Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (2012)

Default Re: The Avengers (2012)

Thor & Captain America Fight Back-to-Back In Set Footage

"Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

Lets hope they pull this off right and not like most Marvel movies...
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

The Avengers Footage Description From Disney's D23 Expo:
    SPOILER ALERT

The footage begins with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) entering a big round cage with glass walls. Behind him doors with pneumatic locks seal behind him and we see Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) walking over to a control panel. Fury says, “In case it’s unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass…” Fury presses a button and a huge hole opens beneath the cell. Inside the hole you can see dark clouds and lightning – they are in the helicarrier. Nick Fury continues “that’s 30,000 feet straight down a stainless steel tube.” Never changing expression, Loki compliments Fury on his jail, calling it “an impressive cage” and recognizing that it wasn’t built for him. Loki stares into a security camera and we see the various members of the Avengers, including Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) watching him in various monitors. Fury responds that it’s built for something a lot stronger. Loki understands, saying “a mindless beast makes play he’s still a man,” referring to Hulk.

Fury then begins to admonish Loki for his crimes, accusing the villain of threatening the world with war, stealing incredible power and killing just for fun, adding that he’s “made [him] very desperate.” Loki then begins to talk about S.H.I.E.L.D’s plans for the tesseract, using it as a “warm glow for all of mankind” and says that it must burn Fury to be so close to real power. As he leaves, Fury says, “Let me know if the real power wants a magazine.” In the meeting room with all of the Avengers, Banner jokes, “He really grows on you.”

The scene then cuts to Fury in the meeting room at another point in the film, providing the details about the Avenger initiative. He talks about assembling a group of remarkable people ready to come together to fight battles that no one else could. A quick flashing montage show various battle scenes such as Thor hitting Captain America’s shield with Mjolnir and Iron Man and Cap engaged in hand to hand battle.

We then see Tony Stark pouring himself a drink behind a bar talking. “Let’s get a headcount,” he says. They have two assassins – quick clips of Hawkeye and Black Widow doing their thing – a demi-God – Thor rocking out with his hammer out – and a living legend who actually lives up to the legend - We see Cap looking at a locker with his new uniform – “and you, big fella, have managed to piss off all of them.” It’s revealed that Stark is talking to Loki, who responds to the billionaire’s threats by saying, “I have an army.” Stark quickly replies, “We have a Hulk.” The screen is filled with a huge, green face that lets out a giant roar. The title card shows up and the crowd goes nuts.
    "Can you point to the object that represents the resilient parasite of an idea caught in the temple nature of the subconcious human mind?"

The teaser at the end of Captain America was awesome and this should be the king of Marvel movies

Quote Originally Posted by Muhd Terawis View Post
    The Avengers Footage Description From Disney's D23 Expo:
    SPOILER ALERT
    Man my man crush on robert downey jr just got bigger

Loki “I have an army.”
    Stark quickly replies, “We have a Hulk

Words cannot describe how freaking tastic that sounds

I bloody can't wait for this movie
    Tfw = rich_prime

This movie is going to have so many hot guys, I might just have to bring in some Godiva chocolate truffles to calm me down. Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo........

Being a big fan of The Incredible Hulk I hope he comes close to that promotional Pic.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Here is the first of several short videos by Marvel which bridges the previous Marvel movies with The Avengers. In this case it's The Incredible Hulk.

The next video is called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer". It'll be about some events that happened between Iron Man 2 and Thor.
    I really love Marvel's idea with these short movies. Great way to prepare us for the really complicated Avengers world.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-marve...d/#more-110997

Shit, I've just found out that they changed Captain America's costume from the stand alone movie.

From this...

01_2.jpg

...to this

0816-chris-evans-captain-america-avengers-22.jpg

That's a real shame. I loved the costume from the CA movie. The new one looks pathetic. I hope there will be an explanation why the new costumes looks so 60s.

Here is a clip from the next short movie called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer". It bridges Iron Man 2 and Thor. The whole movie will be released with CA DVD/Blu-ray.

What's wrong with Thor here. He looks like a completely different character. Damn you Photoshop!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82704

We're just hours away from the trailer. Here is a sneak peek.

Here's the trailer:

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muhd Terawis View Post
    Here's the trailer

0:12 to 0:35 - Michael Bay-style action shots all over the place.

I like what I'm seeing and I'll definitely watch that movie, even though I'm not really a fan of comic books.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    0:12 to 0:35 - Michael Bay-style action shots all over the place.
    Too slow for Michael. Obviously Whedon is a Bayhem whanabe.

P.S. Damn I still hate the fact that Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Damn I still hate the fact that Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk.
    I don't hate it, but ain't a fan. Eddie Norton was perfect!!! We never knew what happened between him and Marvel that prevented him to return

Now that trailer looks amazing, I still don't know how they pulled it off. I'm seeing this in IMAX if available. Doubt it, but you never know!

Banned

the trailer broke itunes record of most viewed trailer in 24hrs.. the record was held by dotm.. this trailer have been viewed over 10mill times in 1 day!

Here is the full short movie "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer".

It's funny how many people are involved for such a short movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Here is the full short movie "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer".

It's funny how many people are involved for such a short movie.
    Agent Coulson is on his way to becoming a memetic badass!!! :borat

Alan Silvestri (Captain America) will score The Avengers.
    http://www.alansilvestri.com/Alan_Si...lmography.html