Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S u p e r m a n

Default Re: S u p e r m a n

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Looks reptilian to me. Reminds me of the Mortal Kombat logo.
    Looks like Golden Age/Earth Two Superman to me.

Kal_l_prime.jpg

It's been taken down. I was expecting that.

Found it here though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ras0b2SOzp8
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

The Official Teaser. No Fanmade B.S

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Yeah, that's a teaser alright....

Yip, I'm officially looking forward to this movie now.

Yes. I'm so seeing this.

Here's the one I saw attached to TDKR, narrated by Russell Crowe (Jor-El)...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/manofsteel/

SDCC footage! Not the best of qualities but now you can really feel the awesomness of the movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=64359

It's been taken down

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    It's been taken down
    Too bad, the quality was decent. Here is a much worse one but still you get the vibe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7YD...e_gdata_player

I'm actually looking forward to this film. I was never a fan of the previous Superman films but the tone of this makes it seem awesome!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Looks great.Who thinks this might be as good as Donner's first 2 movies and as good as the director's other DC adaptation known as Watchmen?

An interesting thought!

image0004.jpg

Guess what's rumored for the new Superman movie, Man of Steel?

A Wonder Woman appearance.

Guess who is a couple in the DC Comics?
    Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Guess who was spotted together at the recent McLaren Automotive unveiling?
    Henry Cavill with fitness model/mma star/actress/americangladiator Gina Carano.
    Guess who's the "favorite" to play Wonder Woman.
    Yup.
    We know Henry Cavill broke up with his fiancee.
    Wonder where Cavill and Carano met?
    .... or maybe they auditioned them for Justice League?

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...an-gina-carano

There will be too much awesomeness before The Hobbit - Man of Steel and Pacific Rim trailers together. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    There will be too much awesomeness before The Hobbit - Man of Steel and Pacific Rim trailers together. WOW!
    Indeed. I'm very excited to see Superman take back his rightful place on the throne as the best superhero there is.

Excellent!

I really hope this movie reinforces Superman's cultural relevance and shut the pessimistic "Superman is old and boring!" curmudgeons up. He will always be the superhero.

Man Of Steel' Director Teases 'Crazy' Trailer Coming Ahead Of 'The Hobbit'
    Zack Snyder also talks to MTV News about how stars Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon gave his film 'the respect that it deserves.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara Warner
    How would you like to see a little more "Man of Steel" before heading to Middle Earth with "The Hobbit" next month? Warner Bros. is adding an extra treat to the highly anticipated release of Peter Jackson's latest film via a brand-new trailer for the Zack Snyder flick, delivered in both 2-D and 3-D.

"It's fun. I can't wait for 'The Hobbit,' so it will be fun to see our crazy 'Man of Steel' trailer and then enjoy the Hobbit because that's going to be great," Snyder told MTV News. "It just feels like a fun Christmas thing to do, drag the whole family out for that action."

Snyder is embracing the holiday spirit ahead of schedule, via the fanfare surrounding the recent release of the "Watchmen Collector's Edition" along with the heroic efforts of "Man of Steel" stars Henry Cavill and chief villain Michael Shannon.

"Shannon is great, he has such great enthusiasm and dedication constantly," Snyder said of the "Take Shelter" actor fully embracing Zod. "You can imagine that you could get actors who go, 'Oh right, it's Zod, it's not 100 percent serious,' or [you can play it] slightly with a wink, there is none of that with him. His effort is to make it realized and to understand this character and what he has to go through, so you have that on one side and you have Henry, who basically is Superman, on the other side and that dynamic."

Snyder went on to say that he is incredibly thankful that Cavill and Shannon were onboard with the idea of making their iconic comic book characters as real as possible.

"I was just incredibly fortunate to play with those guys who really were giving all they had to bring a level of commitment to the scenes they have together so that audiences will get an opportunity to really have their heroes taken seriously," he said. "As serious as I was taking it, and I don't mean that from a depressing kind of way but from a, 'This is important and fun and needs to be given the respect that it deserves,' from that perspective it was so exciting to watch them drink the Kool-Aid of that concept and go all the way."

And in nearing the home stretch in completing the film ahead of its June 14 release, Snyder seems more than content with his post-production progress.

"I'm super psyched. It's really fun," he said of his continued enthusiasm for "Man of Steel." "I have no superhero fatigue."

'Steel' this movie
    Superman and his new director dish on next summer’s reinvention of the world’s first comic-book superhero
    Quote Originally Posted by REED TUCKER
    Consider the utterly messed-up cinematic world we live in. Superhero movies have become so popular that someone is actually considering remaking “Condorman.” Meanwhile, nobody has yet figured out how to launch a viable franchise featuring the granddaddy of the entire spandex scene: Superman.

