Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (2012)

I really liked the trailer, but have to say, I'm a little skeptical that anybody can destroy a city better than Michael Bay. It did seem, shall we say, homage-esque.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Default Re: The Avengers (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    I really liked the trailer, but have to say, I'm a little skeptical that anybody can destroy a city better than Michael Bay. It did seem, shall we say, homage-esque.

Ed Fuego
    Agreed, but it still was way cool to finally see a good Avengers Trailer. This summer is starting to look way more enjoyable...
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

PHOxuqieUjn3RU_1_m.jpg
    It has a mouth, plates, no limbs...
    It has everything! : rol

Isn't the Transformers once featured in Marvel comics. Only if, it would be awesome, to some how get a Transformer in this movie, or an Avenger in a Transformer movie. Personally, I think Optimus Prime and Captain America would make a great team.

Anyone else noticed how many Transformers sound effects are in the trailer too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    Anyone else noticed how many Transformers sound effects are in the trailer too?
    I agree! and not just this movie... quite a few new trailers use similar audio samples, effects and scoring. The audio engineering team did an amazing job on all three movies and they're literally set a new standard for sound effects and music scoring.

I think the "everybody is copying Bay and Transformers" issue gets a tad overblown sometimes. I didnt think that flying machine at the end really had anything in common with The Driller, except for the fact that it's made of metal. Awesome trailer though.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I think the "everybody is copying Bay and Transformers" issue gets a tad overblown sometimes. I didnt think that flying machine at the end really had anything in common with The Driller, except for the fact that it's made of metal. Awesome trailer though.
    Yes I agree, although at first I thought that flying thing was coming out of the building and I was getting a little suspicious.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    Isn't the Transformers once featured in Marvel comics. Only if, it would be awesome, to some how get a Transformer in this movie, or an Avenger in a Transformer movie. Personally, I think Optimus Prime and Captain America would make a great team.
    I'd love to see that. I can imagine The Hulk's Reaction to Megatron:

"HULK SMASH BIG METAL MAN!!!"
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I didnt think that flying machine at the end really had anything in common with The Driller
    Me too. Actually when I first saw it, it reminded me of the big D-con ship that Brains and Wheelie crashed, not The Driller. The main similarity is the city destruction. Looked a lot like Wacker Drive.
    And to be frank the sounds were similar with the DOTM trailer but actually Inception was the first to use them.

Still this movie looks great. Everything about it...... Well of course except Captain America's costume. It's horrible. Why didn't they use the one from last year's movie. It looked way way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Me too. Actually when I first saw it, it reminded me of the big D-con ship that Brains and Wheelie crashed, not The Driller.

It look more like a giant,flying metal snake than a spaceship though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

Plenty of new footage from the Japanese trailer. You can almost see the villains.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88022

:borat
    "Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

Quote Originally Posted by Muhd Terawis View Post

:borat
    That looks like it belongs in Battleship. Shows how much both movies have taken their style from Transformers, you can't even separate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness
    That looks like it belongs in Battleship. Shows how much both movies have taken their style from Transformers, you can't even separate them.
    The hover carrier is part of the Avengers universe, it isn't made up. I'm still at a loss as to how people say this movie stole anything from Transformers..

Battleship, well that's a different story.

After watching the trailer again I found out that obviously Iron Man upgrades his suit during the movie. At the first half of the trailer he is using the Mark VI costume (with the triangle core) and at the end of the trailer he is using a costume with a circle core. I guess this is the new Mark VII costume.

Banned

I think they should rename the movie "Iron Man!... and friends", haha just kidding.

After watching the trailer again I found out that obviously Iron Man upgrades his suit during the movie. At the first half of the trailer he is using the Mark VI costume (with the triangle core) and at the end of the trailer he is using a costume with a circle core. I guess this is the new Mark VII costume.
    He also has flight stabilizers on his back, now.

I don't want to continue comparing Avengers with TF3, but couldn't help myself after seeing the beam in the first second of the video.

P.S. The aliens look pretty cool.

Sound familiar?

Sound familiar?

Literally sounds familiar.

Hulk,SMASH!!!

Sound familiar?

Tell me that this isn't a real trailer, but something that's fan made. I mean :wtf
    Not only are Hollywood now a days making remakes of everything, but do they have to rip the music from other trailers as well?...