Thread: Alice could have used a lot more

Default Alice could have used a lot more

Now, I'm aware of the Pretender concept being used a long time ago in that old "Masterforce" anime (every one in there being way better than this Alice trash), but why was it that Alice had absolutely nothing going for her in ROTF?

Seeing as the ability to become humanoid is such a big step with Transformers, why did they take it so lightly and for granted with Alice? There wasn't even any baby steps up to her being one of the Decepticons. She just pulled it right out of nowhere. At least have some issues with being "not human" or "one of them". Way to make it even less convincing now.

And then she had no connection to the other Decepticons at all. Then what was she gathering info from Sam for? And for who?

Which brings me to another point, WHY was Barricade cut from ROTF anyway? Even if he was there, what would he do with Alice, or what was he supposed to do? So were there some deleted scenes where Barricade was with Alice, thus explaining her better and making her even more believable/tolerable?

And she was the only Pretender to even be there. Thus lowering her promise (and that of the Pretender idea's) even further, along with being crapped out at the last minute and taken for granted. With their lack of interest on the Pretender idea, Alice was not supposed to be there, even.

Next TF movie, needs another Pretender or two. Ones that aren't shoddy, last-minute excuses for pestering us further with the annoying Sam and co.

There, got that off my chest. You can speak your piece on the matter or chastise me and brick me hard for making a huge issue about it. But for now, I've done my part.

Default Re: Alice could have used a lot more

I'm not going to brick you. What you're saying is totally fair. I don't know why the story could have been more cohesive especially since it's extratrerrestial sci fi and the "uhm... magic!" reasoning is in effect! It's weird. You'd think plot (a series of events as opposed to the indivuals character's response to the events) would be a screenwriter's primary skill because they're dealing with an action-oriented medium.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Alice's only goal was to keep track of Sam in disguise. As Bumblebee did. She learned that Sam knew something, thus he was attacked, kidnapped, and taken to Megatron for examination. Alice's role was kept entirely. As for her Technology and Human form, well, you'd guess they could master nano-technology, and assume they have the idea of replicating forms (Bumblee Bee and the Camero in #1). I really think Alice fits right in with what she did and what her meaning was.

Actually, on the side of a third TF movie, should be a side film where it further explains Alice's backstory as a Pretender, all with Barricade and maybe even a few other Pretenders.

Transformers: The Pretender Chronicles

...or something, I guess.

This movie being completely intended as an elaborate apology for being lazy/rushed with her character in ROTF, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    Alice's only goal was to keep track of Sam in disguise. As Bumblebee did. She learned that Sam knew something, thus he was attacked, kidnapped, and taken to Megatron for examination. Alice's role was kept entirely. As for her Technology and Human form, well, you'd guess they could master nano-technology, and assume they have the idea of replicating forms (Bumblee Bee and the Camero in #1). I really think Alice fits right in with what she did and what her meaning was.
    Was she really connected to Megatron? For some reason I though she wasn't. It was though she was there on behalf of someone else...

Anyone ever notice this?

lol, coincidence maybe?
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

No, because in my version of reality the events of that first image did not take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Anyone ever notice this?

lol, coincidence maybe?
    Yep, First time I saw Alice transforming that's the first thing that came to mind.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Difference is, that right there had a lot more thought and effort put into it than Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Was she really connected to Megatron? For some reason I though she wasn't. It was though she was there on behalf of someone else...
    Again, she was there on the behalf of nobody, rendering her even more pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjo-Bazooie View Post
    Again, she was there on the behalf of nobody, rendering her even more pointless.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

She is rather notably more advanced than her fellow Decepticons... and if Reedman can shatter into pieces and reform and back again...

Eh, I'll direct you back to my other post here:

Actually, on the side of a third TF movie, should be a side film where it further explains Alice's backstory as a Pretender, all with Barricade and maybe even a few other Pretenders.

Transformers: The Pretender Chronicles

...or something, I guess.

This movie being completely intended as an elaborate apology for being lazy/rushed with her character in ROTF, no doubt.

Eh, I'll direct you back to my other post here:
    An apology!? The fans begged for every bloody bot in the mythology and it's clear to me that Bay and the writers did everything they could to fulfull that wish. They need not apologize to anyone.

You didn't really get what I was getting across, hm? I'll clarify now:

Okay, so they got in most of what we fans wanted, but Alice was just a last-minute thingy that wasn't even a real one (if you will), getting the "Not Supposed To Be There" stamp.

When I said they should make a complete Pretender-based film alongside TF3, it should center the story around Alice and explain her better and further to make up for where they screwed up with her in ROTF. Since when were the Transformers capable of imitating humans like that? And all that jazz.
    Last edited by Kanjo-Bazooie; 01-17-2010 at 12:22 AM.

