Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (2012)

Default Re: The Avengers (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Remember this one? Loki: "I am a King and I won't be intimidated by some...(Before he finishes his sentence, Hulk just grabs him and smashes him to the ground like 10 times like if he was a rag doll!)
    I promise, the WHOLE THEATER laughed like for a full minute after that scene! :lmao
    Hahaha. Yeah.
    ЩЯДTH ☭f ЯДZOЯ

Powned: PowNews - Dutch Premiere The Evengers..

http://www.powned.tv/uitzendinggemis...wnews_262.html

Watch from 6:26

I like this guy Valerio Zeno he's a terrific cool guy but he actually said in this video that he went to Transformers once and there were real fans and said it was.. kind of sad..(while looking away) lol, he didn't say TF was bad or anything but someone please send this guy the TF trilogy so he can appreciate TF again without the crazy fans before TF4 comes!

He also said he only liked Iron-Man cause he doesn't look fake, and i have to agree with him on that. Overall a fun and amusing video like always from Powned.

* * * IF STUDIOS EVER READ THIS * * *

PS: Please don't put Valerio on a black list or something again he's a cool guy, and Dutch people are to sober to put on some weird costume in the middle of the day because they feel like they are like a Dutch saying goes "stand for dick" and they don't like that, only the real crazy fans would do that which is fine but regular Dutch people are not very eager to do that, just saying... there was this action going on with Avatar when it was released that if you would paint your face blue you would get 5% off or something by buying the Blu-ray of Avatar, i didn't see one person doing this.. again they don't like to "stand for dick" it would only work for the real fans.(probably)
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    i actually preferred Battleship! lol
    Ме тоо. :borat

For the people outside US who won't be able to see the second scene after the credits, here is a screen capture. There is no dialogue in the scene so the image pretty much sums it up. By the way the image is spoiler free so anyone can have a look if they don't want to wait 10 minutes in the theater.

http://9gag.com/gag/4055553

saw it last night at midnight in IMAX 3D. Purely awesome!

When Hulk whooped the crap out of Loki, I laughed so hard my chest hurt. As of right now I have to say it's my favorite comic book movie.

Everything seemed to work for me.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    saw it last night at midnight in IMAX 3D. Purely awesome!

When Hulk whooped the crap out of Loki, I laughed so hard my chest hurt. As of right now I have to say it's my favorite comic book movie.

Everything seemed to work for me.
    This could probably use some [SPOILER] tags.

Probably the best part in the entire movie. The whole theater...I mean the whole fricken' theater just lost it at that part. Including myself. Probably the greatest "Shut up, Hannibal!" moment I have seen on film.

I think the Mark Ruffalo Hulk is now my favorite movie Hulk. I mean, Ed Norton's was great...but dayum...after seeing this movie...

[/SPOILER]

The final battle in the movie shows how great Michael Bay is in shooting action. Although there were some nice sequences the final battle was a mess and it was shot in a way that your eyes hurt. Most of the scenes were shot too close I guess because they didn't have enough practical shots. I'm surprised that some sites state that the Avengers battle even surpassed DOTM's. Poor fellas.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I'm surprised that some sites state that the Avengers battle even surpassed DOTM's.

Don't be surprised. That's just how the internet works. When "Dark of the Moon" came out people on different websites were constantly praising the ending sequence in Chicago and some of them even calling it "the best action scene ever". Now, I like the movie and the ending is incredible, but I don't think it was "the best action scene ever" (in my view, nothing can top the "Pearl Harbor" attack sequence).

It's the same with "The Avengers" now - people are still in a state of "OMG, that flick was so cool. The action was awesome, the ending was awesome. It's all awesome". It's a normal, predictable "movie fan" behavior and because of that excitement some people tend to trash and underestimate previous movies (movies that they were praising at the time) just to hype up the new "hit film of the moment" - in this case, "The Avengers".

You can be sure that next summer people will "trash" "The Avengers" just to hype up a different big-budget action film. Hell, you can expect it to happen this year with "The Dark Knight Rises". Folks will go crazy over that movie and they'll say that it's better in every way than "The Avengers".

It's all very, very predictable and it'll be a mistake to take it seriously.

P.S. It's interesting, in terms of the 3D scenes no one says anything about "The Avengers". I guess it's really, really hard to top "Dark of the Moon" and "Avatar".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Time for some numbers: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm

WOW! Not even two days and it's already racked up over $380 million worldwide! Pretty much a no-brainer why that is. The theater was packed like sardines last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide
    The final battle in the movie shows how great Michael Bay is in shooting action. Although there were some nice sequences the final battle was a mess and it was shot in a way that your eyes hurt. Most of the scenes were shot too close I guess because they didn't have enough practical shots. I'm surprised that some sites state that the Avengers battle even surpassed DOTM's. Poor fellas.
    If you thought the final battle was a mess, then I don't think we watched the same movie.

