Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Script

Banned

Default Re: Script

Me too !! the script was awesome ! This kinda of script will be making tons of money like Avatar and more if at the end of course it has any sign of Unicron introdusing TF4 and the future Transformers !!!!

Banned

(i was going to quote a 'star trek' post but now i can not find it..) so far how i see it, the series in general: tf1: it was about showing that a live acton transformers movie could be done, with a credible way to show that transformer robots could be in the same space and interact with humans, and it was done. for me it was a milestone, just like jurassic park where it was shown for the first time credible cgi creatures interacting with humans,a dn it was like 'wow'. second movie: MBay was trying to emulate 'matrix', where the w. brothers said they wanted to push the limits in each movie. this had unwanted results, it had no interesting plot but instead was 'pushing the limits' on the technical side, which brought unwanted effects to the story: the first parachute jump, at the opening sequence (not when he is dead), with unnecessary camera movement. it does not change the script, but distracts from the events. a robot that poses as human (oh they did it in terminator, i know how to do it and i can do it too. the fact that you can do it does not mean it will look good in the movie, and it looked kinda lame). the scene with the balls that turn into a paper thin thingy, well it goes against credible physics. OK mr Bay, on the visuals, you got an A++ as long as you dont change the plot to accomodate visuals. you got the part of putting gigantic robots that transform and interact with humans very good, if you dont overdo it (but as i said in a previous post, please take care of the jumps, and some movements, like 'jazz' in the first movie, or any jump that was not motion captured. the speed along the jump changes, there is gravity wich is an acceleration, wich means in the top of te jump the speed is zero. a minor detail, the rest is great). sound is awesome, both in 1 and 2, humor is great in 1, and if you were beavis and butthead you would laught your ass(can i say ass here?) with the second -'he said poop, he he'-. but if you are out of the 16-17 range, it will probably not appeal that much to you. on plot, the firts was great, and probably MB thought it was gonna be that and that was it. they told him, hey, this is great lets make a second one, so he came with a plot that was just to fill the air time.. but its been said enough about that already and i am not gonna rant about this here. the third one: Mr bay has the visuals at top, the sound is great also, so lets check the other details: 1. humor, fake or not, the knight rider part was nice as long as it is not pushed too much (as in 'is funny the first 3 times'), but if there is no 'time travel' no point on that. about humor, the nice part about humor in the first movie is that was not about jockstraps. it was the way the situation evolved, and it was credible, and it was not the characters trying to have an attitude (except for jazz). if the range of the third movie is not the same range that would watch ninja turtles, this is not the humor that should be addressed in this movie. the plot: (next post, this is getting too long..)

Banned

about the plot. it should have a background. as things have come out, as in previous post, probably the idea was only one tf movie, then came the second which was written just to put some robots on screen, but now we have a third one. i believe that mr Bay listens to what people say, and that is a good thing (used with caution, since people can also say lame things, and if not used with own criteria the result would be only those lame things we say). since we have now a series, and not just a movie (the second can be partially excuse, it got by surprise and there was no plans or need for a background, since there was not expected more than one), but the thing is, now there is a third movie. it should have a background. i was going to quote the star trek phrase because of this, and something that happened yesterday. 1. create background for the series. it does not mean you have to explain all the background in the next movie. then else you would have nothing to show for the next ones. is to know what are you writting sbout, and how is gonna be developed. not something to show (it qould be shown, but partially). set 'what is the conflict of that background, what is the scenary, what is the situation, why are they fighting, how it all started, what is the story'. to have this background (for yourself, not for the movie), will allow you to be consistent, and not to vchange the plot from one movie to another, or in the case of the second movie, change whats been said in the first one. it looses credibility. set a background (even if not to the minimum detail), get comfortable with it, stick to it. it would be nice to have a g1 related background (besides of some comments about those juvenile g1 fanboys above, probably because transformers fans got to be fans because f something different than g1),i for one (a g1 fanboy) was kinda happy when i read about the arch, teletraan and the nemesis in the fake or not fake script. now here goes the star trek thing: i am not a star trek fan, and i finf kind of silly that somebody wants to dress like that (though i do some other silly things on my own). i am not familiar with all star trek universe and stuff, but i am aware of all that represents. yesterday there was a show on tv, and i was watching it by parts. there were some things that i could not diggest too well (i try not to be a nitpicker, but sonce star trek fans seem to be very nitpicky, i was surprised of many things like 'how is that they can be so nitpicky but they can not see things like that', or whatever). so i watched by parts, to have a general grip of the plot, while i watched cartoons in some other channel. since i lost big part of it, then i wen to wikipedia to read the plot and fill the voids. when reading the plot from a star trek movie in wikipedia you could see a lot of things, so thats what i am suggesting: as i said, there were some things that were not easy on the eyes (or the ears, brain etc) watching star trek, but if you read the plot in general, not the face of x character in x scene, or the dialog, you see that it has a nice plot. there is a credible conflict situation, it developes in a credible way (credible as coherent with the universe it is presented, not credible in a way that we know a species of humanoids with fins in their head) and the way they solve it was surprising and ingenuous, and not a card under the sleeve that leaves anyoune like ..uhh?. in some reviews i rad that for the second movie MB got somebody with 'enciclopedi knowledge on the transformers universe'. my suggestion: get those people to create a background that will remain across the series, set the state of the conflict and what is the conflict, historical background, why the conflic started, what is the scenary etc. the facts of the transformers universe. (like a guide, nt to put it all in the movie at once). 2. get some star trek guys to write the 'macro' plot of the movie. they will set what is the thisng or part of the general conflict that must be solved in THIS movie (a part of the problem), but NOT to write the dialogs or the jokes, 3. get the people that wrote the 1 and 2 movie to fill the dialogs and jokes, avoiding catch phrases and jockstarp jokes. good luck

