Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oswego

Default Re: Oswego

Hey TB sorry to hear about ur financial crisis it does indeed feel horrible when something as trivial as money tries to hinder ur dream but like everyone else said including ur self one life one dream i'm sure u will achieve the required results in the end. I never doubted u 4 a second ur intelligent, ambitious and have a very positive outlook for your own future these main ingredients will aid you to become a person who achieved his dreams in the long run and another thing follow your instincts if ur heart says go to oswego then do it sometimes logic and emotions clash but i tend to always go with emotions even though it can be a mistake but it may also be the best result ever. I really hope you will be able to find a way and i believe in you strong enough that you will good luck with everything.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Wow, Sora, in the small world department: I grew up in Sacramento, about 30 miles from UC Davis. I know the town and the campus well. I now live about 80 miles from Davis!

And, this was a wonderful and special thing you did for your mother.
    I agree BG selfsacrifice is the ultimate kindness u can ever do in this world and i'm sure sora ur mother is very thankful and proud of u as a daughter.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Wow, Sora, in the small world department: I grew up in Sacramento, about 30 miles from UC Davis. I know the town and the campus well. I now live about 80 miles from Davis!

And, this was a wonderful and special thing you did for your mother.
    Thank you. I visited her apartment in Gateway Oaks twice, really loved the view of American River (and the beautiful campus of Davis).

Back to the topic, Trail, the college acceptance you earned is priceless. Don't miss the great chance.

Then find a way to make it work! Look under all the rocks. Talk to the bank, talk to school and career counselors about further financial aid opps. Hey, Michael! Pay for Trail's college!!! (There I said it, now you don't have to!~ if this gets me banned, so be it!) Color outside the lines and find a way. Won't be easy, but it will be worth it! I took a big chance on my current job. Pay cut, move to another city, more responsibility, but even after only 3 months I KNOW it was the right decision. If it feels right, go for it!

(Oh, BTW, its Fidelity with the green line! LOL)
    Haha, thanks for the correction.

Well I got my working papers today, gonna fill those out. I'm probably gonna have three jobs this summer, a real paying job, mowing my uncle's lawn (he's the one with the six figure income), and splitting my grandfather's wood. Hell I'll work Sundays if I have to.

My parents and I are going to have a discussion to figure this out. If I'm gonna get what I want, I'm gonna have to start kissing ass, which I hate doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Haha, thanks for the correction.

Well I got my working papers today, gonna fill those out. I'm probably gonna have three jobs this summer, a real paying job, mowing my uncle's lawn (he's the one with the six figure income), and splitting my grandfather's wood. Hell I'll work Sundays if I have to.

My parents and I are going to have a discussion to figure this out. If I'm gonna get what I want, I'm gonna have to start kissing ass, which I hate doing.
    It will be worth it. Start kissing Uncle Six Figures' ass too, while you're at it. He doesn't have to pay for his kid's tuition now.
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

It's still not looking good for me, guys. It looks like I'm going to have to start off with Plattsburgh.

It's still not looking good for me, guys. It looks like I'm going to have to start off with Plattsburgh.
    Hey, that's OK. And may be a very smart move. You will save money on your General Ed stuff that way. Its the same classes and credits as at Oswego, for less money. Sounds smart to me! Get your GE and lower division stuff out of the way, then you can really focus on your upper div stuff at Oswego.
    Bot Girl

It's smart, and overall I'm going to be paying LESS THAN HALF per semester. But I'm just going to feel so out of place because my heart is over on the shores of Lake Ontario.

It's just not freakin' fair at all. Education should be a fundamental right, and the right to a free education shouldn't stop at high school. SUNY is a public school system, they should at LEAST give us free tuition!

Something's gotta change.

It's just not freakin' fair at all. Education should be a fundamental right, and the right to a free education shouldn't stop at high school. SUNY is a public school system, they should at LEAST give us free tuition!

Something's gotta change.
    Well, and I don't think all education is a fundamental right. Maybe that idea is what has screwed up the system. A basic (K-12) education should be a right, but beyond that level, education should be a priveledge. But not a priveledge of the moneied. It should be a priveledge granted to those who will value it. Like you. The "everybody gets college" idea has begat us several unintended consequences. The first of these is that so many people attend college that shouldn't. They do it from societal expectation, but would be better suited to go into a career out of high school. The freedom to take vo-ed classes in High school, and then, without social put downs, to enter the job market would be a better fit for many people. These folks spend a couple of years or a couple of semesters floundering around before they give up, and enter the work force, feeling shamed for not accomplishing the goal of a degree. They are a drain on themselves, and on resources. They leave our higher education system overburdened and no one gets the education they should. If we agreed that a High School diploma (with career training) was a socially acceptable way to go, both our K-12 and out higher education systems would benefit.

Just my 2 centavos. Threadjacking over.
    Bot Girl

Well, and I don't think all education is a fundamental right. Maybe that idea is what has screwed up the system. A basic (K-12) education should be a right, but beyond that level, education should be a priveledge. But not a priveledge of the moneied. It should be a priveledge granted to those who will value it. Like you. The "everybody gets college" idea has begat us several unintended consequences. The first of these is that so many people attend college that shouldn't. They do it from societal expectation, but would be better suited to go into a career out of high school. The freedom to take vo-ed classes in High school, and then, without social put downs, to enter the job market would be a better fit for many people. These folks spend a couple of years or a couple of semesters floundering around before they give up, and enter the work force, feeling shamed for not accomplishing the goal of a degree. They are a drain on themselves, and on resources. They leave our higher education system overburdened and no one gets the education they should. If we agreed that a High School diploma (with career training) was a socially acceptable way to go, both our K-12 and out higher education systems would benefit.

Just my 2 centavos. Threadjacking over.
    Haha, I wasn't being that serious about it. What I said above was basically another way of saying "I want f*cking money, dammit."

Mom just sent the deposit to Plattsburgh, so it looks like I'm going. Now we just need to somehow retract all of the stuff we already sent to Oswego.

I think I'm going to write a letter to the director of the Cinema and Screen studies major, and tell her how much I was looking forward to studying the major, but couldn't make it happen do to financial issues. Mainly because I think she was so looking forward to having me as a student. So to just back out and not let her know I can't do it wouldn't be right. I'm also going to tell her she's going to hear from me again in the future.

you applied for fafsa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Yes. They only allowed me to take out student loans...which are still not enough.