Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: S u p e r m a n

Default Re: S u p e r m a n

I 4got the name of the actor who played alongside Kate Bosworth in superman returns. Will he b starring as superman again or is this like a total reboot as reboot of films seems to be a trending fashion among movies lately lol!
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Banned

I stopped watching.
    I love to see the old ones and the series is just worth a few episodes.
    superman.

the original Clark and Lois are rare. very special films. to make them again now would be so hard and frustraiting since the characters is over 50% of the film. when the new shows came, they didn`t match up, we went back in time and back to us in 2007.
    I can`t see why they did that. trashed a brand and all (OK, now I`m mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Primes_Girl81 View Post
    I 4got the name of the actor who played alongside Kate Bosworth in superman returns. Will he b starring as superman again or is this like a total reboot as reboot of films seems to be a trending fashion among movies lately lol!
    Brandon Routh...http://www.sltrib.com/features/ci_14342452

Those of you waiting for Routh to suit up again as Superman better get used to him playing different roles.
    Asked whether he would be making another "Superman" movie, Routh says, "You know as much as I know. I don't know anything. I went through some anticipation for a while but it has been four years now so I have moved on to other things."

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Oh! thanxs 4 letting me know It's a shame he moved onto other things as i thought he was well adapt to the role oh well
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Don't they all say the story is great, but when a movie comes out, it's a disaster

From IESB:
    Superman Returns Christmas 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Williams
    Oh and one more thing. Remember back in February when we reported on those rumblings that WB and DC Entertainment were inching one step closer to a Justice League movie? People were rightfully pointing to a quote Nolan gave to the Los Angeles Times regarding how the characters lived in separate cinematic worlds.

Here's the actual text from the article with Chris' quote to be exact:

"A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do,” Nolan said, emphasizing the idea that Batman exists in a world where he is the only superhero and a similar approach to the Man of Steel would assure the integrity needed for the film. “Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other."

That is true – partially, at least. Our sources are telling us there is a chronology in play with these movies. Batman Begins is being specifically referred to as "Action Comics #1." Translation: Nolan's Batman is the first (and only) superhero around. During Batman Begins that is. As well as The Dark Knight that is going by "Action Comics #2."

What would be the third "issue," you ask? Martin Campbell's Green Lantern. In fact, there are still on-going talks to make references to Gotham City if not Batman himself. And although Superman himself isn't around just yet in this time-line, Clark Kent does exist in Smallville - the fictional town in Kansas, not the television series. You just know somebody is going make that assumption. At the moment, that's where the "comic series" stops.

So for you good folks saying how Batman (as played by Christian Bale) couldn't co-exist with Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern and whatever no-name actor cast as the next Superman, WB/DC are hard at work to make it all make sense.

That sucks, how about that Neil guy who did District 9?

He won't do it.

From Collider January 4th, 2010:
    DISTRICT 9 Director Neill Blomkamp Talks About His Next Project, Making Movies on a Budget, and What the Future Holds

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Currie
    “I’ve been offered films – a lot of films, in fact – with seriously high budgets, and I’ve turned them all down. The reason is exactly what you said earlier: Once the budgets get bigger, you can’t do what you want as a director, unless you’re Peter Jackson or James Cameron. And even then, the pressure is still on the filmmaker. Even if the studio isn’t clamping down on you, all the pressure is on the director. And if you screw that up, the jeopardy situation is even worse. The way you don’t get yourself in that jeopardy situation is by making films that aren’t as risky financially. I just want to make films that have enough of a budget to pull off high-level imagery but also have a budget that is low enough that I can do what I want.”

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE: Chris Nolan Looks For 'Superman' Director
    On the list: Unstoppable's Tony Scott, Let Me In director Matt Reeves, Battle: Los Angeles helmer Jonathan Liebesman (who just got the Warner Bros/Legendary job of directing Clash of the Titans 2), Duncan Jones, who just directed Source Code, and Sucker Punch helmer Zack Snyder.

Duncan Jones definitely would be perfect.

Darren Aronofsky's Superman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Zeitchik
    When we interviewed Darren Aronofsky at the start of the Toronto International Film Festival, he had a deadpan answer on the progress of "Robocop," the remake of the 1980s action movie that has been felled by financial problems at MGM.

