Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C l o v e r f i e l d 2

Default Re: C l o v e r f i e l d 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I'm going to have to say Godzilla for this one. It especially sounds like it in the Russian video.

But yeah, thanks for sharing. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways.
    Actually, I take that back. some commenters on the web are saying that this might actually be fore Guillermo de Toro's Pacific Rim. Seeing that the movie already has a set date and is already being filmed, I think that sounds about right.

Pacific Rim indeed makes sense. Whichever from the three still a very clever campaign.

I'd rule out Godzilla simply because I don't see him showing up in all these places. Pacific Rim does seem to be a better fit since it will contain several monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I'd rule out Godzilla simply because I don't see him showing up in all these places. Pacific Rim does seem to be a better fit since it will contain several monsters.
    And giant robots.

After watching more of these videos, it turns out that the Russian video has actually been online since August. Many of the other videos have had the Russian video's sound pasted over their footage. August seems a tad early to start viral marketing a movie that's coming out summer of 2013. The recent explosion of "strange sound heard in X!!!!" videos might actually be a new fad that has nothing to do with Godzilla or Pacific Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    And giant robots.

After watching more of these videos, it turns out that the Russian video has actually been online since August. Many of the other videos have had the Russian video's sound pasted over their footage. August seems a tad early to start viral marketing a movie that's coming out summer of 2013. The recent explosion of "strange sound heard in X!!!!" videos might actually be a new fad that has nothing to do with Godzilla or Pacific Rim.
    Okay, it turns out this is all just some stupid hoax people on YouTube have been pulling ever since Red State came out, this guy pretty much sums it all up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFNM86I2-U

No Godzilla/Cloverfield 2/Pacific Rim viral marketing campaign here. Move along.