Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Batman Trailer

Default Re: New Batman Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by OmarB View Post
    You need to read Arkham Asylum. If you are interested in the interplay between the two. Who's the crazy one? Who's the enabler? Why does Joker leave clues he knows Batman will figure out?
    Thank you, it's going on my Amazon.com wish list.....

Man, I still have my copy of The Killing Joke (got it in '89) somewhere in an old box. I use to collect Batman stuff as a kid (close second to TF's). I have Year One somewhere too. I even had a t-shirt with this on it:

...memories.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Man, I still have my copy of The Killing Joke (got it in '89) somewhere in an old box. I use to collect Batman stuff as a kid (close second to TF's). I have Year One somewhere too. I even had a t-shirt with this on it:

...memories.
    It may help to re-read it before the Dark Knight opens. Just to refresh your memory and all.

I would if I had it....but I don't have it (yet).

*clicks amazon.com link*

Awesome shirts!

It's hard to choose the best episode of Batman.
    Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Gotham by Gaslight, A Death in the Family...
    I even liked The Sword of Azrael. (I remember Azrael was unpopular for some reason. )

Quote Originally Posted by gunrock View Post
    I am going with a new approach with this movie and cloverfield. I am not watching any of the trailers i want to go into each movie with no expectations
    the cloverfield trailers...dont tell u ANYTHING at all. So your fine if u want to watch those.

Quote Originally Posted by xAgonyxScenex View Post
    the cloverfield trailers...dont tell u ANYTHING at all. So your fine if u want to watch those.
    Yeah, the new (err...yes, new) trailer doesn't tell much.

Internet speculation is running rampant!!! I'm not even visiting the Web site or anything regarding that movie. I don't know if I want to see it or not.

Looks fine

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Awesome shirts!
    It's hard to choose the best episode of Batman.
    Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, The Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Gotham by Gaslight, A Death in the Family...
    I even liked The Sword of Azrael. (I remember Azrael was unpopular for some reason. )
    Dude, Azrael was the shit! Most people are mad because he changed the costume and that it wasn't Dick who replaced Bruce in the first place. Either way Knightfall was one of those great Batman stories too. That issue with Abbotor (sp) still gives me the willies thinking about it ... A nut job who thinks that eating family members makes him stronger. Yes, Batman had to take out a Cannibal!

For me choosing favorite Batman books it's pretty difficult. I usually go for the Miller stuff first then the Loeb stuff (I love how BB worked in the Falcone family from The Long Halloween and Dark Victory). Those two tend to have more of the psychos.

Here's a good question. Who's your favorite Batman psycho? Mine's Victor Zsasz, he's a serial killer who uses the weapon he uses to kill to also scar himself. By now his entire body is covered in scars and each one represents a life he's taken. He showed up in Batman Begins but he was just on trial and sent to Arkham, we didn't even get to see him take a razor to a chick. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsasz

Dude, Azrael was the shit! Most people are mad because he changed the costume and that it wasn't Dick who replaced Bruce in the first place. Either way Knightfall was one of those great Batman stories too. That issue with Abbotor (sp) still gives me the willies thinking about it ... A nut job who thinks that eating family members makes him stronger. Yes, Batman had to take out a Cannibal!

For me choosing favorite Batman books it's pretty difficult. I usually go for the Miller stuff first then the Loeb stuff (I love how BB worked in the Falcone family from The Long Halloween and Dark Victory). Those two tend to have more of the psychos.

Here's a good question. Who's your favorite Batman psycho? Mine's Victor Zsasz, he's a serial killer who uses the weapon he uses to kill to also scar himself. By now his entire body is covered in scars and each one represents a life he's taken. He showed up in Batman Begins but he was just on trial and sent to Arkham, we didn't even get to see him take a razor to a chick. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zsasz
    I can't answer that question yet because I have yet to see how Nolan's going to play each of these villains out.

I mean his psychos overall. If one were to go off how Zsasz was portrayed in the film he's just a mob killer. Another good Batman nutjob is Firefly.

Oh, have you guys seen the Arkham Asylum fan film? It's pretty insane, they got the crazy look of the art and I thought that would be pretty impossible making an impressionistic book come to life. It's in spanish but it does have subtitles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7W3...eature=related

I mean his psychos overall. If one were to go off how Zsasz was portrayed in the film he's just a mob killer. Another good Batman nutjob is Firefly.

Oh, have you guys seen the Arkham Asylum fan film? It's pretty insane, they got the crazy look of the art and I thought that would be pretty impossible making an impressionistic book come to life. It's in spanish but it does have subtitles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7W3...eature=related
    I just pre-ordered the hard back edition of the Killing Joke. It doesn't come out until March 19, so puh-lenty of time to read it before the movie comes out. Cheaper than the other versions too.

Dude, Azrael was the shit! Most people are mad because he changed the costume and that it wasn't Dick who replaced Bruce in the first place.
    That's it! Just like it then, I remember.
    The reason I wasn't mad about him was referable to the time lag of availability. Back then importing American comics took a long time, so Japanese readers saw him after everyone already knew he was a temporary stand-in. And I liked the way Dick was bitcing about Azbat to Tim.

Joker. I realize his dark characteristic influenced my writing so much, like this:
    [link] (looking back now, it's too much wordy. )
    Last edited by sora; 12-27-2007 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo

That is great. I want that in my photobucket for future use.

