Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S u p e r m a n

Default Re: S u p e r m a n

Absolutely incredible. The Man of Steel is back.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Still not excited for it. It just looks like yet another Zack Synder film that would disappoint me. I'm looking forward to Hans Zimmer's score however.
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

I am loving how this is looking so far.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Looks awesome and this should be promising and should lead to Justice League

Nice!

All I wanna know is...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG IN THAT TRAILER.

I NEED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    All I wanna know is...

I NEED IT.
    I wanna say that is Hans Zimmer's actual music for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    I wanna say that is Hans Zimmer's actual music for the film.
    Well he just made me forget about the Superman theme. Unbelievably badass.

Zimmer did confirm it is his score for the film in the trailer, just like with the Dark Knight Rises trailers. We're getting a soundtrack on JUNE 11, it's already on Amazon.

As for the trailer, which is staggeringly brilliant, I just want to know one thing:

WTF IS THAT!? at 2:06.

Awe. Some.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

A lot of folks on IMDb are saying "OMG they better use the John Williams theme or this is gonna fail!"

Look, John William's score is iconic, but I'm up to new interpretations. And so far that little taste of Hans Zimmer's score we got is pretty damn awesome. The thing about Superman music is that in pretty much every theme, there is always that "SU-PER-MAN!" chord. You hear it in the Fleischer shorts, the Donnor films, and the WB animated series. There's a possibility we'll get that with this film, as well.

Yeah, Zimmer respects Williams' score enormously, so we might get a nod to it and that's it. It's time for Superman to be Nolanized

Also, Amazon just listed a 2 CD Deluxe Original Soundtrack for the film. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C2U6G7C

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    All I wanna know is...

I NEED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    I've spent an unhealthy amount of time scouring Youtube for a good copy of this.

Bravo Sir.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-13-screenings

Walmart announced today that it has partnered with Warner Bros. to give its customers exclusive access to see Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ Man of Steel in theaters nationwide before the film’s official release.

Tickets for the exclusive screening will go on sale in more than 3,700 Walmart stores starting at 8 a.m. on May 18. Customers will be able to purchase up to four tickets per visit and will have the option to choose between 2D or 3D showings, where applicable. The advance screenings will take place in selected local theaters nationwide at 7 p.m. on June 13.

Specific details of the promotion read as follows:

• Each ticket bought at Walmart will feature a code on the back that allows customers to pre-order their own Blu-ray Combo Pack or HD Digital Download of Man of Steel, which will contain exclusive film content.

• Fans can bring Superman to life with the official "Man of Steel Experience” augmented reality app. The app allows customers to take photos with the superhero, as well as unlock special photo frames by pointing their phone at Man of Steel signage in their local Walmart.

• Customers will receive a free original Digital Comic Book written by Man of Steel screenwriter David Goyer with every ticket.

• Beginning April 28, a variety of Man of Steel merchandise such as t-shirts, electronics, posters and more from top brands will be available at Walmart stores and at Walmart.com.

Walmart invites customers to join the conversation and show their excitement for the first screening of “Man of Steel” on Facebook and on Twitter with the hashtag #SeeSteelFirst.
    http://www.walmart.com/cp/1104132?po...teel&_mm=icamp

EPIC!!!

"YOU ARE NOT ALONE."

I can already tell that Zod is going to be one bad motherf**ker.

This movie is gonna be freaking rad!

I'm gonna see it on my birthday on June 16th

Default Re: $ u p e r m a n

Variety:
    ‘Man of Steel’ Early Tracking Suggests $100 Million Debut
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Oldham
    How high will Superman fly at the box office? According to sources, “Man of Steel” is gearing up for a $100 million debut at the U.S. box office.