Banned

umm.. sorry for all the typos above, after it was all written i saw it was too long to review all that.. about the jumps, i mean for example the walk/jumps of rampage; the trajectory is ok, but the gravity does not feel too good. since it may be a problem to put some light-bulbs on a real big cat and still ending with your head on, you may want to try for example 'rotoscope' on some real nature footage

Banned

about half way through reading it now.... its quite a good read, actually... i like all the g1 references

Banned

well just finished it... pretty good i must say.... although i dont like that there was no downfall... really... i mean, they went back in time, but no autobots died or anything, it was almost always looking good

kudo's to whoever wrote it

Question Re: Script

Here's a part of the story I hadn't heard before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmJA8kgHDs

Just the beginning part...

Banned

read 15 pages and the ending. finishing up tonight but it looks like a fan writing something simular and less advanced than tf2

Talking Re: Script

Quote Originally Posted by minibay View Post
    read 15 pages and the ending. finishing up tonight but it looks like a fan writing something simular and less advanced than tf2
    TF2 had a script? Who knew?

Banned

guess it never got out then.
    3 people wrote it as I understand it.

I ment,
    -that the script as far as a came with it (reading it now and watching this romantic flick, yeah i know-like you care;=)
    looked like something a fan would write right after he ran out from the cinema watching transformers 2.
    I don`t know who wrote it or why there is a copy floating around. And the non-written details could freakin kick some ass.
    Its a cool read so far.
    Like a little book with transformers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minibay View Post
    guess it never got out then.
    3 people wrote it as I understand it.
    he was being sarcastic

Banned

but i don`t like jokes

Post Re: Script

For me Transformers ROTF was like a LONG boring car trip. You're speeding down the highway on your way to wherever and you see dozens and dozen of billboards for cool roadside attractions. However instead of taking the time to stop and visit, adding some color, adventure, and fun to your journey, you just speed by them, stopping only for gas. In the end you get there, but you missed a lot of opportunities to add a little dimension to your life.

There were a lot of things hinted at in ROTF, but nothing was dwelled on, explored, fleshed out. Lets hope the next one decides to take the time to stop and explore some of the ideas that this Universe has in it.

This explanation is a little lengthy, however, worth reading for it has many great points and ideas

The Beginning of the End for the New Generation 1 Transformers

Preface: How I see it

I look at the new Transformers Movies as the new Generation 1 Transformers. With Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg taking control of Transformers there is new hope for the robots. With 2 movies already in the can, there is room for a third and forth movie to be made by these visionaries. If they wind up making 2 more movies, with the current cast, you could round out a great story and wrap up a new Generation 1 Transformers. Here is a small write-up of how I would love to see this happen.

Section 1: More story more money... Transformers 3 and 4 should be 1 story line & 2 movies

The third and fourth Transformers movie should be 1 continued story. An example of this is Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest and At World's End. The story in these movies continued from one movie to the next making the whole tale of Davie Jones 5 hours and 19 minutes. Financially, both these movies were a huge success grossing a combined total of 2 billion dollars. If you look at other trilogies such as Lord of the Rings; Aliens-1,2,3; plus Indiana Joes which was 4 movies; you will see a constant incline in profits from one movie to it's sequel.