"I think I'm still attached," he said. "I don't know. I haven't heard from anyone in a while."

Now there's talk that he could make his studio debut with a different classic property: Superman.

As he intensifies his search for a director on the Warner Bros. reboot, Christopher Nolan, who's godfathering the new Superman and producing the David Goyer script, has had discussions with Aronofsky about the job, sources say.

Aronfosky's latest, "Black Swan," the hybrid dramatic thriller with Natalie Portman, looks on track to become an art-house hit, if not more, and the idea would be to bring Aronofsky's auteur sensibility to the comic book mythology (much as Nolan has done with Batman).

Of course, Aronofsky is just one name among many. Nolan and producing partner Emma Thomas are casting a net wider than Krypton for the job, with Zack Snyder (a man known for action scenes and physical movement), Matt Reeves (getting heat off this Friday's "Let Me In") and a number of veteran filmmakers also reportedly in the running.

There would also be questions about how the relationship would work between two strong-willed auteurs like Aronosky and Nolan. And the "Wrestler" director has famously resisted taking on bigger-budget studio pictures in the interest of retaining creative control.

Still, it's an enticing idea to bring on an Aronofsky or someone of his ilk. He and Nolan have had similar roots, if vastly different trajectories. Both gained acclaim for low-budget indies that told fractured stories (Nolan with "Following" and Aronofsky with "Pi") and have continued to maintain an auteur vision even as they worked with bigger stars. If Warner Bros. and financier Legendary are going to give Nolan a significant degree of creative freedom, it makes sense to go with someone who knows how to make the most of that.

From Heat Vision:
    Aronofsky in, Affleck out ... of the running to direct new Superman
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    Darren Aronofsky is in -- and Ben Affleck is out of -- the running to direct the new Superman movie at Warner Bros.

The derby to helm the Christopher Nolan-produced Man of Steel pic has become the talk of the town. Nolan is knee-deep in the selection process, and he and producer/wife Emma Thomas will be heavily involved in the movie, so he's looking for a director who is able to handle the elaborate production and willing to collaborate.

Word began to leak last week of directors who were meeting or will meet with Nolan and Warner brass for the relaunch of one of Hollywood's biggest franchises. Duncan Jones (“Moon”), Jonathan Liebesman ("Battle: Los Angeles"), Matt Reeves (“Cloverfield,” this Friday’s “Let Me In”), Tony Scott and Zack Snyder are on the list.

And so was Affleck, who is extremely popular at Warners after making “The Town,” a critical and box-office hit. But according to insiders, the actor-director -- who, ironically, once portrayed the actor who played Superman on TV in "Hollywoodland" -- met about "Superman" last week but is no longer pursuing it.

Aronofsky, riding high on buzz generated by his upcoming “Black Swan,” is still in active talks, according to sources. But it's early.

If he were to get the gig, there would be some irony: A decade ago, Aronofsky was attached to direct a Batman movie loosely based on a storyline written by Frank Miller. That didn't happen, and it paved the way for Nolan to direct "Batman Begins."

Darren seems like an unlikely but terrific choice.

Default Re: Michael Bay's Superman

From /film:
    Christopher Nolan Loves Watching Michael Bay Movies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Quigley
    If I told you that Christopher Nolan loves Michael Bay movies, would you believe me?

Looks like you may not have a choice. According to an interview with Inception cinematographer Wally Pfister, it’s fact. Read what he had to say about Nolan’s love affair with Bay’s films after the break.

Cinematical scored the interview. Here’s the relevant excerpt:

“…there are the movies out there that he loves and I hate. I’m not a big Michael Bay fan. Chris loves Michael Bay’s movies. And so I’m always like come on, dude! But he sees something in it, and I don’t see it.”
    Bay and Nolan working together would be awesome!

From Deadline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Finke
    A very strong -36% hold going into its 3rd week in release bodes well for Ben Affleck's future as a director. And Warner Bros just offered him Superman to helm on Chris Nolan's suggestion. (But Affleck likely will turn it down.)

Peter Berg anyone?