Early buzz on the film has been strong and Warner Bros. has been emptying the tank on its marketing campaign for Zack Snyder’s $225 million blockbuster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Oldham
    Audiences will have to wait until Monday, June 10, to find out just how good, when the film’s review embargo lifts at 8:00 p.m. PT, the same night as the film’s world premiere in New York.
    CBM:
    MAN OF STEEL Opening Weekend Estimated At $100M
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Julian
    According to the Hollywood trade publication Variety, the Superman reboot from Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill, David S. Goyer, Christopher Nolan and co. is currently tracking for an estimated $100M opening weekend. The trade has solicited box office expectations from various Warner Bros. executives who predict that Man of Steel will earn $300M over the course of its entire domestic run. These days, the rule of thumb for successful summer blockbusters is that international earnings will be 2x the domestic run. Doing a little math, that means Warner Bros. is hoping for a $900M box office haul for the $225 million Man of Steel.
    THR:
    Warner Bros.' 'Man of Steel' Nabs $170 Million in Promotional Dollars
    The Superman reboot has 98 partners -- more than "The Dark Knight Rises" -- with Sears playing a "dramatic role" in the film, plus action figures (Mattel), razor blades (Gillette), cars (Chrysler), shoes (Converse) and even the National Guard.

THR:
    'Man of Steel' Tracking Strong, But How Strong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela McClintock
    With one week left to go before Zack Snyder's Man of Steel opens in theaters, box office observers are divided as to how high the Superman reboot will soar in its North American debut.

Trying to manage expectations, Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are suggesting a domestic debut of $75 million-plus -- at least publicly.

Internally, a number in the $85 million to $90 million range is being thrown about as the studio looks to resurrect the marquee superhero franchise. Produced by Christopher Nolan, the $225 million tentpole headlines British actor Henry Cavill as the caped crusader.

Several of Warner's rivals believe Man of Steel has a strong shot at opening to $100 million or more over the June 14-16 weekend, considering it is pacing ahead of Fast & Furious 6, which earned $97.4 million in its first three days. And on Wednesday, June 6, online ticketing service Fandango reported that Man of Steel was outpacing all previous 2013 summer films in terms of advance ticket sales.

But others don't agree, saying that Fast & Furious 6 had the advantage of opening over Memorial Day weekend (it earned $117 million for the four-day holiday weekend). Also, Superman has been away from the multiplex. It's been seven years since Bryan Singer's Superman Returns, starring Brandon Routh, failed to hit the restart button.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    "YOU ARE NOT ALONE."

I can already tell that Zod is going to be one bad motherf**ker.
    I still can't believe some folks are holding on to the Terrence Stamp version of the character, as if Superman II set some magical gold standard no other Zod can match. I disagree with that, and Michael Shannon's Zod is proof.

‘Man Of Steel’ Sequel Underway With Zack Snyder And David S. Goyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKKI FINKE
    EXCLUSIVE:

This isn’t exactly a surprise given the hot anticipation and theatrical buzz awaiting Man Of Steel‘s limited opening Thursday and wide release Friday. But I’ve learned it’s official: Warner Bros Pictures is fast-tracking the Superman reboot sequel with its successful twosome already in place: Zack Snyder reprising as director and David S. Goyer repeating as screenwriter. What is a question mark next time is the role Christopher Nolan will fill. For this 3rd Superman franchise, Nolan stepped in as producer and mentor and story co-writer. I’m told that next time Nolan’s producer role won’t be as “full blown”. Hey, he’s busy working on other projects and now the sequel is on firm footing just as the first’s grosses start rolling in. There’s also a Justice League movie with Superman plotted.

Mind: California. Body: Somewhere between US & Europe.

Saw "Man of Steel" a few hours ago. Long story short - not a huge fan.

The action is pretty good, the 3D works and Shannon is great as always. But at the end of the day I can honestly say that I had more fun watching "Batman Begins". People were right though: "Man of Steel" is indeed louder than all "Transformers" films combined. I've never been a fan of comic book characters and maybe that's why I'm little indifferent. But I'm sure the hardcore Superman fans will like the movie. So if you are one go see it on the big screen. In 3D.

Little sidenote: after you see the movie check out this article - http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/holly....html?mid=imdb

Personally, I agree with every word.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I recieved alot of flak for comparing Man of Steel with Richard Donner's films but I won't apologize for my opinion. I think that on its own, it is a great movie if you think of it as a standalone film by blocking out the previous films.

But I can't help but compare it to the first and 2nd movie from Richard Donner so because of that, I felt that it didn't capture the heart and essence of what makes a Superman movie.

Anyways, I give it a 7.5 out of 10 for entertainment value. I still think it is a great film if you just see it for what it is and have no expectations.

If you'd like to check out my review, its down below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jBJRYxhzz0
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation