Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S u p e r m a n

Default Re: S u p e r m a n

That picture looks like shit.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    That picture looks like shit.
    I could find you a picture that looks like shit, but I'm not in the mood for getting banned. Regardless, that picture looks like Superman to me. Pretty sure that's not shit.

I agree the quality and background sucks. It looks like someone played in photoshop for 6 minutes

A spoilerless synopsis:

"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves."

Kind of reminds me of Lois and Clark: The new adventures of Superman. I was hopeing they'd use the John William's Superman March but I've read it's not going to happen. Well, I hope the new theme is as good and the William's theme.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

From /film:
    Will Michael Shannon ‘Wear’ a CGI Costume in ‘Man of Steel’?
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fischer
    The first image of Michael Shannon on the set of Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel — or what appears to be the first image — surfaced over the weekend. The rather distant shot shows a man who appears to be Shannon, dressed not in an outfit that resembles the known costume of General Zod, but in the now-recognizable uniform of actors that will be replaced or augmented with extensive CGI.

Does that mean we can expect to see a Zod that ditches the somewhat dumpy costume as seen in previous Superman films in favor of something a little more warlike, such as the armor conceived by Jim Lee?

Warner Bros. made a somewhat pioneering effort to give Ryan Reynolds a digital costume in Green Lantern. That was a reasonable approach to the character, given the fact that his abilities are all manifestations of willpower, and so the costume could be something that ‘appears’ rather than one he dons. (If GL had a better script, I think people would have been more forgiving of the digital costume.) But why use CGI to create a costume for General Zod? Here’s the image that surfaced this weekend, and which ran earlier today in Superhero Bits

Now, we’re supposing that either a) that is Michael Shannon or b) a stand-in. In either case, we’re supposing that is indeed someone meant to be Zod, and that supposition is unverified at this point. So take that into account.

Here’s Jim Lee’s armored version of Zod, from 2004. If this is the route Snyder is taking, why not just build a practical set of armor?
    (Edit: As Jordan Lloyd points out in the comments below, I completely failed to consider the fact that much of the armor in the Iron Man films was added with CGI, so that could well be the direction Snyder is going here.)

Btw, Amir Mokri (Bad Boys II, Transformers: Dark of the Moon) is the cinematographer of this movie.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

From THINK McFLY THINK:
    Exclusive: WB Already in Sequel Mode for The Man of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Williams
    When a studio commissions a writer for a sequel to an as-yet-released franchise-hopeful, it's an act of showing confidence in their product. They're telling us, "We have a winner here, you fellas are gonna love it and we're getting the ball rolling for more now because of that!"

It's just hard to cipher through that bullshit to guage when it's legitimate confidence or a case of the studio saving face. Paramount did that on Star Trek, hammering out new deals for Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof, and Roberto Orci to pen a sequel a month prior to its release and judging by its reception the move was justified. Not so much in other cases, like Green Lantern 2, Tron 3 and that Terminator: Salvation sequel McG was telling everyone about.

We're hearing through the grapevine executives in Burbank are very happy with what they've seen from The Man of Steel so far. Both regarding the latest round of rewrites as supplied by the Mulroneys (the husband-wife writing duo behind the unmade Justice League: Mortal and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) among others and the footage assembled.

Production doesn't wrap 'till the start of 2012 and even then Zack Snyder's Superman epic will have another year and half before the general public votes with their wallets come June 2013. Nevertheless, Warner Brothers already has their sights set for a Man of Steel follow-up and gone as far to commission a shortlist of writers with Steve Kloves at the very top in addition to Travis Beacham and Lawrence Kasdan.

Keep in mind, no meetings, deals, etc. have gone down with any of these guys and/or their representation. Beacham (hot off his Pacific Rim script at WB/Legendary) is quite the active Twitterer. So it wouldn't surprise if he denies this, and that's perfectly fine. This is WB's way of covering their ass and keeping stuff lined up in the event The Man of Steel goes over as well as they're hoping and, so far, feeling based on everything they're seeing.

I am looking forward to this movie quite a bit. This is definitley a franchise that needs a some new life injected into it. Love the director/producer combo of Nolan and Snyder. Hopefully its a dark, gripping, action packed, and fun take one of the most well known super hero's ever. I do like the idea that they are already talking about a sequel, it shows that they are very confident in what they've created. Already cant wait to see a trailer, even tho that may not be for a while. Overall very excited for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by BAYsplosions! View Post
    I am looking forward to this movie quite a bit. This is definitley a franchise that needs a some new life injected into it. Love the director/producer combo of Nolan and Snyder. Hopefully its a dark, gripping, action packed, and fun take one of the most well known super hero's ever. I do like the idea that they are already talking about a sequel, it shows that they are very confident in what they've created. Already cant wait to see a trailer, even tho that may not be for a while. Overall very excited for this film.
    So long as it's not too dark, I'm cool with that. I wouldn't like to see Superman turned into Batman, I knoticed a lot of comments from people worried about that after seeing how dark the new suit looks.

Hope this ends up as good as Nolan's Batman films

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Hope this ends up as good as Nolan's Batman films
    Same here. I'm not really a fan of DC Comics all that much besides some Superman and some Green Lantern. I did find the Green Lantern movie to be visually great but somewhat lacking in some other areas. But I liked alot of Green Lantern comics, same with Superman. I loved "golden age" Superman. I dont like Batman very much at all. Wasnt a fan of the older films at all they just didnt do it for me. But I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, I love all his movies and I love these Batman films he's done because of his vision for it and his storytelling ability is just amazing in my opinion. I really like the fact that he's involved wit this Superman film, it makes me confident. And I do agree with a post above about not making it too dark. It should be dark and edgy but dont go over the top with it. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm hoping for the best with this one and I'm confident they can make a great film and relaunch a very successful comic book movie franchise.

New logo

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    New logo

Looks nice. Feels like highlight and shadow in the background slightly resemble the image of hands taking off the shirt.

And nice avatar BTW.

There are two leaked scene descriptions from the movie which according to the guy who posted them are not secret and he was given the clear to post them. The scenes were from a sizzle reel screened at a VFX conference and the guy who posted them is a VFX artist.
    So take it with a grain of salt. The scenes could be considered spoilerish though they only include an action sequences without any plot info. I personally think they are real because you can immediately feel Zack's film style. I'm glad he didn't change it drastically for this movie. So here it goes, it really sounds awesome:

First clip - Clark Kent is grabbing a truck with a crying man inside of it while flying through the middle of a tornado. It looked incredible. Henry Cavill can fly, and he can hold a truck in one arm. Zack Snyder brings his usual visual flair, but somehow is still unlike anything he has made before. It felt like a Superman comic. Real heroism. Second clip consisted of Superman in full costume in a verbal argument with Zod in the center of Smallville with Christopher Meloni yells at them through a megaphone next to a tank. Meloni warns them he will fire if they do not surrender. While he says this Zod [played by Michael Shannon] sizes Superman up. Shannon looks evil as he can be. Bone chilling even. And is DEFINITELY sporting enhanced muscle. Cavill’s Superman is a wonderful sight to behold in motion. Cavill’s pure size makes him the most believable Superman to date. Zod speaks in Kryptonian “Do you know your native tongue, Kal-el?” Superman looks stunned, and responds in English, “Who are you?” (there isn’t enough Superman dialogue to judge Cavill’s performance fairly, but I’d say he did well. Nothing spectacular from this clip.) Meloni curses, then into a walkie talkie orders the tank to fire. Superman hears this and turns to the tank. Zod takes this opportunity to sucker punch Superman (in Zack Snyder slow-then-fast-mo) then when the tank fires Superman rushes in front of Zod, despite the punch and catches the exploding missile near his stomach. The flames ripple around him, hit his face, his cape, his eyes. The shrapnel hits him and bounces off. The same happens to Zod to a lesser extent. Meloni’s shocked expression when they remain standing, silhouettes in a cloud of smoke, ends the clip.
    http://screenrant.com/man-steel-movi...-sandy-171979/

From MTV:
    Zack Snyder, Robert Kirkman Talk Superman, Zombies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gordon
    "It’s going really good, actually. I’m just cutting right now," Snyder said. "I’m really excited about it. It’s fun to work on. It’s gigantic and crazy."

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    New logo

I liked the old logo better. This one just looks too -- uh I dunno -- devilish? The darker tone of red coupled with the more sleek and pointy ends of the letter gives out the feel of the "devil's tail."

I dunno. It could be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I liked the old logo better. This one just looks too -- uh I dunno -- devilish? The darker tone of red coupled with the more sleek and pointy ends of the letter gives out the feel of the "devil's tail.".

Looks reptilian to me. Reminds me of the Mortal Kombat logo.

logo04.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BAYsplosions! View Post
    Same here. I'm not really a fan of DC Comics all that much besides some Superman and some Green Lantern. I did find the Green Lantern movie to be visually great but somewhat lacking in some other areas. But I liked alot of Green Lantern comics, same with Superman. I loved "golden age" Superman. I dont like Batman very much at all. Wasnt a fan of the older films at all they just didnt do it for me. But I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, I love all his movies and I love these Batman films he's done because of his vision for it and his storytelling ability is just amazing in my opinion. I really like the fact that he's involved wit this Superman film, it makes me confident. And I do agree with a post above about not making it too dark. It should be dark and edgy but dont go over the top with it. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm hoping for the best with this one and I'm confident they can make a great film and relaunch a very successful comic book movie franchise.
    Hey Baysplosions, what about Watchmen, Constantine (based on Hellblazer), V For Vendetta and History of Violence? all based on DC and DC/Vertigo comics.

Talking Re: S u p e r m a n

When the world nears it's end, they could do the most explosive superhero movie ever... Marvel vs DC!!

SPOILERS From CBM:
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylonJones
    Earlier this month it was reported that Man Of Steel will be at San Diego Comic Con as well. The insider told me that not only will they be there but also confirmed that a trailer will be shown as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    When the world nears it's end, they could do the most explosive superhero movie ever... Marvel vs DC!!
    Have you read DC vs. Marvel? a cool crossover comic series and Marvel and DC have been doing crossovers since 1976 with their historic Superman vs. Amazing Spider-Man comic.

Teaser trailer coming in 2 days! 1:27 min. long.