View Poll Results: Transformers 3 or the Last Harry Potter will be the winner's Box Office ( 2011 ) ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transformers 3 Tops The Last Harry Potter Domestically ( but not Worldwide )

7 53.85%
  • The Last Harry Potter Tops Transformers 3 Domestically ( but not Worldwide )

0 0%
  • Transformers 3 Tops The Last Harry Potter Domestically & Worldwide

3 23.08%
  • The Last Harry Potter Tops Transformers 3 Domestically & Worldwide

4 30.77%
  • Transformers 3 Tops The Last Harry Potter Worldwide ( but not Domesticaly )

0 0%
  • The Last Harry Potter Tops Transformers 3 Worldwide ( but not Domestically )

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers 3 VS The last Harry Potter which will be the King of the Box Office ?

Default Re: Transformers 3 VS The last Harry Potter which will be the King of the Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Ummm, you do realize they have a 2-D option right? Made me wonder why everybody was so hard against TF3 being shot in 3-D. It's completely optional for you to see it in that format!
    Yes i do no that but it's really pointless doing movies in 3D when it causes more harm to ppl than good y don't they just stick to normal 2D fashion and it is also less expensive aswell.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Default Re: Transformers 3 VS The last Harry Potter which will be the King of the Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    2007 - Domestically, "Transformers" made $319,246,193, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" made $292,004,738.

But worldwide, "Transformers" made $709,709,780, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" made $938,212,738.

-----------

2009 - Domestically, "Revenge of the Fallen" made $402,111,870, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" made $301,959,197.

Worldwide, "Revenge of the Fallen" made $835,274,255,"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" made $933,959,197.

It's a pattern.
    Look again. Worldwide, TF did over 700 million and ROTF topped that with over 800 million. Harry Potter is a different story. Phoenix made 938 million and Prince dropped to 933 million. Yes it is a pattern. Transformers movies are making more each time and Harry Potter goes done each time. Considering how the last book was recieved, I think it will definitly not do as well as the others. It is very possible Transformers might inch past it in 2011.

Banned

I agree with you phoenix Girl ))))

Quote Originally Posted by Primes_Girl81 View Post
    Yes i do no that but it's really pointless doing movies in 3D when it causes more harm to ppl than good y don't they just stick to normal 2D fashion and it is also less expensive aswell.
    Harm? What kind of harm? Headaches? I saw Avatar in 3-D twice, and it didn't harm me. Okay, so I had a headache with my first viewing, but that was induced by my over-excitement for the film BEFORE I walked into the theater. The 3-D just didn't help it, as it was a massive visual-audio sensory experience which does not mix well with headaches. I'm sure a normal 2-D screen would have done the same thing to me.

And people should be very well aware that 3-D is more expensive. You seem to have this notion that it's a horrible thing, well don't forget that there are people out there who actually love to see movies in 3-D, me being one of them.

Harm? What kind of harm? Headaches? I saw Avatar in 3-D twice, and it didn't harm me. Okay, so I had a headache with my first viewing, but that was induced by my over-excitement for the film BEFORE I walked into the theater. The 3-D just didn't help it, as it was a massive visual-audio sensory experience which does not mix well with headaches. I'm sure a normal 2-D screen would have done the same thing to me.

And people should be very well aware that 3-D is more expensive. You seem to have this notion that it's a horrible thing, well don't forget that there are people out there who actually love to see movies in 3-D, me being one of them.
    Yes that's all good and well but every individual has different reactions just because u only had a headache doesn't mean someone else will have the same reaction i know of ppl who complained that they would have watched the 2d version rather than sit there all hours feeling intensely sick and not enjoying the movie.
    There have also been complaints of ppl who have had severe balance problems after viewing avatar, so yes i don't like 3D as it causes to much discomfort among others if u like 3D that's fine i'm not arguing who likes 3D or not I'm just pointing out the fact that it's just pointless discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    Look again. Worldwide, TF did over 700 million and ROTF topped that with over 800 million. Harry Potter is a different story. Phoenix made 938 million and Prince dropped to 933 million. Yes it is a pattern. Transformers movies are making more each time and Harry Potter goes done each time. Considering how the last book was recieved, I think it will definitly not do as well as the others. It is very possible Transformers might inch past it in 2011.

Keeping fingers crossed

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    Worldwide, TF did over 700 million and ROTF topped that with over 800 million. Harry Potter is a different story. Phoenix made 938 million and Prince dropped to 933 million. Yes it is a pattern. Transformers movies are making more each time and Harry Potter goes done each time.

You're forgetting one crucial thing - we're not comparing Transformers to Transformers and Harry Potter to Harry Potter. We're comparing Transformers to Harry Potter. With that in mind, look up the numbers again.

And I agree with Sillypuddy who said, "Potter will crush Transformers 3 worldwide...Potter is way more of a cultural icon than Transformers....hits a much bigger audience worldwide (i.e. Europe)."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    You're forgetting one crucial thing - we're not comparing Transformers to Transformers and Harry Potter to Harry Potter. We're comparing Transformers to Harry Potter. With that in mind, look up the numbers again.

And I agree with Sillypuddy who said, "Potter will crush Transformers 3 worldwide...Potter is way more of a cultural icon than Transformers....hits a much bigger audience worldwide (i.e. Europe)."
    Yes it's better to be realistic than deny the fact HP will be much of a bigger hit than TF3 Though i want TF3 to be 1st!

Yeah, whoever says "OMFG TF3 IS GONNA BE THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM EVAAARRR!!!" needs to accept the fact that reality is gonna bite them in the ass when they find out it won't be the highest grossing film ever.

But through the whole buzz of what movie's making more money than the other, how much the critics are blasting it, the whole BS with the Academy not nominating it for anything, blah blah blah, it all comes down to one important thing. Whether or not we as individuals will love the movie. Everything else should not phase that.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

But through the whole buzz of what movie's making more money than the other, how much the critics are blasting it, the whole BS with the Academy not nominating it for anything, blah blah blah, it all comes down to one important thing. Whether or not we as individuals will love the movie. Everything else should not phase that.

Exactly.

Banned

And you forgot also something ) The fate of a film lies upon the makers and their power to advertising a film as well as to produce a good film with a good story and addictive for everyone out there . If they want TF3 as a king that's it will be if not . . . oh god its a pity because TRANSFORMERS deserves to be at least 1 time king of the year though !!!
    Last edited by PSofosNextGen; 02-14-2010 at 11:55 AM.