This could all change this summer when “Man of Steel” lands on screens and attempts to KO pretenders with a big Kryptonian right hook.

Little is known about the plot. It will mostly follow the familiar origin story: A baby travels to Earth from a distant planet, lands in Middle America and grows up to become a costumed hero who fights baddies — in this case, General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, a character that appeared in “Superman II.”

The one thing that can be gleaned from the single teaser trailer that’s been released is that this could be a darker, more humanistic take on the character than movies past.

“We tried to approach this as though there’s never been a Superman movie before, but at the same time respecting the canon and mythology,” director Zack Snyder tells The Post in an exclusive interview. “There are the pillars that you have to respect, and I’m not about to break them. But it is fun for me to bend them and mess with them.”

Christopher Nolan, the director of the recent Batman movies, was brought in by Warner Bros. as producer and godfather of the project.

“There’s a logic and concreteness that has to exist with Chris,” Snyder says. “You can’t just do stuff because it’s cool. He demands that there be story and character behind all of it, which I’m a big fan of.”

Henry Cavill, who becomes the first Brit to play the character, says he’s also a fan of the more down-to-earth approach.

“I liked the idea of the realism immediately,” Cavill tells The Post in an exclusive on-set interview. “Traditional Superman fans know what it’s all about, and they will hopefully love and associate with the character anyway. But the people who aren’t die-hard Superman fans still need to associate with the character, and that needs to have some realism in today’s world, certainly, in sense of a science as opposed to mythology attached to it as well.”

One of the obvious changes is with Superman’s costume. Gone is the flimsy spandex in favor of a slightly metallic, more armored look.

“The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time,” Snyder says. “I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, ‘You can’t have the briefs on him.’ I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on.”

'Steel' this movie
    Superman and his new director dish on next summer’s reinvention of the world’s first comic-book superhero
    Quote Originally Posted by REED TUCKER
    The final version is a brief-free, all-blue unitard with red boots and a red cape.

“If you look at the costume, it’s very modern, but the relationship to the original costume is strong,” Snyder says.

“You come onto a project like this, and you hear about modernization and you hear about bringing things forward to today, and all you can do is hope that it’s going to look cool and different from

anything you’ve seen before,”

Cavill says of the suit, which takes him 15 to 25 minutes to put on. “And I’m pretty sure it does.”

To fill out the costume, Cavill worked out intensely for two hours each morning, and consumed as many as 5,000 calories a day.

“I have been put through the ringer big time,” Cavill says. “An example of the workouts we’ve been doing, it was 100 front squats of body weight. There are kettle-bell workouts. It’s very hard work.”

If “Man of Steel” pays off, it will have been worth it. The film is already saddled with gigantic expectations.

“I heard one time that the Superman glyph is the second or third most recognizable symbol on Earth after the Christian cross,” Snyder says. “It’s this crazy responsibility.”

The film will also be expected to launch a new franchise, which 2006’s lukewarmly received “Superman Returns” failed to do. Cavill confirms he is signed up for three films. Snyder is mum about directing more.

“We approach the film as a single endeavor,” he says. “There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We’ll see what happens.”

What’s perhaps most interesting about “Man of Steel” is that it might serve as the launching point for a DC Comics universe of films in the same way 2008’s “Iron Man” inaugurated Marvel’s interconnected movie world.

Warner Bros. is reportedly plowing ahead with “Justice League,” a superteam movie featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and others, rumored to hit in 2015. Nolan’s Batman trilogy has concluded and bomb “Green Lantern” is likely to be disregarded, making “Man of Steel” the first film set in this new universe.

“I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”

When asked whether he had conversations with the studio about integrating “Man of Steel” into a larger superhero universe, Snyder treads carefully.

“Um, how can I answer that?” he wonders. “I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”

Wildly speculating, it sounds entirely possible that “Man of Steel” will mention another costumed crime-fighter — maybe in a post-credits sequence — that leads into another superhero film. Universe launched.

For now, Cavill is focused on this one movie and trying to handle the expectations.

“There have been a couple of times where people have been explaining all of these Superman cookies and ice creams . . . and there was a second where I went, ‘Wow, this is massive!’ ” Cavill says. “You’ve got to ignore that and not let it get it to you, otherwise you’ll be focusing so much on the pressure as opposed to dealing with the important thing of doing justice to the character.”

Justice will be served June 14.

Looks like we have ourselves a Kryptonian countdown clock for the next trailer: http://www.n77d58w76d19.com