Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S u p e r m a n

Default Re: S u p e r m a n

*Jaw drop*

Things just got a lot more interesting.

Sounds awesome, i always wanted a crossover movie for a long time and could be successful as TDK series and MOS 1 and could be better than this one.

In a way, this could potentially be bigger than the Avengers. Superman and Batman are the two most famous superheroes out there. And to see them team up is just...dayum.

This is perfect.

Interesting indeed. And yes, ofc this will be bigger than Avengers. Its Superman AND Batman.

When I think about it, there are some funny parallels between the Batman and Superman movies, and the Universal Monster franchise. Universal tried a werewolf movie once, Werewolf of London, that didn't take off with audiences (just like Superman Returns), with one of the flaws being that it clearly tried to be too similar to something else that was more memorable and successful (MGM's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). They waited a few years and released another film, The Wolf Man, which was much more successful and had its own identity (like Man of Steel). When it came time to follow up The Wolf Man, they decided to combine that franchise with their big money-maker monster franchise, the Frankenstein movies (analogous here to Batman). However, after three movies, Boris Karloff didn't want to play the Frankenstein Monster anymore (much like how Christian Bale doesn't want to play Batman anymore). So another actor would be cast in the role for the big mash-up movie.

I know it's not a perfect analogy; there are still many differences and problems with it (points to you if you're wondering where the hell Dracula fits into this stuff). But still, the Universal Monster fan in me is amused.

Maybe we'll all be looking forward to seeing House of Batman in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    When I think about it, there are some funny parallels between the Batman and Superman movies, and the Universal Monster franchise. Universal tried a werewolf movie once, Werewolf of London, that didn't take off with audiences (just like Superman Returns), with one of the flaws being that it clearly tried to be too similar to something else that was more memorable and successful (MGM's Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). They waited a few years and released another film, The Wolf Man, which was much more successful and had its own identity (like Man of Steel). When it came time to follow up The Wolf Man, they decided to combine that franchise with their big money-maker monster franchise, the Frankenstein movies (analogous here to Batman). However, after three movies, Boris Karloff didn't want to play the Frankenstein Monster anymore (much like how Christian Bale doesn't want to play Batman anymore). So another actor would be cast in the role for the big mash-up movie.

I know it's not a perfect analogy; there are still many differences and problems with it (points to you if you're wondering where the hell Dracula fits into this stuff). But still, the Universal Monster fan in me is amused.

Maybe we'll all be looking forward to seeing House of Batman in a few years.
    Nice catch.

ben affleck is batman alot of people are fuming mad
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

OK ladies and gentleman. Not only is Batman gonna fight Superman in the next Superman movie, but the big question so far has been that what will they fight about? Well that question got an answer tonight! Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in the next Superman movie!! Now the fight is on that who will get inside her panties first? Batman or Superman?!!
    Here's the story.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112057

^This is looking more and more like a Justice League movie.
    And I'm kinda getting it now why they just called it Batman/Superman instead of Justice League -- because more mainstream people know Batman/Superman than what a 'Justice League' is.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Now the fight is on that who will get inside her panties first? Batman or Superman?!!
    Please tell me you're not being sincere. The emotes should make it obvious, but still, I have to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    Please tell me you're not being sincere. The emotes should make it obvious, but still, I have to make sure.
    Yeah. I was joking!! Duh!
    But still. It makes one wonder what role Wonder Woman will have in the movie. Will she as Diana Prince have an affair with Bruce Wayne and discover that he's Batman or will she discover who Clark Kent is by some other way than dating him? Cause I can't see her dating Clark Kent. Let's face it. He's a dork compared to Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Yeah. I was joking!! Duh!
    But still. It makes one wonder what role Wonder Woman will have in the movie. Will she as Diana Prince have an affair with Bruce Wayne and discover that he's Batman or will she discover who Clark Kent is by some other way than dating him? Cause I can't see her dating Clark Kent. Let's face it. He's a dork compared to Bruce Wayne.
    Bruce Wayne has had a history of being a dork as well.

