Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how did the emotional part of the movie grab u ?

Default how did the emotional part of the movie grab u ?

Ok i was just thinking i know this will probably come across as a sappy question to some but i think a movies emotional side is also very important to capture that feeling when things go unexpectedly now me personally i felt absolutely horrible when i saw megatron kill's optimus prime that particular scene really made me feel like i lost a true friend i know for others it mite not be the same so i'm posting this thread to find out what particular scene did it for u as in what part of the movie made u really connect to the emotional side of things. thoughts????
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: how did the emotional part of the movie grab u ?

Quote Originally Posted by Primes_Girl81 View Post
    ...what particular scene did it for u...

Definitely the scene in Egypt between Sam and his dad ( "You're my son...we're all going together!" ). It wasn't cheesy, it wasn't fake, it was pure emotion and pure drama - probably my favorite scene of the entire movie. The look on Ron's face was truly heartbreaking, and the scene was the ultimate proof that the parents were real characters, not just "your usual comic relief".

You're my son!.jpg

I have to agree with Bayhem. That scene was extremely well done.

As for when Prime died..maybe I have grown immune to it since I have been watching/reading some form of TF for the past 25 years.. Poor OP has more lives then all the cats owned by a spinster woman...combined. I was more upset when Jazz died in TF1..just because it was unexpected.
    Jazz: "We're not Gods...We're just fancy machines" The God Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Definitely the scene in Egypt between Sam and his dad ( "You're my son...we're all going together!" ). It wasn't cheesy, it wasn't fake, it was pure emotion and pure drama - probably my favorite scene of the entire movie. The look on Ron's face was truly heartbreaking, and the scene was the ultimate proof that the parents were real characters, not just "your usual comic relief".

You're my son!.jpg
    yes i happen to agree with u bayhem the scene with sam's dad definetly got me going and also the look on sam's mothers eye was also quite powerful and also the scene where sam is killed by megatron and mikaela's pleas 4 same to come back to her and when she told him she loved her i thought that was quite powerful aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz935 View Post
    I have to agree with Bayhem. That scene was extremely well done.

As for when Prime died..maybe I have grown immune to it since I have been watching/reading some form of TF for the past 25 years.. Poor OP has more lives then all the cats owned by a spinster woman...combined. I was more upset when Jazz died in TF1..just because it was unexpected.
    Yes i hate watching that particular scene when megatron kills jazz i think it's the only part of the movie i hate

Drake

It was spoiled for me, as they kept showing scenes with OP in the trailers that hadn't happened before his death. So while it was surprising, I knew he'd be back, because the trailers showed him in later scenes.

The parent scene was the most emotional one, and pretty much the only emotional one in the movie. The Sam death scene wasn't emotional either, because there was that cool shot of the helicopter flying overhead distracting the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The Sam death scene wasn't emotional either, because there was that cool shot of the helicopter flying overhead distracting the crap out of me.

The music made the scene emotional, in my view. Lisbeth Scott's voice was truly amazing.

I was a bit grabbed by Prime's death because I hadn't been paying much attention to the trailers to that end. I liked the music with Sam's "death" but I figured he'd be back...
    Back then I didn't know that Prime always comes back...
    "to punish and enslave"

I did not find any emo scenes in the movie. I just wished more of the human cast would have died and the twins.... that would have been sooooo emotional to see them dead in a happy way.

Incidentally I hope the third movie would be darker...but I doubt this will happen.

Mikaela being distraught when Sam was in danger (Steel Mill and Egypt).

in the barn looking after the llamas! +_+

i cryed 8 times.
    when Prime died
    when Sam died and little bits inbetween.
    even when they brought Prime back ta life my heart still
    ached for him!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alASw1GdaL4
    most beautiful thing i have ever seen!

I didn't really get emotional at all. Same with the first movie when Makeila grabs Sam and tells him "I'm glad I got in that car with you." i was actually angry that they put that they stopped the action for that. Prime getting killed kinda startled me for a few seconds, but that was it.

I got emotional a bit at the parents scene with Sam. At that point, his parents went from goofy to oscar worthy.

Also a bit when Sam died, just because of the music and how Mikaela was acting.

Prime's "death" was a shock at first, then I remember that he'd probably come back because of scenes from the trailer.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    I got emotional a bit at the parents scene with Sam. At that point, his parents went from goofy to oscar worthy.

Well put.

Bumblebee always pulled my heart strings..I love his facial expressions- when Sam tells him its time their relationship changed, when Prime is killed and when Sam dies.

What I really liked also was the music building up at the final fight of the Fallen and Prime "Die like your brothers" "They were your brothers too"

I am still mad about Jazz.

One emotional part I liked was Prime's angry expression at... whatisname. The way his eyes narrow after he says "... and you're wrong?"
    "to punish and enslave"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
    One emotional part I liked was Prime's angry expression at... whatisname. The way his eyes narrow after he says "... and you're wrong?"
    That was emotional??

i cired when optimus died hah
    Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    That was emotional??

Anger is an emotion... and the stupidity of the guy Prime was made at made me mad so...
    "to punish and enslave"

Banned

I cried when sam almost died

When Bumblebee says, "You are the person I care for most in my life. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."

the scene who sam died was one of the most emotional of that two movies for me

Actually, there was no such things as an "emotional" part in the movie, atleast not in the way you mean it. The death of Optimus Prime was kinda shocking, thats true. But also "emotional" was the awaking of Optimus Prime.

However, the things that were supposed to be emotional (in the meaning of sad) in the general way, like the father and sam scene and sams death were not emotional, but more or less annoying.

And this is when i realised what Michael Bay is really good in: Finding the perfect balance between visuals, action and emotion. Optimus Primes ressurection was kind of an "action" scene, but it was also pretty emotional.
    Same thing for bumblebees capture in TF1: It was kind off visual, but it was a really emotional scene.
    Same thing goes for the scenes after optimus primes death, where bumblebee speaks to sam.

Those were all great emotional scenes. However the scenes that were cleary to be "emotional" werent in any way.

You know what i mean?

Of course in most of these scenes i meant with "emotional" = sad.
    When we take emotional in the real meaning of the word: Hell, this movie had alot of emotion for me!

I thought it was a powerful sequence but thank god Optie came back to life, it's not as emotional as 1986's animated TF movie where he actually died.

The scene where Sam confronts Bumblebee after Prime has been killed gets me every time. With the combination of Bee's facial expressions, the clips he plays, and that music , it's just a great scene.