    I'm surprised they haven't announced a big Marvel style Sony movie universe yet.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Michael has Summer 2017 competition with one of his own babies.

its happening both Will Smith and Martin Lawrence confirmed it for 2018

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

"Bad Boys 3 Now Called Bad Boys For Life, Release Date Pushed to 2018"

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/b...e-pushed-2018/

Hope they can ditch that God awful Joe Carnahan and get Michael back as director. He could jump right into it after The Last Knight's release.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Joe Carnahan has left the building and will no longer direct Bad Boys 3. I really hope that Mr.Bay will reconsider coming back to this franchise and go back and sit in the directors chair now that the Transformers franchise will be wrapped up this summer with The Last Knight. IMO it's not a real Bad Boys movie if it's not directed by Mr.Bay. They should bring the gang back together for one last time and make this a trilogy as it should be done with Bay behind the wheel calling the shots.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...r-joe-carnahan

I agree 100% ^Frolunda71
    Bay if you read this, please consider doing the 3rd film. It is the only way it can be the best possible. Bad Boys I & II are incredible. The movie deserves the same treatment. Nobody can do it better than you.
    Hope all is well S4TE community

Quote Originally Posted by BrunnerD View Post
    Bay if you read this, please consider doing the 3rd film. It is the only way it can be the best possible.

Well, Sony are definitely interested in working with Bay again. But this time, it's about a real-life "bad boy":

"Sony developing El Chapo movie, Michael Bay wanted to direct"

- https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...ted-to-direct/

I know Mr. Bay reads our comments, and I'm hoping he reads the threads again. I would like to write a petition for him to direct Bad Boys III, because he's the only director who can handle these actors and command the camera like no other. He lives in Miami, and knows more about the location than any other filmmaker, Bay understands it, and the characters. He also has a great network with the city, the police department agencies and the US military. How cool would it be if Bay pulls his strings and have Pitbull do the entire soundtrack for Bad Boys III?

Bay could set the film on New Years in Miami, and create havoc we've never seen before. Our heroes gun fighting the bad guys through the South Beach strip at night? Just imagine how amazing Mr. Bay could create such an intense sequence?

Michael Bay, please come back to your baby.