I don't want any romantic subplot between Wonder Woman and either of the two other heroes. Being a badass Amazon warrior princess, she's strikes me as the type that finds dating meaningless and a waste of time.

Why can't they all just work together as partners? How hard is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Bruce Wayne has had a history of being a dork as well.

I don't want any romantic subplot between Wonder Woman and either of the two other heroes. Being a badass Amazon warrior princess, she's strikes me as the type that finds dating meaningless and a waste of time.

Why can't they all just work together as partners? How hard is that?
    You are most likely right. I don't think Zack Snyder is the romantic type of director. Most likely it's gonna be all action between these three characters and no romance shit between Wonder Woman and Batman and Superman. Maybe there will be a super villain and the three will work together to kick his ass.

All I know is that Batman is a very calculating opponent. He has satellites in space -- he would definitely use those to spy on Superman and track his every movement -- study him thoroughly until he finds a weakness (that could mean Bats finding Kryptonite from the alien ship wreckage that Supes arrived in).

While we await a look at Superman's future, let's take a look at what might have been. I don't know if anyone else here has seen these, but I'm going to share them anyway. Take a look at the suit Superman presumably would have wore in McG's Superman: Flyby.

suit.jpg

supermanmcg.jpg

Here it is in maquette form with the infamous Jon "Who the **** is Kal-El" Peters.

petersjr1.jpg

And perhaps the most interesting image, Henry Cavill in some variation of the suit (given away by a clearly different shoulder pattern and a larger, different S shield), presumably for his old screen test. Cavill was, if I recall correctly, a front runner for the role before this film fell apart and Superman Returns was made instead. It's also interesting to note that Shia LaBeouf was a contender for Jimmy Olsen, and Robert Downey Jr. was being considered for Lex Luthor.

henrycavillflyby_zps0799cc97.jpg

What I'm wondering is, is this the suit Stan Winston designed?

Bryan Singer Would Have Done MAN OF STEEL "A Little Differently"; Reveals Why He Didn't Cast Henry Cavill in SUPERMAN RETURNS
    "Yeah. I saw it when it came out," X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer told Empire Magazine in their latest issue when asked if he decided to watch Zack Snyder's Man of Steel last summer. "Um...I think Henry Cavill is great. I knew Henry. He and I were friends years ago. Oddly enough, the reason I didn't cast him was because I was making a sequel to Christopher Reeve and I wanted somebody who embodied Reeve more." That man would of course be Brandon Routh, an actor who has surprisingly done very little since playing the iconic DC superhero. Regardless, Singer would then go on to praise the movie, while simultaneously hinting that he would have handled the reboot in a much different way. Could he be referring to the now infamous scene where Superman kills Zod? I am in awe of the world building and the scope of that picture. It's tough for me. I'm not a critic and it starts to get into a weird thing where one director is talking about another director. I know how hard it is to make a movie, especially one of these movies and especially a Superman movie, and there was so much I was impressed with in that movie. There were things I might have done a little differently just because of the way I view the character. Don't misinterpret that as me not liking something. It's not 'Bryan Singer's review of Man Of Steel'!"

Bryan Singer Wishes He Had Rebooted Superman; Wanted 'Darkseid' For RETURNS Sequel
    If I could go again, I would do an origin. I would reboot it."

So, that's how the director would change Superman Returns, but what of the sequel that was set to follow the movie? As it turns out, that too was meant to be called Man of Steel ("That was the title. Actually, my buddy, one of my two best friends, came up with that."), while Darkseid would have been the villain. "We did explore it a little. Just hammering out ideas. I think Darkseid was going to be the villain. It was pretty world-destroying, actually." We'll now never know what that movie would have looked like, but why exactly did Singer decide to not make it? "I ended up having the opportunity to go and make Valkyrie, and I think the studio lost interest at that point," he reveals. "I can't say it was all the studio's fault and I can't say it was all my fault. It just fizzled out."

I totally agree with Bryan Singer there. Darkseid would have been a really good villain for a sequel. They could then save Doomsday for Justice League movie.

