Thread: "One Way Out"

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Arrow "One Way Out"

Bay - "For my first television project I wanted to do something that had never been done before, and I believe that "One Way Out" accomplishes that. Combining unique twists, death-defying challenges, and stunning visuals, we are reinventing the genre, showing just how far people will go when they are stripped of their bare necessities and forced to do whatever it takes to survive."

Press release - "One Way Out” will remain true to the filmmaker’s signature style, bringing hard-hitting storytelling and a cinematic, aggressive visual approach to television for the first time. A game with no rules, the reality adventure series will pit ordinary people from all walks of life against each other, creating extreme competition and deep allegiances. All players have secret pasts that must be kept hidden from their fellow competitors, setting the stage for an intense game of trust and betrayal. Players will be forced to adapt to and conquer new hostile environments each week, building towards a climactic showdown where all secrets are exposed and a shocking development revealed."

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ty-series.html

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/mich...comment-413562
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: "One Way Out"

Wow! could be fun! :-)
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    looking forward to it.

Same here.

Even though I'm not a huge reality TV fan, I have to admit that this sounds pretty intriguing.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Same here.

Even though I'm not a huge reality TV fan, I have to admit that this sounds pretty intriguing.
    Yeah, Bayhem, I'm with you. The only thing close to reality TV that I watch is Wipeout, and that's FOR the stupid wipeouts!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

I don't care for the bulk of reality TV but it sounds intriguing. I would give it a try.

Not a fan of reality. Period. Although, I can't say I blame Bay for throwing his hat into the market. It's just one particular genre where even Bay's name being attached, I'm still not interested.

Looking forward more to Cocaine Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Not a fan of reality. Period. Although, I can't say I blame Bay for throwing his hat into the market. It's just one particular genre where even Bay's name being attached, I'm still not interested.

Trust me, I know what you mean.

But this one sentence was enough to persuade me - "One Way Out” will remain true to the filmmaker’s signature style, bringing hard-hitting storytelling and a cinematic, aggressive visual approach to television for the first time."

I just like the idea of a TV show using Bay's signature style - camera work, music, pace, everything. That's why I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post

Looking forward more to Cocaine Cowboys.
    That's word-for-word what I was thinking. I hoped there would be another one who would share my point of view.
    Also, Michael Bay is -for me- more a household name for blockbusters. And hopefully one day also for some grittier stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Bay - "For my first television project I wanted to do something that had never been done before, and I believe that "One Way Out" accomplishes that. Combining unique twists, death-defying challenges, and stunning visuals, we are reinventing the genre, showing just how far people will go when they are stripped of their bare necessities and forced to do whatever it takes to survive."

Press release - "One Way Out” will remain true to the filmmaker’s signature style, bringing hard-hitting storytelling and a cinematic, aggressive visual approach to television for the first time. A game with no rules, the reality adventure series will pit ordinary people from all walks of life against each other, creating extreme competition and deep allegiances. All players have secret pasts that must be kept hidden from their fellow competitors, setting the stage for an intense game of trust and betrayal. Players will be forced to adapt to and conquer new hostile environments each week, building towards a climactic showdown where all secrets are exposed and a shocking development revealed."

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ty-series.html

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/mich...comment-413562
    In reading the first paragraph i almost thought Bay was doing a re boot of the SAW series! Then i figure out its a reality show. dont blame him for doing it. its a big money turning business, but i wont be looking forward to it. I am oh so tired of reality shows!