Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 89

Thread: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

  1. #26

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    This is kind of like beating up a kid because his science fair volcano didn't bubble up (which would make sense when you consider that Bush undercut the proverbial kid's funding at every turn, suppressed and twisted all his research). And then running out into the street proclaiming that it means there's no such thing as volcanos....
    Not exactly.

    Proving "global warming" to be false is as simple as taking a look at the Antarctica. If it's cooling in one part of the globe, then "global warming" isn't happening. Certainly not as result of carbon emissions.

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Just close your eyes and pretend he's Jazz.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Score: Drake 1, Swift 0! :lol

    Nice one, Drake!
    BLECH!!!! im sure you want him to win, dont ya?? that must mean that ur the prize, eh?

    SHABAM!!! littleman794 scores 1000 pts, bot girl: -3

    take that!!

  3. #28
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    Not exactly.

    Proving "global warming" to be false is as simple as taking a look at the Antarctica. If it's cooling in one part of the globe, then "global warming" isn't happening. Certainly not as result of carbon emissions.
    So, if I understand you correctly, if it's snowing in North Dakota but not in Southern California (where I am) snow doesn't exist because I can't see it?
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  4. #29
    Senior Member Bot Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Northern California.
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA


    BLECH!!!! im sure you want him to win, dont ya?? that must mean that ur the prize, eh?

    SHABAM!!! littleman794 scores 1000 pts, bot girl: -3

    take that!!
    Oh, You sure got me, LM! Wow! I am sooooo wounded, oh, let me limp away crying from that epic burn!!!

    NOT!!!!!!!!
    Bot Girl
    ~~Age and treachery beats youth and skill every time!
    ~~You say "Nerd," I say "Intellectual Badass!"!

  5. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Oh, You sure got me, LM! Wow! I am sooooo wounded, oh, let me limp away crying from that epic burn!!!

    NOT!!!!!!!!


    ANYMORE SUCKAAAA

    blammo!

  6. #31
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bot Girl View Post
    Oh, You sure got me, LM! Wow! I am sooooo wounded, oh, let me limp away crying from that epic burn!!!

    NOT!!!!!!!!
    Take it to the Randomz thread, guys.

  7. #32
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    I love you, Swift

  8. #33
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I love you, Swift
    I hate you, Drake.

    Now, open your mouth for this stick of dynamite, or would you prefer to bend over?
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  9. #34
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I hate you, Drake.

    Now, open your mouth for this stick of dynamite, or would you prefer to bend over?
    If it's the latter then get his head out of the way first.

  10. #35
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    Not exactly.

    Proving "global warming" to be false is as simple as taking a look at the Antarctica. If it's cooling in one part of the globe, then "global warming" isn't happening. Certainly not as result of carbon emissions.
    Uh, do you understand anything about climatology? This post screams no, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Again, it has been stated REPEATEDLY by scientists that abnormal weather is an indicator of global warming, not the brazenly ignorant "IZ GUN BE HOT EVEREEWEAR" stupidity. Not even the slightest clue of weather systems, yet you irresponsibly propose foolish ideas in an effort to push the energy industry's propaganda. Makes sense, since you know what party is being funded by big oil. You would've latched on perfectly with the smoking is healthy campaign pushed back in the last mid-century timeframe.

    And I hate to break this to you, but other planets follow the same laws of physics as ours. Greenhouse gasses, remarkably, cause a warming effect, as seen on Venus. Unless you can can give me a solid reason why it would not be as applicable here, then by all means, explain it to me. Are you suggesting that Venus follows different laws of physics? If so, would you care to explain why?

    You also failed to acknowledge that South American nations now have to have alerts due to the hole in ozone.

  11. #36

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly, if it's snowing in North Dakota but not in Southern California (where I am) snow doesn't exist because I can't see it?
    No, you do not understand me correctly. I'm not saying "global warming" does not exist because I can't see it. I'm say "global warming" does not exist because one part of the globe is not warming. "Global warming" is a fallacy.

    Once again, if one part of the globe has been cooling for years, "global warming," key word "global", does not exist.

  12. #37

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Uh, do you understand anything about climatology? This post screams no, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Again, it has been stated REPEATEDLY by scientists that abnormal weather is an indicator of global warming, not the brazenly ignorant "IZ GUN BE HOT EVEREEWEAR" stupidity. Not even the slightest clue of weather systems, yet you irresponsibly propose foolish ideas in an effort to push the energy industry's propaganda. Makes sense, since you know what party is being funded by big oil. You would've latched on perfectly with the smoking is healthy campaign pushed back in the last mid-century timeframe.

    You know what else has been state REPEATEDLY by "scientists?" "Global cooling," in the 1970s. Some even went as far as to scare us into believing an ice age was about to occurred. As a matter of fact, some "scientists" have recently begun to prepare for a global ice age. So which is it? Oh that's right, many "scientists" have begun to drop the "global warming" phrase for a more vague, "global climate change."