I liked the concept of alice however i do agree that there could have been a much more detailed explanation of how she got to be there and who ordered her to be there it came across to me that she was just acting indepenantly and i also like the idea of a movie about the pretenders
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

If there was gonna be a movie like that all about her (TPC, The Pretender Chronicles), then it should start with the REAL Alice (as a human) getting killed somehow, and then getting reborn into a 'Con.

Yeah, just a start.

And from there, THEN there will be more than meets the eye to her. With a full movie about it, that way they'll be FORCED to tell us more about her.
    Last edited by Kanjo-Bazooie; 01-18-2010 at 04:15 PM.

If there was gonna be a movie like that all about her (TPC, The Pretender Chronicles), then it should start with the REAL Alice (as a human) getting killed somehow, and then getting reborn into a 'Con.

Yeah, just a start.

And from there, THEN there will be more than meets the eye to her. With a full movie about it, that way they'll be FORCED to tell us more about her.
    So until this comes around, ALICE DOES NOT EVEN EXIST AND IS NOT A REAL TRANSFORMER!

Alright, I'm done now. There we go.
    Last edited by Kanjo-Bazooie; 01-19-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kanjo-bazooie View Post
    if there was gonna be a movie like that all about her (tpc, the pretender chronicles), then it should start with the real alice (as a human) getting killed somehow, and then getting reborn into a 'con.

Yeah, just a start.

And from there, then there will be more than meets the eye to her. With a full movie about it, that way they'll be forced to tell us more about her.
    hahahahaha!!!
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Ehn. My idea was better.

Banned

I don`t think everybody gets the story.

these robots are playing a game. and there is hollywood rules on top of it. however, the purpose is not given, and the film may be playing around like james bond. as it never gives:
    1. are the evil robots evil and stupid, or 2. evil and just playing a game.

alice is just there to tribute, or doing advanced mockery on cameroon. and the film is beyond two hours.

Personally, I never got the impression that Alice was not acting on behalf of, or for, the Decepticons. Just because she wasn't seen to be associating with them doesn't mean she isn't one herself. Wheelie is seen to know where Sam lives, and it's not unreasonable to think or assume he has known where Sam lives and may have been relaying information about him before the events of RotF, so I don't think it's a stretch to think she was planted with the help of other unseen Decepticons.

I wouldn't say that Alice as a character was 'rushed' or 'cut short' - her purpose in the story was to showcase a new threat, a robot disguised as a person. This was accomplished within the story.

As an aside, in the comic and novelisation, it is shown that Alice is actually based on an animatronic robot at a theme park, so the Alice pretender robot did not actually scan a person; she scanned a machine and replicated its appearance perfectly.
    Last edited by Ultra Magnus; 01-20-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnus View Post
    Personally, I never got the impression that Alice was not acting on behalf of, or for, the Decepticons. Just because she wasn't seen to be associating with them doesn't mean she isn't one herself. Wheelie is seen to know where Sam lives, and it's not unreasonable to think or assume he has known where Sam lives and may have been relaying information about him before the events of RotF, so I don't think it's a stretch to think she was planted with the help of other unseen Decepticons.

I wouldn't say that Alice as a character was 'rushed' or 'cut short' - her purpose in the story was to showcase a new threat, a robot disguised as a person. This was accomplished within the story.

As an aside, in the comic and novelisation, it is shown that Alice is actually based on an animatronic robot at a theme park, so the Alice pretender robot did not actually scan a person; she scanned a machine and replicated its appearance perfectly.

Hmm!! i actually didn't know that part lol! and come to think about it that seems more logical to me now.
    "The only human female to ever fall in love with a prime"

What would make Alice a better - or even "deeper" - character would be if Mikaela "battled" her with some hot Mikaela on Alice action.

Alice would try holding her back with her breasts becoming guns (amazing!), but Mikaela would snuff them both, disabling them, and keep on doing Alice so hard that the Matrix comes (heh) out of her.

Yes, the fate of the whole entire world would be in the hands of this yuri thingy right here.

Also, aren't Autobot Pretenders the ones who use human forms? Another screw up?

Which leads to the next thing...What if Alice was an Autobot instead?

Also, aren't Autobot Pretenders the ones who use human forms? Another screw up?

Which leads to the next thing...What if Alice was an Autobot instead?
    Meh, disregard this entirely. I could be wrong, however. I'm sure some of the 'cons have been that way well before back then.

Banned

alice from transformers 2 movie is on youtube ! haha its on http://www.youtube.com/therealalicelucas