After the battle with General Zod in Man of Steel, people are PUMPED for more of that ACTION! Darkseid would have been a great choice as the next villain. As a matter of fact it crossed my mind after watching MoS, that Darkseid would be great for the next. They seriously need to pack their movies with Action, Action, Action. Sequel after sequel. There is no time to rest if they wanna catch up with Marvel now. No time to lax. The opponent is leading, as if in a boxing match, dude you gotta throw more punches now... and you don't just throw one strong punch and stop there... follow it up with more strong punches!!

Marvel is giving us super powered villains one after another... sequel after sequel in their movies.

Now the Man of Steel sequel feels grounded because they are going with a toned down villain in the guise of Lex Luthor.

How about Parasite and Clayface for villains besides Lex?

ComingSoon July 7, 2013:
    Russell Crowe Would be Open to a Man of Steel Prequel

BleedingCool 10/27/2014:
    Man Of Steel Writer David Goyer, Attached To New TV Show. Its Name? ‘Krypton’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston
    We told you Warners was developing a Supergirl TV show. It was confirmed by others.

We told you Fox was developing an X-Men TV show. It was also confirmed by others.

And now? Something that may be inspired by the utter success of new television show Gotham in telling pre-Batman stories and getting an audience familiar with tales to come and teasing them on a weekly basis.

That Man Of Steel writer/producer David Goyer is involved in a TV show called Krypton.

As we have previously mentioned, if you want a DC Comics film made these days, you’ve gotta get a Goyer. And it seems the same may be true for TV shows.

The name suggests a pre-Superman drama set on the planet Krypton, maybe involving the House Of El, maybe Brainiac, maybe an end of the world cult, maybe lots of dragons flying around the place.

Goyer also wrote the screenplay for The Man Of Steel also portrayed some of the Kryptonian lifestyle, as some kind of communist dystopia for which the USA was a blessed relief and alternative. Comics such as the World Of Krypton stories and For The Man Who Has Everything have explored aspects of Krypton, that it would feel hard for such a show to completely ignore.

Goyer has recently been involved with the Constantine and Da Vinci’s Demons TV series. The likes of Gotham has made this kind of “before” show possible, as previously there was the rather similarly themed “before” show Caprica to bear in mind…

Of course, it could be a sitcom set in a comic shop. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I totally agree with Bryan Singer there. Darkseid would have been a really good villain for a sequel. They could then save Doomsday for Justice League movie.

After the battle with General Zod in Man of Steel, people are PUMPED for more of that ACTION! Darkseid would have been a great choice as the next villain. As a matter of fact it crossed my mind after watching MoS, that Darkseid would be great for the next. They seriously need to pack their movies with Action, Action, Action. Sequel after sequel. There is no time to rest if they wanna catch up with Marvel now. No time to lax. The opponent is leading, as if in a boxing match, dude you gotta throw more punches now... and you don't just throw one strong punch and stop there... follow it up with more strong punches!!

Marvel is giving us super powered villains one after another... sequel after sequel in their movies.

Now the Man of Steel sequel feels grounded because they are going with a toned down villain in the guise of Lex Luthor.

The problem with Returns is that it was a sequel to a 20 late something franchise instead of a clean slate reboot and relied on the past/nostalgia instead of it's own identity, Nolan knew not to continue the Batman series as it died in 1997 and with the new millenium he decided to start over with his amazing trilogy that are reboots that have no connection to the late 80s and 90s Batman films as they worked. Snyder succeeded better as he cleaned the slate.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    The problem with Returns is that it was a sequel to a 20 late something franchise instead of a clean slate reboot and relied on the past/nostalgia instead of it's own identity, Nolan knew not to continue the Batman series as it died in 1997 and with the new millenium he decided to start over with his amazing trilogy that are reboots that have no connection to the late 80s and 90s Batman films as they worked. Snyder succeeded better as he cleaned the slate.
    It can partly be attributed to that (a 20 years late sequel).

But most fans, including myself, felt that the lion's share of problem with Returns had more to do with the fact that Superman was pretty much fighting a grounded villain.
    Y'see movies like Superman or Thor or Hulk only works if you give them super powered villains to fight with. Because these heroes are the smash 'em up type of characters. And the audience want to see that.