    And I hate to break this to you, but other planets follow the same laws of physics as ours. Greenhouse gasses, remarkably, cause a warming effect, as seen on Venus. Unless you can can give me a solid reason why it would not be as applicable here, then by all means, explain it to me. Are you suggesting that Venus follows different laws of physics? If so, would you care to explain why?

    Mother Earth is made up of far different chemicals and composites than Venus, Mars, and so forth. It's impossible to come to a solid conclusion based on what's happening on other planets, simply based on the fact of how different our atmospheres are.

    You also failed to acknowledge that South American nations now have to have alerts due to the hole in ozone.

    You also failed to acknowledge the thousands of e-mails leading "scientists/experts" sent to one another admitting that "global warming" is a hoax. They went as far as to even admitting they have manipulated warming patterns of the last 100 years, but I understand why you wouldn't want to address that inconvenience.
    ...

  13. #38
    Senior Member Mech_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    I never bought into the whole "Global Warming" thing. Its pretty safe to say "just maybe" the earth is going through one of its normal cycles. Besides, they did create a technology that could "fix" the emissions problem, however companies and governments are too cheap buy/make them.

    If I find the link to the ocean device that gets rid of all the emissions I will post it. I read about it something like two years ago...

  14. #39
    Senior Member Morethanmeetstheeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Canadian Igloo
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    So I gotta question for you Drake.

    What is the deal with the scientists that don't believe in global warming and have facts to back it up?

    Everything that we are being told to do to help save the planet only affects the temperature by one degree. So I'm still wondering...
    Optimus Prime: "What if we leave, and your wrong?"

    Just one of the few great quotes from ROTF

  15. #40
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Morethanmeetstheeye View Post
    So I gotta question for you Drake.

    What is the deal with the scientists that don't believe in global warming and have facts to back it up?

    Everything that we are being told to do to help save the planet only affects the temperature by one degree. So I'm still wondering...
    Well, why do you think the statement that there's only 1 degree of temperature change is accurate?

    Is light made of waves or it made of particles? There's a debate. There's always a debate in science. That's why it's called theory and that's how it differs from religion. In religion, many people believe their answer is the only answer and nothing can change them.

    Science bends with overwhelming evidence. There is overwhelming evidence that we are experiencing climate change. Yes, there are natural shifts in the climate toward increased heat or cold BUT what we've discovered is that human industry is causing that heating of the earth much faster!

    What ALLHAILMEGATRON doesn't understand is that the Earth is like a human body. Each climate interacts to make the whole thing work. Damaging one area damages another. Super-heating in one area causes super-cooling in another. Massive flooding or massive droughts in one place means higher costs of food for us in the wealthy countries and poverty or even starvation for the poorer countries. And that's why it's called global warming - everyone is affected.

    Certain groups reject this idea because cleaner, healthier technology is expensive and they're cheap and don't care about anyone else but themselves. But this is foolish and endangers everyone.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  16. #41

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    What ALLHAILMEGATRON doesn't understand is that the Earth is like a human body. Each climate interacts to make the whole thing work. Damaging one area damages another. Super-heating in one area causes super-cooling in another. Massive flooding or massive droughts in one place means higher costs of food for us in the wealthy countries and poverty or even starvation for the poorer countries. And that's why it's called global warming - everyone is affected.
    That is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever read.

  17. #42
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    That is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever read.
    It's called physical geography. Buy a text book.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  18. #43
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    ...

    1: The Earth is made of different chemicals? What, are you 12? You've just said volumes.

    2: Show me the scientific backing AGINST global warming. Stop making claims without anything to back it up. You are putting forth valueless claims without backing in an attempt to refute SIMPLE chemistry. Of course, having said the Earth is made of different chemicals indicates your lack of education in the field.

    3: I will bet MONEY that any claim by any scientist that refutes global warming will in some way be connected to big oil. I am 100% certain of this.

    Stop ignoring what is actually happening, ie entire ice sheets falling into the sea, massive warming of the northern and southern poles, elongated and dangerous holes in the ozone, and a rising sea level. Disprove any of that, and have something to back it up. I know you are just a child, but that does not give you the right to make dangerously naive assertions.

    Again, you honestly think that dumping all of these emissions into the atmosphere is having zero effect? Can you POSSIBLY be that ignorant to BASIC chemistry? Instead of thinking for yourself, you keep referring to this mystical cabal of scientists that defer to your point. I am pointing out obvious changes, and you are referring to abstract concepts.

  19. #44
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    It's called physical geography. Buy a text book.

    It's like talking to a brick wall of ignorance.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It's like talking to a brick wall of ignorance.
    lol, sorry I just had to lmao at that post.
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  21. #46

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Is anyone going to address the OP (original post), or is everyone just going to simply ignore it?

  22. #47
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,115

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    That is one of the most ridiculous claims I have ever read.
    Did you fail Earth Science?

