Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Bay Wants Transformers 3 in 3D?

Default Re: Michael Bay Wants Transformers 3 in 3D

That depends, if Transformers 3 goes to a place like Cybertron then it would have different feel. However, if the majority or the entire movie is spent on Earth, then thats a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacons View Post
    That depends, if Transformers 3 goes to a place like Cybertron then it would have different feel. However, if the majority or the entire movie is spent on Earth, then thats a different story.
    But they're still machines! The light hits them differently! At all angles! There are no soft edges or rounded corners to hide in.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    turns out Bay is now being forced to do 3D. I think the only cool 3D thing in a TF movie would be the Transformations, that is all.
    It doesn't say he is being forced in the article. Just talking about it.

The 3D bandwagon is going to slow down once studios realize 3D isn't the factor to bring in box office success - its the movie itself...once studios realize 3D factor isn't what pushes audience to watch a movie they'll slow it down. It is the movie, stars and story itself that causes people to watch the movie. its kinda fucking rediculous that wee'l have to wear glasses every time we go into the theatres to watch every movie coming in 3D. they say its not a gimmick, but the fact that we have to wear glasses makes it exactly that. it forces or 'tricks' our eyes to see only a specific color band and our brain is working extra gear in putting two halves of the image together to give 'illusion' of 3D. that's why it takes a lot of focus away from what matters like the story. when people say Avatar was just incredible they are referring to the 3D...because the plot wasn't worth the 4 years of development. even if TF3 is going to be 3D i sure in hell am not watching it first time in 3D...just waayy to distracting from the plot. plus Avatar gave me major headache...so did UP 3D and monster vs. Aliens...im done with 3D.

This 3D bullshit is a gimick to all no matter how well its done...studios and manufactures don't give a fuck about the consumers except their wallet...just think about the future of your own health...how fucked up are your eyes gonna be in the long run if you watch every up coming movie in 3D? and are headaches worth seeing extra 'depth' in a movie? ...

maybe for Naiitirian freaks its worth it but is sure isn't for me.

I say no to 3D. and as much as i love TF's, IF it is 3D, its still a no. The headaches and dizziness are just not worth it. and i know i'm not the only one who feels this way.

^ Source? Google hasn't provided me with any set-in-stone proof of that... just some people theorizing. I'll believe it when Bay makes an official statement.

If it does, there will still be a 2D version. Robotic arms flying off the screen won't be the worst thing in the world...
    "to punish and enslave"

as long as it doenst mean the film needs to be rushed and the story isnt lost in place of he 3d

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    But they're still machines! The light hits them differently! At all angles! There are no soft edges or rounded corners to hide in.
    Machines of mystical proportions, besides Cybertron's geometry is not flat by any means. It has tall buildings, a core (although more mechanical that Earth), etc. It would be more of an eye candy than even something like Pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by jamjam101 View Post
    I say no to 3D. and as much as i love TF's, IF it is 3D, its still a no. The headaches and dizziness are just not worth it. and i know i'm not the only one who feels this way.
    But not EVERYONE feels that way. 3-D has a different effect for every person. Some loved it, some hated it.

On that note, should TF3 be shot in 3D? I say go for it, there are definitely people out there who are gonna wanna see it in 3D. Hell I'm interested right now! Just keep in mind guys that there is gonna be a 2D option.

Well i'm not sure what to think on this 1 i mean there was a previous post about this but at the time i firmly believed that bay did not want to do TF 3 in 3d he even stated if i'm correct that he wasn't much of a fan of 3d. Now 3d might have worked for "avatar" i don't know i haven't seen the movie but i have seen other 3d movies and like everyone else on here who have stated it does indeed cause alot of distractions so my opinion stick with 2d version ppl love transformers either way and they will c it no matter what but to me i would rather watch my fav movie of all time incomfort and leave in comfort rather than leaving as if someone took my brain out and played basket ball with it so to speak l
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

He has stated on the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen commentary (during the Megatron/Optimus Prime fight scene in the forest) is that he'd rather shoot in IMAX than 3-D. And rendering all the VFX would take much longer. It would be cool to see it in 3-D, although he thinks it's a gimmick. I personally likle the 3D, because it has improved by not using the red/blue glasses. The polarized glasses REALD uses are nice and doesn't give me a headache like the color glasses did.

Bay does not want Transformers 3 in 3D. The studio does because it's a money maker. Bay said he doesn't like 3D.

3D stands for 3 dollars more. Ticket prices that is.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    Bay does not want Transformers 3 in 3D. The studio does because it's a money maker. Bay said he doesn't like 3D.

3D stands for 3 dollars more. Ticket prices that is.
    They should just let Michael Bay shoot the movie in full IMAX with no useless 3D. If Paramount managers obliged him to use 3D then the movie will get rushed, ILM won't have enough time to finalize CGI at ultra-detailed top-notch levels and it might end up cartoonish worse than Avatar with the difference that the marketing machine at Paramount will never ever be able to hypnotize the masses into watching the movie in 3D. It would end up with either a loss or the movie underperforming, also the 3D thing would cause a lot of eye-strain and not allow Mr.Bay to deliver high-speed ultra-detailed full of CGI action scenes.
    It's right that there are less IMAX theaters than 3D enabled theaters worldwide BUT going 3D with Transformers3 would be a huge mistake, maybe worse than the insanity that is affecting Sony managers which scrapped the loved successful Spiderman franchise by Sam Raimi, which gave the group over $2.5billion in just 7 years, and now promised to deliver a tiny budget $80million pathetic movie with a comedy director that did just a single movie.
    Hasbro managers should step in and understand that forcing Mr.Bay to go 3D would only cause the franchise to sink or the 3rd movie to underperform badly and then the franchise might collapse...

Cybertron in 3D would be awsome but has TF3 in 3D been confirmed or is it still just a rumor?

It's just talk right now, nothing confirmed.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

I'm thinking full spread 2D, IMAX, & 3D...

What I'd prefer most would be the entire movie in IMAX resolution, because it looks so good on Blueray (PS3, etc.) when the DVD comes out!