Nikki Finke is reporting that Zack Snyder got the gig.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack...ting-superman/
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

From Collider:
    Is General Zod the Villain in Zack Snyder’s SUPERMAN? Plus Snyder Talks About the Film
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Barr
    Per a report from THR, Goyer’s script is believed to be akin to Richard Donner’s Superman films via the inclusion of General Zod as the primary villain. While unconfirmed, Nolan has made it known that he wishes to place Superman within a realistic modern context for The Man of Steel. With that in mind, it would make sense to have Superman fight it out with a fellow Kryptonian who, like Clark Kent, at least looks human. While his esteemed nemesis Lex Luthor also fits this bill, other popular Superman villains such as Brainiac and/or Darkseid might not play as quite as “real” from a physical perspective.

Although only landing the job hours ago, word travels fast these days and Snyder has already discussed the film with several outlets. On how Superman might be received by general audiences who may think of Superman as being a tad on the cheesy side, Snyder tells EW:
    “I’ve followed Superman over the years,” he says. “I wouldn’t say I was a huge devotee, but I’ve kept an eye on the character in the pop culture, and as the pop culture has regarded him, for the past 10 years, especially. I think there’s a real opportunity here. He’s in the perfect place to do something.”

“Think of where Batman was when Chris took that on earlier in the decade. I think Superman is in a very similar place, in terms of being available and in terms of his relationship to where the culture was at that time. Superman is right there. He’s ready. And can I be any more cryptic?”
    On working with Christopher Nolan, Snyder tells Heat Vision:
    “In the initial meetings, he’s been super amazingly smart and also amazingly kind, filmmaker-to-filmmaker,” he said of Nolan. “I have great respect for him. The process has been amazing so far, and it looks like nothing but pluses.”
    On talking about the story with Nolan in their initial meeting, Snyder tells MTV:
    “It was really just talking about, in really sort of civilized and fun terms, who [Superman] was to us and what he could be,” he explained. “I think that those conversations felt free from the pressure of an ‘audition’ and felt more just talking about a character that we both liked. It was really, at that point, I was content if I was the one picked or not, that I had had a great visit. From a creative and fan point of view, I was satisfied, and that was cool.”
    On the challenge inherent in taking over the character, Snyder tells USA Today:
    “Mainly male (superheroes), have gotten to evolve over the years. Batman. The X-Men. But I think the first (Superman) movies were so well done, he kind of got stuck. I think our challenge is to bring him to a modern audience that’s still respectful of the character…We’re well aware, we’ve opened up a big can of worms.”
    Briefly, and in closing, many have questioned whether or not Warner Bros. might bring back Brandon Routh to reprise his role in Snyder and Nolan’s film. While unconfirmed, we are hearing early stirs which seem to rule out Routh’s return to the franchise. For those of you who enjoyed Superman Returns, you have my deepest sympathies. For the rest of us, here’s to hoping Snyder, Nolan, Goyer, and co. can give this generation a Superman film that, like The Man of Steel himself, can withstand the test of time.

Zack Snyder? OH WOW! sounds fantastic.

Default Superman: Birthright

From IESB:
    WOLVERINE 2 Offered to Aronofsky and the SUPERMAN Script is a Mess says Zack Snyder

From Vulture:
    Fox Offers Wolverine 2 to Darren Aronofsky
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Brodesser-Akner
    Until last weekend, though, Aronofsky was far more interested in directing WB's original take on Superman —[spoiler]in which Clark Kent is a journalist traveling the world trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman[/spoiler] — than doing a sequel like Wolverine 2. But on Saturday, Aronofsky was informed by WB he was out of the running for Man of Steel, and suddenly directing a sequel didn't seem so bad. Today, his reps began negotiations with Fox to put him behind the camera for Wolverine 2.

But wait!

Even as Aronofsky's Wolverine 2 talks coalesce at Fox, Warner Bros. is still offering blandishments to get back into business. We're told by knowledgeable insiders the reason Warner Bros. picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that the script by David Goyer was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won't spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e. Aronofsky), because time is the one thing they don't have: The studio must have a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the superhero's creators.

We're told that Snyder was not really Warner's first choice to direct Superman, but that a director needed to be hired imminently. Privately, even Snyder has confided to agency sources that the current Superman script needs work, but clearly Warner Bros. believes he can get it done faster than Aronofsky.

Maybe Snyder needs to rewrite the script.