Man of Steel worked mostly because General Zod was in it as the villain. The movie would have flopped again if Superman was fighting only Lex Luther like he did in Returns.

Default Re: 'Man of Steel 2'

CBR Fri, July 10th, 2015:
    SDCC: Superman’s New Journey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Manning
    Neal Adams’ “The Coming of the Supermen” launches in December.

Adams said his six-issue miniseries will feature “all of Jack Kirby’s characters fighting Superman; beginning with Kalibak.” He concluded saying that "someone's stolen Superman's blood," to nefarious purpose.

Talking about Superman films, Adams said, “I’m sick of Zod; I want Braniac, I want Darkseid.”

“Do the movie guys read the comics? No! They’re doing a new Superman movie, they need a bad guy… they watch an old Superman movie,” he said. “No! Read Jack Kirby!”

Latino Review:
    Rumor: Guess Who May Be Up to Direct 'Man of Steel 2'
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Medina
    So will Superman ever get a second film? If John Schnepp (director of "The Death of Superman Lives") is to be trusted, then yes. What's more, Warner Bros. is looking to get George Miller to direct. You heard me... George Miller, director of the surprise hit "Mad Max: Fury Road" is up to direct a "Man of Steel" sequel.

Here's what Schnepp had to say on the latest DC Movie News show from Popcorn Talk (hat tip to Outer Places):
    "George Miller, he's doing Man of Steel 2......Obviously Zack Snyder is doing Justice League 1 and 2, we already got James Wan doing Aquaman – Waterman I think they should change the title– but yeah I think George Miller is a perfect choice to do Man of Steel 2, he's going to bring so much to it."
    Schnepp isn't usually one to break random pieces of news, so the fact that he's willing to say it on camera speaks to its credibility. Of course we don't know for sure how true this is, but seeing a George Miller-directed "Man of Steel" would be something to see. While the action in the first film was hard-hitting, Miller's seamless blend of CG and practical effects may help to give the film an added weight that was lacking in the first. What's more, if Miller has his hand in the script as well, he'll be one to keep the pace going, which is a personal problem I had with Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel."

With an already-crowded slate, it's a wonder just when they'd plan to fit this movie in. One of my main worries is the mainstream public getting so overwhelmed by these movies that by 2020, they won't want any more. We'll just have to wait and see.

Heroic Hollywood:
    RUMOR: Will George Miller Direct A DCEU Film For Warners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberto Gonzalez
    I checked in with sources this morning and here is where we are in terms of Miller & the DCEU.

The sticking point right now is budget. Both sides don't seem to agree at the moment on a budget but my sources think the budget can be worked between both sides.

I'm a student of history. Again, remember Miller had a shooting script and cast ready to go for Justice League Mortal and that fell apart.

So at this point anything is possible. Hence still, the rumor status.

I hope it be can worked out because George Miller would crush a DCEU film.

'Superman,' The Inside Story: Director Richard Donner Remembers First Meeting Marlon Brando And Other Fateful Moments
    The famed director reveals how Brando wanted to play Jor-El as a "Bagel," fights with his producer and how he discovered Christopher Reeve for the first-ever big-budget superhero movie.

Was This Justice League Cartoon The Blueprint For Zack Snyder’s Superman?
    Context is king .

Quote Originally Posted by SIDDHANT ADLAKHA
    A few details to note here: the buildings are completely abandoned, Superman is annoyed with Shazam for naively endorsing Luthor as president, and Luthor has Superman believing there’s a legitimate threat only he can see. What’s stunning here is just how similar it feels to big battle in Man of Steel, from the flying, to punches, to the exploding glass, but what really seems to confirm the clip being used as a visual template is the bit with the bank vault. It’s almost identical! That’s not a bad thing of course. In fact as DC fan I’d want whoever’s making these films to be familiar with as many sources as possible. The real perplexing bit is how it feels like it’s been lifted in a way that completely ignores context.