• No

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • other expalin

0 0%
  • Don't care

2 33.33%

Thread: Who here thinks that the japanese have gone too far with the whailing in antarctica

Banned

Default Who here thinks that the japanese have gone too far with the whailing in antarctica

and this is to no ofense to sora at all and if u do take it that way i aplogize bu they are killing innocent whales too fast and too much and that is why i want you guys to look up paul waston and what he is doing and sea sheprad it is the only way that whales won't die and be gone for good and again i do not m to ofend u
    sora

Default Re: Who here thinks that the japanese have gone too far with the whailing in antarct

IMO the so-called "research whaling" by Japan Institute of Cetacean Research (ICR) is a waste of our tax money.

Still, I'd like you (Comicbook guy) to know that general Japanese today are not whale-eaters as most Westerners think. Whales are no longer needed as food resources here. (Even the new Prime Minister hates whale meat.) I think it's only a matter of time before ICR's whaling rapidly fades out.

So, I for one support neither whaling nor extreme action by environmental groups.

Default Re: Who here thinks that the japanese have gone too far with the whailing in antarct

^ Here's hoping.

It is silly they get around the no hunting laws by catching them all for "scientific" purposes and then selling them... especially given the endangered status of whales, and the long time it takes to rebuild the population.

Then again, there was a South Park episode on the Good Shepard... XD

The Australian Navy IIRC was doing a good job preventing poaching, etc. Terrorism is never the answer.
    "to punish and enslave"

I thought whailing was done only by the Inuit?
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Banned

Dude, why do you make these threads? It's like your asking fir arguments!

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    IMO the so-called "research whaling" by Japan Institute of Cetacean Research (ICR) is a waste of our tax money.

Still, I'd like you (Comicbook guy) to know that general Japanese today are not whale-eaters as most Westerners think. Whales are no longer needed as food resources here. (Even the new Prime Minister hates whale meat.) I think it's only a matter of time before ICR's whaling rapidly fades out.

So, I for one support neither whaling nor extreme action by environmental groups.
    Neither do I. There is a lot of False information out there about issues like this (One close to home is the seal hunt And I won't go any further than that. Hate mail BAD).

As for the Killing of whales, I'll just say that I was never for it commercially. If you are killing one to feed your family then that is understandable. And these days not many practice this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    They Hunt the animals for food. And they hunt only what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Nope. Quite a bit of whaling etc. going on in the world... it's still a pretty big problem.
    "to punish and enslave"