Remember, even thumb wresting with your little cousin in the kitchen Batman wins.

Remember, even thumb wresting with your little cousin in the kitchen Batman wins.
    ROTFL....even with a two year old?

Even if it's a fetus. Prime vs. Megatron ... Batman wins.

Even if it's a fetus. Prime vs. Megatron ... Batman wins.
    ROTFL

Even with me and my contributors who can sometimes get down-right nasty...Batman wins.

I can guess the end of AVP: Requiem:

Batman wins.

Personally I'm still waiting for a movie that lets Batman get open like he does in the comics. Seriously, greatest detective ever, greatest ninja ever? More people need to end the movies with broken faces.

There's a reason why he's a regular human yet all the (literal) Gods in the JLA fear him.

This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... ... but I'm a man of thirty -- of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism -- I'm born again... I smell their fear -- and it is sweet. The Dark Knight has returned - Batman from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. A story about a 55 year old Batman still smashing faces.
    Last edited by OmarB; 12-18-2007 at 01:23 PM.

I am sooo jealous of Heath Ledger. That role is an actor's dream. If played right I could see the academy looking to give him a nod after roles like Broke Back. It'll definitely take the cake for the greatest portrayal of the Character, and will 100% win MTV Movie awards best Villain if nothing more.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    Yep, yep, yep... looks like a wicked, I say Wicked portrayal. But I still don't like clowns.
    I really don't see the Joker as a clown.

No, wait, the Jack Nic version I do, but not this one.

I just see Ledger's joker as somewhat of a demented, tortured soul who 'has a taste for theatrics.'

*snickers* I just quoted the movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    I really don't see the Joker as a clown.

No, wait, the Jack Nic version I do, but not this one.

I just see Ledger's joker as somewhat of a demented, tortured soul who 'has a taste for theatrics.'

*snickers* I just quoted the movie....

Notice that they did keep the cut face... Think they got it from that photo? Would be great if they did.
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    xXRavenXx:

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Notice that they did keep the cut face... Think they got it from that photo? Would be great if they did.
    I believe they did.

He has somewhat of the smile, but not the Jack Nic trademark smile.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Nicholson if ou listen doesn't seem like he tried very hard in that flick. Lines like "Woop" that he repeats in the resturant scene it is like he cued off the script and that had those exact words typed. Some of the best stuff are the lines like Wait'll they get a load of me, and Where does he get those wonderful toys. Delivered greatly. I noticed in one of the trailers or the bank scene heath has a line similar to wait'll they get a load of me. DAMN! Though the performance Ledger puts in is worth the ticket. If we have seen so little and gotten so much I can only imagine.

Batman Begins was alright I saw it in Grahmans in West Hollywood and was under whelmed, but it was a great film none the less. They gave batman back his Balls. That's why Batman's wins is so prevalent. I say Underwhelmed b/c of Spider-man being so damn good, and havin just as large of hopes. I really am jealous though it's one of the greatest Villans of all times. Cpt. Hook, Joker, Luthor, Carnage/Venom, endless list. But as far as Iconic Villains Hook and Joker are at the top for an actor. So damn different. Remember the clay looking beast the scarecrow ran with? Think of all the new villains they can choose from. This role would kick ass! Damn YOU HEATH! DAMN YOU!!!

p.s. Hey...Uhhh Heath... Bro, BB thinks you're cute **chuckle chuckle**

I can tell you who'll win the election in 2008:

BATMAN
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    Bumblebee1983:
    xXRavenXx:

You makes me laugh.

BATMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!! There's a new idea.....*scratches chin*

And Heath WAS cute in A Knight's Tale and Ten Things I Hate About You, but Brokeback....*shiver*...and this role is completely different.

And Raven, I agree with you on everything else you said about the Joker. I cannot wait for this movie to come out.

Countdown begins Jan. 1!!!

Oh, and the 'damn you, heath ledger' bit reminds me of those fanboys on aintitcoolnews that scream DAMN YOU MICHAEL BAY!!!

They really really crack me up....most of the time. Sometimes they're just plain sick.

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Nicholson if ou listen doesn't seem like he tried very hard in that flick. Lines like "Woop" that he repeats in the resturant scene it is like he cued off the script and that had those exact words typed. Some of the best stuff are the lines like Wait'll they get a load of me, and Where does he get those wonderful toys. Delivered greatly. I noticed in one of the trailers or the bank scene heath has a line similar to wait'll they get a load of me. DAMN! Though the performance Ledger puts in is worth the ticket. If we have seen so little and gotten so much I can only imagine.

Batman Begins was alright I saw it in Grahmans in West Hollywood and was under whelmed, but it was a great film none the less. They gave batman back his Balls. That's why Batman's wins is so prevalent. I say Underwhelmed b/c of Spider-man being so damn good, and havin just as large of hopes. I really am jealous though it's one of the greatest Villans of all times. Cpt. Hook, Joker, Luthor, Carnage/Venom, endless list. But as far as Iconic Villains Hook and Joker are at the top for an actor. So damn different. Remember the clay looking beast the scarecrow ran with? Think of all the new villains they can choose from. This role would kick ass! Damn YOU HEATH! DAMN YOU!!!

p.s. Hey...Uhhh Heath... Bro, BB thinks you're cute **chuckle chuckle**

I can tell you who'll win the election in 2008:

BATMAN
    Last edited by Bumblebee1983; 12-19-2007 at 08:56 AM.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.