Thread: was the TF 2007 Imax version any different from the Theatrical version?

Default was the TF 2007 Imax version any different from the Theatrical version?

I really dont remember and im kinda lazy to go through all those threads again! :lol

Default Re: was the TF 2007 Imax version any different from the Theatrical version?

It had several conversations between human characters. No extra robots footage.

Default Re: was the TF 2007 Imax version any different from the Theatrical version?

From what I've read it did have a few extended and deleted scenes. There was a The Spanish speaking guy's(I can't remember his name right now, LOL) Death scene. That's what disapointed me when I bought the 2 disk DVD. I had read about these scenes but they were not on the DVDS.

- More footage with Sam and Ron during/after police station scene.

- An exchange between Epps and pawn shop owner re: 2-way radios.

Main selling point of TF1 in IMAX was the sound design, and image recieving the IMAX DMR treatment. As I never really saw any ad campaign (outside of the internet, Bay's comments here) tout the extra footage.

- Fig's deathbed scene was part of a deleted scenes section. (I caught them via streaming content on the BD-Live of Blu-Ray TF1, IIRC)

Red face Re: was the TF 2007 Imax version any different from the Theatrical version?

Correction: I just realized my last line reads as if all of them are available on BD-live.

I was referring specifically to Fig's scene only. Them was in reference to that deleted scene and others on BD-Live, and not the extended IMAX footage.

If so, i read during rotf production, bay wanted Amaury Nolasco's character back in the movie but hes busy with prison break. but he said hes gonna be in tf3.

its gonna be a wtf moment if we gonna see his character back in 3 even if hes dead in tf1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    If so, i read during rotf production, bay wanted Amaury Nolasco's character back in the movie but hes busy with prison break. but he said hes gonna be in tf3.

its gonna be a wtf moment if we gonna see his character back in 3 even if hes dead in tf1.
    A little bit, but the scene of him dying remained on the cutting room floor (was never in the IMAX cut), so technically, he can return.

so its never made in the theatrical cut? even in imax? i missed tf1 in theatres
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    so its never made in the theatrical cut? even in imax? i missed tf1 in theatres
    Correct. In both cuts his fate is left ambiguous.

who are you talking about?

can you view these scenes online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post

Main selling point of TF1 in IMAX was the sound design, and image recieving the IMAX DMR treatment. As I never really saw any ad campaign (outside of the internet, Bay's comments here) tout the extra footage.
    IMAX DMR doesn't do an image any good. It actually makes the picture quality worse.
    You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light and Magic

Quote Originally Posted by RiseDarthVader View Post
    IMAX DMR doesn't do an image any good. It actually makes the picture quality worse.
    Key words. Ad. Campaign. I never said anything about it being a good thing either. In fact, go back far enough here (when arguing how 35mm getting blown up is not the same as native IMAX), not to mention TDK's bd, and you'll see I agree 100%.

RiseDarthVader is right, it doesn't make the picture any better when it's better to see it in a theater that is regular.