Section 2: 2 main story arcs

In the third movie, the humans have a larger story arc than the robots. Subsequently, in the forth movie the robots have a larger story arc than the humans. Basically the third movie has a lot more human driven elements in it that roll over to the forth movie and die out in it's first act. On the flip side, the robot driven elements of the story will start the rising action in the third act of the third movie and climax at the end of the forth movie.

Section 3: The Human Element

Without keeping a human cast when introducing a new story line for the series, the audience will loose interest in the story immediately. Looking at 3 very successful films: The Green Mile, Star Wars, and Tron there was a single common element that if not present, would have destroyed the movie's continuity... the human element. All of these movies had protagonists with some rather unrealistic powers. However, all the movies depended on the strength of the human soul to overcome adversity. Michael Bay should keep the Human world and the Armed forces in this series for the third and part of the forth movie.

Section 4: New Main Robots ideas

The Transformers mentioned here had a rather large part for Gen-1 Transformers. By adding the following robots into the third and forth movies Bay could tell one-hell of a phenomenal story.

Unicorn
    Stunticons
    Rodimus
    Springer
    Omega Supreme
    Scourge

Section 5: Plot

Transformers 3

Michael Bay wants to take the Transformers story sideways for in-depth character development and to introduce a new element to the series. To keep the human element involved, the humans and the Autobots spend a portion of the third movie reconstructing the history of the Transformers race including the The Primes, Cybertron, the Allspark, Captain Archibald Witwicky, S7, etc... Basically a back and forth of history with what is going on today, similarly to Dracula 2000. On a side note, the history of Dracula is the only part of Dracula 2000 worth watching. By going through the history in the first and second act, you can introduce a current plot coming from outer-space... Unicorn. The humans can help the Autobots start their mission into space to fight this monster. The Autobots send a distress signal into Space for help to save their race.

Transformers 4

The Autobots Launch a revolt against Unicorn using some of the elements of the 1986 Transformers movie. Almost a modern remake of the Gen-1 movie. To defeat Unicorn and other Decepticons, the Autobots need to create a new Allspark from another sun. The sun was found by an autobot that answered the call from the end of the third movie, Rodimus. The Autobots use the new Allspark to create Omega Supreme who defeats Unicorn. The Autobots then come back to Earth to finish assembly of the new Allspark complete with the history gathered from the third movie. Thus completing the story of the Allspark, and rounding out a great story as to the transformers here on Earth. I figure that this could end one chapter of the transformers story.

Section 6: Practicality

When putting all of these CGI robots next to one another, such as Ironhide attacking Unicorn, you can use a low-poly model of Ironhide with a medium definition texture while using a medium poly and high definition texture for Unicorn. When doing a medium range / close up shot you can use a lower poly model of Unicorn with a high definition texture while using a high definition texture and high poly model of ironhide. When you are up-close to something so massive, you won't see all of it in frame, so subsequently you don't need to render out the whole object. Camera blocking is going to be key here. If you think about an X-Wing attacking the Death Star, you see very organic shapes: rectangles and spheres; including a horizon because the Death Star is so massive when you are actually next to it. So, the use of low-poly shapes is not so far fetched when placing a high-definition texture over the model.

Section 7: I'm not a know-it-all

After watching the 2007 Transformers in the theaters, while leaving the cineplex, I turned to my friends and said that they are going to have to kill Optimun in the second movie. They all said I was crazy, but I had a good feeling about my statement... it made sense. I think that the ideas above, when extrapolated into a broader story is something that the Transformer fans will want to see. With the story moving away from Earth, the robots can transform into new exciting machines with more cyber-organic shapes such as Megatron as a spaceship on earth in the first movie. The new environment allows for more creative ideas to flow onto the big-screen.

Section 8: To sum up

As a film student who has a passion for film I truly want a well-rounded out 3rd and 4th story for this franchise. Besides, 2 movies making $2 billion dollars is better than 1 movie making $1 billion dollars. And if done right, I feel that Transformers 3 and 4 can set a record for a movie series making the most $$$ ever.

Cool Re: Script

Quote Originally Posted by nlg2076 View Post
    As a film student who has a passion for film I truly want a well-rounded out 3rd and 4th story for this franchise.
    Believe you me, we're all hoping for that.