.....Bay is not the only person on Earth who knows how to shoot great action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Not even two days and it's already racked up over $380 million worldwide
    The movie has been released worldwide for two weeks now not 2 days. It scored $80 million on opening day domestically which is remarkable (only behind HP7.2). I think Paramount will have another billion baby this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    If you thought the final battle was a mess, then I don't think we watched the same movie. .
    Well maybe the word mess is not the right one but for the first time my eyes hurt after these sequences. I guess I have to blame the unnecessary converted 3D.

Well maybe the word mess is not the right one but for the first time my eyes hurt after these sequences. I guess I have to blame the unnecessary converted 3D.
    This movie has as much right to be in 3D as TF3 did even if it was converted.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I guess I have to blame the unnecessary converted 3D.
    No 2-D version available where you live? Because that's what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    This movie has as much right to be in 3D as TF3 did even if it was converted.
    Of course, no one said that it has no right to be in 3D. It's just that the movie doesn't benefit from the 3D as Avatar, DOTM and a few more did.

No 2-D version available where you live? Because that's what I saw.
    Yep! Although there are plenty of theaters in my city all of them showed only the 3D version of the movie. Greedy bastards.
    I can't wait for the Blu-ray to see it as it was meant. Especially with the many deleted scenes that were discussed with some of the cast

Yep! Although there are plenty of theaters in my city all of them showed only the 3D version of the movie. Greedy bastards.
    You know, they really need to offer us more choices on this matter. Heck, maybe they could at least offer us a bit more transparency too...like whether or not a movie was shot in native 3-D or post converted, because not everyone is going to look that one up or even know what the heck that means.

I can't wait for this Friday, I'm going to be giving a persuasive speech about real 3-D vs converted 3-D in my Public Speaking class.

I can't wait for this Friday, I'm going to be giving a persuasive speech about real 3-D vs converted 3-D in my Public Speaking class.
    Just screen them 5 minutes of Clash of the Titans and 5 minutes of TF3.

Good luck!

Just screen them 5 minutes of Clash of the Titans and 5 minutes of TF3.

Good luck!
    lol, I do mention Clash in it, actually. More specifically, how the director had absolutely no intentions to shoot and/or convert the movie into 3-D.

I also use a James Cameron quote from the awesome Bay/Cameron interview last year.

Anyways, back on topic.

I also use a James Cameron quote from the awesome Bay/Cameron interview last year.

Anyways, back on topic.

Just to end the off topic - I love what Michael said about the purpose of 3D in the special features Blu-ray.

Watch at 0:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lurBSjj_k_I&sns=em

The Avengers Sets New Opening Weekend Record with $200.3M!

$30 million over HP7.2. WOW!

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Opening* % of Total Theaters Avg. Total Gross^ Date**
    1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $200,300,000 100.0% 4,349 $46,057 $200,300,000 5/4/2012
    2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 WB $169,189,427 44.4% 4,375 $38,672 $381,011,219 7/15/2011
    3 The Dark Knight WB $158,411,483 29.7% 4,366 $36,283 $533,345,358 7/18/2008
    4 The Hunger Games LGF $152,535,747 40.1% 4,137 $36,871 $380,727,000 3/23/2012
    5 Spider-Man 3 Sony $151,116,516 44.9% 4,252 $35,540 $336,530,303 5/4/2007

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89933

Wow, that number is so impressive. American really love comic book heroes
    Anyway, I enjoyed it too. I like construct of plot. conflicts between each one eventually make protagonists got right mind. They reform 'real heroes.'
    I think action sequence is cool. sometimes it's not that unique. and some shots that have tight shot-size are just chaotic.
    but overall I think it's great. And it has subtle character portrayal that makes each character got some part and chance of showing charm.
    It's humorous, powerful, and not so silly/childish. Actually one of better blockbusters.

ps. Hulk smash is amazing.

This movie deserves to hold the record. I seriously can't say enough good things about it.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

$30 million over HP7.2. WOW!

Actually, it's not surprising at all. "Iron Man 1", "Iron Man 2", "Thor", "Captain America", "The Incredible Hulk"....these movies were basically long trailers for "The Avengers". Combine that with the fact that there are a lot of comic book fans in the US who were waiting for an "Avengers" movie for years...and you have solid box office results.

I'm not denying that the movie is doing great, but when you consider everything surrounding it, its performance is not that surprising. Hopefully, it's not gonna drop like a rock in the weeks ahead.

We'll wait, we'll see...
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Credit where credit's due.

Great way to kick off my "Summer" 2012.

*2D showing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Actually, it's not surprising at all. "Iron Man 1", "Iron Man 2", "Thor", "Captain America", "The Incredible Hulk"....these movies were basically long trailers for "The Avengers". Combine that with the fact that there are a lot of comic book fans in the US who were waiting for an "Avengers" movie for years...and you have solid box office results.
    Yes absolutely, but after I saw the numbers internationally I thought that there won't be any records broken. I won't be surprised if the movie gets 70% of its box office from the USA and 30% from international markets. Exactly the opposite of DOTM.

Banned

looks like its on track for the billion $ club.. box office mojo is saying it can go past DOTM as well! *I hope not!*