  23. #48
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Here's some FACTS, and not mindless propaganda:

    Average temperatures have climbed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) around the world since 1880, much of this in recent decades, according to NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

    The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.

    The Arctic is feeling the effects the most. Average temperatures in Alaska, western Canada, and eastern Russia have risen at twice the global average, according to the multinational Arctic Climate Impact Assessment report compiled between 2000 and 2004.

    Arctic ice is rapidly disappearing, and the region may have its first completely ice-free summer by 2040 or earlier. Polar bears and indigenous cultures are already suffering from the sea-ice loss.

    Glaciers and mountain snows are rapidly melting—for example, Montana's Glacier National Park now has only 27 glaciers, versus 150 in 1910. In the Northern Hemisphere, thaws also come a week earlier in spring and freezes begin a week later.

    Coral reefs, which are highly sensitive to small changes in water temperature, suffered the worst bleaching—or die-off in response to stress—ever recorded in 1998, with some areas seeing bleach rates of 70 percent. Experts expect these sorts of events to increase in frequency and intensity in the next 50 years as sea temperatures rise.

    An upsurge in the amount of extreme weather events, such as wildfires, heat waves, and strong tropical storms, is also attributed in part to climate change by some experts.

    A report, based on the work of some 2,500 scientists in more than 130 countries, concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming. Human-caused global warming is often called anthropogenic climate change.

    Industrialization, deforestation, and pollution have greatly increased atmospheric concentrations of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide, all greenhouse gases that help trap heat near Earth's surface.

    Do I need more, or are "different chemicals" negating the results?

  24. #49
    Drake
    Guest

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by ALLHAILMEGATRON View Post
    Is anyone going to address the OP (original post), or is everyone just going to simply ignore it?

    Ignore? No. Debunk it as a load of crap? Yes.

  25. #50

    Default Re: "The biggest scandal in modern science"

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Here's some FACTS, and not mindless propaganda:

    Average temperatures have climbed 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degree Celsius) around the world since 1880, much of this in recent decades, according to NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

    That is false. Even the "scientists" in the OP admit that.

    The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.

    First of all, I'd like to see even one of those "number" of "climate change studies." Second of all, the U.N. is a council of lying thugs. Third of all, the simple truth that the Earth has been both warmer and cooler, globally, debunks the claim that the human race has any effect on global climate change. It's natural.

    The Arctic is feeling the effects the most. Average temperatures in Alaska, western Canada, and eastern Russia have risen at twice the global average, according to the multinational Arctic Climate Impact Assessment report compiled between 2000 and 2004.

    It's probably too much to ask, considering you've just copied and pasted all of this from a Google search result, but would you be so kind as to list any sources?

    Also, it says "risen at twice the global average." What? What is the "global average," exactly? That makes absolutely no sense!


    Arctic ice is rapidly disappearing, and the region may have its first completely ice-free summer by 2040 or earlier. Polar bears and indigenous cultures are already suffering from the sea-ice loss.

    That is absolutely false. There is no proof for any of what you pasted. As a matter of fact, some experts conclude the Polar Bear population has increased! Please read this article, http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba551/

    Glaciers and mountain snows are rapidly melting—for example, Montana's Glacier National Park now has only 27 glaciers, versus 150 in 1910. In the Northern Hemisphere, thaws also come a week earlier in spring and freezes begin a week later.

    Got any proof for that? You lecture me for withholding sources and references, (which I haven't), yet you yourself exclude such things. Hypocrite!

    Coral reefs, which are highly sensitive to small changes in water temperature, suffered the worst bleaching—or die-off in response to stress—ever recorded in 1998, with some areas seeing bleach rates of 70 percent. Experts expect these sorts of events to increase in frequency and intensity in the next 50 years as sea temperatures rise.

    Over a decade ago, huh? A lot of things can change in a decade. Try to keep up with current events.

    An upsurge in the amount of extreme weather events, such as wildfires, heat waves, and strong tropical storms, is also attributed in part to climate change by some experts.

    Right, wildfires, like the many that happened this year as result of arson? And heat waves, resulting in the horrible ice storm this nation experienced earlier this year? Oh wait.

    A report, based on the work of some 2,500 scientists in more than 130 countries, concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming. Human-caused global warming is often called anthropogenic climate change.

    As compared to "9,021 Ph.D.s, 6,961 at the master's level, 2,240 medical doctors and 12,850 carrying a bachelor of science or equivalent academic degree." who oppose it.

    Industrialization, deforestation, and pollution have greatly increased atmospheric concentrations of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide, all greenhouse gases that help trap heat near Earth's surface.

    That's a theory, you have no proof.

    Do I need more, or are "different chemicals" negating the results?

    Oxygen is a chemical, yes? Hydrogen is a chemical, yes? Helium is a chemical, yes? Thank you.
    ...

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •