Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C l o v e r f i e l d 2

Default Re: C l o v e r f i e l d 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I'm going to have to say Godzilla for this one. It especially sounds like it in the Russian video.

But yeah, thanks for sharing. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways.
    Actually, I take that back. some commenters on the web are saying that this might actually be fore Guillermo de Toro's Pacific Rim. Seeing that the movie already has a set date and is already being filmed, I think that sounds about right.

Pacific Rim indeed makes sense. Whichever from the three still a very clever campaign.

I'd rule out Godzilla simply because I don't see him showing up in all these places. Pacific Rim does seem to be a better fit since it will contain several monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I'd rule out Godzilla simply because I don't see him showing up in all these places. Pacific Rim does seem to be a better fit since it will contain several monsters.
    And giant robots.

After watching more of these videos, it turns out that the Russian video has actually been online since August. Many of the other videos have had the Russian video's sound pasted over their footage. August seems a tad early to start viral marketing a movie that's coming out summer of 2013. The recent explosion of "strange sound heard in X!!!!" videos might actually be a new fad that has nothing to do with Godzilla or Pacific Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    And giant robots.

After watching more of these videos, it turns out that the Russian video has actually been online since August. Many of the other videos have had the Russian video's sound pasted over their footage. August seems a tad early to start viral marketing a movie that's coming out summer of 2013. The recent explosion of "strange sound heard in X!!!!" videos might actually be a new fad that has nothing to do with Godzilla or Pacific Rim.
    Okay, it turns out this is all just some stupid hoax people on YouTube have been pulling ever since Red State came out, this guy pretty much sums it all up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFNM86I2-U

No Godzilla/Cloverfield 2/Pacific Rim viral marketing campaign here. Move along.

Default The Clover-Verse

Default Re: Cloverfield 3?

David Oyelowo and Gugu Mbatha-Raw to Lead J.J. Abrams Sci-Fi Thriller ‘God Particle’
    Is this another 'Cloverfield' movie?

From Vulture 06/11/2012
    J.J. Abrams's Bad Robot Orbiting God Particle at Paramount

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Brodesser-Akner
    We hear that Paramount Pictures has picked up a script called God Particle for J.J. Abrams's Bad Robot to produce from Oren Uziel — the same screenwriter who penned the macabre zombies, vampires, and humans-versus-invading-aliens action-comedy The Kitchen Sink for Sony Pictures.

A rep for the director declined comment, and while details are scant, the logline seems classic Abrams bait: After a physics experiment with a large hadron accelerator causes the Earth to seemingly vanish completely, the terrified crew of an orbiting American space station is left floating in the middle of now-even-more-empty space. When a European spacecraft appears on their radar, the Americans must determine whether it’s their salvation, or a harbinger of doom.

Still, don’t let your heart beat too fast, for based on what else our spies tell us, it seems unlikely that Abrams would direct God Particle. Paramount’s plan is to shoot the whole film for under $5 million; that means it's likely to be released by its newfound Insurge Pictures micro-budget division, which launched in 2010. Of course, Paramount already knew a bit about wringing big profits from anorexic budgets before then: Its Paranormal Activity franchise has grossed $575 million worldwide from three films whose budgets, even when added all together, don’t even crack $9 million. (Naturally, a fourth is on the way.)

Other studios have been quick to embrace the “nothing ventured, everything gained” model: This year's CBS Films Daniel Radcliffe thriller The Woman in Black, for example, was made for $13 million, but cost just $3 million to acquire and $14 million to market and distribute in the U.S. It went on to make $127 million worldwide. Likewise, Fox's Chronicle cost just $22 million to make and has grossed $126 million worldwide.

But the first film released under the Insurge label, this year’s The Devil Inside, was a truly execrable piece of filmmaking whose only impressive achievement is that despite being made for $1 million, it went on to gross $101 million worldwide. (It is the rare film to receive a CinemaScore of F — almost none do — and even rarer for becoming a hit nonetheless.) Hopefully, the involvement of Abrams’s Bad Robot won’t just guarantee God Particle a ridiculous profit margin should it get made, but also ensure some sort of quality control.